Best way to wheelie a 1000cc bike?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 01:43 PM

JerseyRR201 is a decent person
Best way to wheelie a 1000cc bike?

Ok sorry for the newb post but this is my 2nd bike i have a good 7k miles under my belt just looking for tips on how to wheelie my 07 1000rr ??? Dragging knees and going fast gets boring after a while
Old 01-12-2010, 01:57 PM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person
Re: Best way to wheelie a 1000cc bike?

Originally Posted by JerseyRR201
Ok sorry for the newb post but this is my 2nd bike i have a good 7k miles under my belt just looking for tips on how to wheelie my 07 1000rr ??? Dragging knees and going fast gets boring after a while
seriously? do a damn search
Old 01-12-2010, 01:57 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

ever done a burnout in a manual transmission car? same thing. clutch in, hit gas, release clutch continue giving gas, ride wheelie. everything else is details that you will figure out with time and practice.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by jebova2301
seriously? do a damn search

**** u you chicago piece of ****
Old 01-12-2010, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
ever done a burnout in a manual transmission car? same thing. clutch in, hit gas, release clutch continue giving gas, ride wheelie. everything else is details that you will figure out with time and practice.

Yah i drive one of the fastes audi/vw cars on the east coast....
And i knew that already just really scared as in this bike isnt as forgiving as my 04 r6 i dont wanna get throttle happy and loop it
Old 01-12-2010, 02:19 PM

*KINGPIN* is an unknown quantity at this point

are you from...............the jersey shore?
Old 01-12-2010, 02:21 PM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person

**** u you chicago piece of ****
where does it say im from chicago? i can guarantee you im not from there. im from 4.5 hours away from chicago. next time think before you type out another stupid question/remark
Old 01-12-2010, 02:22 PM
lets ****in ride!!!

clutchitup21 is a decent person

first off 7k miles are not that many for you to think your ready to rock some pow pows down the high way....you'll start doing them on your own when your ready... anyway i'll give my opinion.... if it were ''me'' i would take off, get it up to 3rd, pull in the clutch rev it up a bit and dump the clutch and you should have a smooth lift since your in 3rd it wont be so violent as if you were in 1st or 2nd gear.... dont rev too much, just a little, just enough to see how much it takes to get the wheel off and carry it a few feet.... get use to doing that and only that!! once you master that, bring the wheel a little higher (only a foot or so off the ground) and start using your foot brake to set it down EVERY time... learning foot brake control is the most important before you can ride out a wheelie....once your use to and good at all that, repeat everything i said in 1st gear.. when your good at it in 1st then you can start getting the wheel higher... but ALWAYS set the bike down with your foot brake, and if your building up too much speed, set it down and try again...........IF YOU TAKE BABY STEPS AND NOT SHOW OFF AND DONT RIDE OUTSIDE YOUR LIMITS YOU WILL KEEP YOU AND YOUR BIKE IN ONE PIECE.....

hope this helps...... if anyone wants to add something then have at it
Old 01-12-2010, 02:26 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by *KINGPIN*

but seriously, **** third gear, FIRST GEAR! Sure you might loop easier, but at least in 1st you'll loop at 50mph instead of looping at 130mph
Old 01-12-2010, 02:28 PM

[quote=clutchitup21;4237884]first off 7k miles are not that many for you to think your ready to rock some pow pows down the high way....you'll start doing them on your own when your ready... anyway i'll give my opinion.... if it were ''me'' i would take off, get it up to 3rd, pull in the clutch rev it up a bit and dump the clutch and you should have a smooth lift since your in 3rd it wont be so violent as if you were in 1st or 2nd gear.... dont rev too much, just a little, just enough to see how much it takes to get the wheel off and carry it a few feet.... get use to doing that and only that!! once you master that, bring the wheel a little higher (only a foot or so off the ground) and start using your foot brake to set it down EVERY time... learning foot brake control is the most important before you can ride out a wheelie....once your use to and good at all that, repeat everything i said in 1st gear.. when your good at it in 1st then you can start getting the wheel higher... but ALWAYS set the bike down with your foot brake, and if your building up too much speed, set it down and try again...........IF YOU TAKE BABY STEPS AND NOT SHOW OFF AND DONT RIDE OUTSIDE YOUR LIMITS YOU WILL KEEP YOU AND YOUR BIKE IN ONE PIECE.....

Thanks for the help bro i appreciate it thats a good idea
Old 01-12-2010, 02:29 PM
life is good......BRAAAP!

-nelson will become famous soon enough

riding a wheelie on a liter bike is basicly the same as riding a wheelie on a 600. You can loop a 600 as easy as you can loop a 1000. Start with the basics, get the feel of clutching it up,(slip the clutch, blip the throttle) in first or second, in whatever position you feel comfortable (sit down, staggered, etc.) DONT throttle it into a wheelie, (power wheelie), power wheelies are unpredictable, and you have more of chance to loop that way. Cover your rear brake, thats basicly your life line, if you get too far back, tap it to bring the front end back down. Keep part of your focus on your height, a good focus point is your front forks. At slower speeds the balance point is around where your forks are level (parallel) with the ground... good luck, be safe... The clutch is key!
Old 01-12-2010, 02:29 PM
lets ****in ride!!!

first off 7k miles are not that many for you to think your ready to rock some pow pows down the high way....you'll start doing them on your own when your ready... anyway i'll give my opinion.... if it were ''me'' i would take off, get it up to 3rd, pull in the clutch rev it up a bit and dump the clutch and you should have a smooth lift since your in 3rd it wont be so violent as if you were in 1st or 2nd gear.... dont rev too much, just a little, just enough to see how much it takes to get the wheel off and carry it a few feet.... get use to doing that and only that!! once you master that, bring the wheel a little higher (only a foot or so off the ground) and start using your foot brake to set it down EVERY time... learning foot brake control is the most important before you can ride out a wheelie....once your use to and good at all that, repeat everything i said in 1st gear.. when your good at it in 1st then you can start getting the wheel higher... but ALWAYS set the bike down with your foot brake, and if your building up too much speed, set it down and try again...........IF YOU TAKE BABY STEPS AND NOT SHOW OFF AND DONT RIDE OUTSIDE YOUR LIMITS YOU WILL KEEP YOU AND YOUR BIKE IN ONE PIECE.....

hope this helps...... if anyone wants to add something then have at it
Old 01-12-2010, 02:34 PM

^ Thanks for the help... Yah 3rd gear is a good idea im gonna try that ... When i clutch in how much rev\throttle\rpm should i give it?
Old 01-12-2010, 02:36 PM
lets ****in ride!!!

sorry for the repost.... damn computer...lol.......
Old 01-12-2010, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by *KINGPIN*

Lol now thats a good one

Those ***** making bad reps for every1 in jersey
Old 01-12-2010, 02:52 PM
lets ****in ride!!!

^ Thanks for the help... Yah 3rd gear is a good idea im gonna try that ... When i clutch in how much rev\throttle\rpm should i give it?

as i said, baby step it.... the first time you try it dont even rev enough to lift the wheel... every time you try, rev a little more till you find the sweet spot, then play with it for a while..lol..(yes i know that sounded gay)lol...

go the same speed every time you try it.... or you'll get confused.... if you were doing it at 30mph and found the sweet spot, then you try it at 20mph or 40mph the bike will react different, so you would have to rev more or less depending on the speed your at when you clutchitup..... so what ever speed you started at keep doing it at that speed till your comfortable trying another speed
Old 01-12-2010, 02:59 PM

Dakota1810 is a decent person

clutchitup is giving you really good advice, baby step it and youll find out whats right for you and your bike
Old 01-12-2010, 03:06 PM
TEAM KELM MOTHAFUUCKA***S

br denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of light

damn i missed those threads...

you're insane if you think you can wheelie a 1000RR

they're to weak

get a 09 busa
Old 01-12-2010, 03:06 PM

r6roadrash is a decent person

hey clutch whats up man? still got that R1?

anywho. is it really that benifical to clutch? i never cluctchitup, i just get in 2nd on my r6 and go about 3-4k then hammer the gas it comes up nice and smooth and from there i can shift the gears if needed. but i dont know if thats good advice i cant getahold of BP at all. so im getting a more teeth to see how that helps, but anyone got good advice on clutching it id like to know as well every time i do it i comes up so fast i just hammer the brake and almost throw myself over the front, ha funny but it hurts my *****.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by br denis
damn i missed those threads...

you're insane if you think you can wheelie a 1000RR

they're to weak

get a 09 busa

I wish but your mother bought me this bike

Quick Reply: Best way to wheelie a 1000cc bike?