What seperates Amateurs from Pros

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 05:46 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough
Re: What seperates Amateurs from Pros

Originally Posted by FUCT420
very true..i have seen sum pretty shitty spots that they have to ride on
i went down to evansville and rode with drastic dan last sunday and did a show and hang out with him....there spot sucks *** and i couldnt do **** half as good or as smooth as i could at my spot.. But dan was still killin it....he told me it doesnt bug him about ridin at shitty spot since the comps are never perfect..
Old 08-14-2009, 05:51 PM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
Every top level rider I know is consistent as hell. Now, take that rider, put him a less than desirable area, place a little stress on him, then tell him to do all his hardest tricks in 3min. And you say they put their feet down as a negative? If a professional rider is riding at the limit then there is a chance things wont be perfect. But to say they're inconsistent is wrong.

And for all the comps are boring guys. Yeah to a point. If you ride with people that are at that level on the weekends you're not going to see much new. But comps aren't made for people like yourself. They're made for the people who don't see it every weekend.

Really they are as entertaining as you want them to be. If you come with the attitude of "these guys better blow me away" and the riders don't. Perhaps you, or your boys should be competing. Then you would have someone to get behind and it would be entertaining. The other way to look at it is going to see the current benchmark. There is a lot of progression that goes on each year throughout the points series.

And in the AM vs PRO category. That's kinda funny. I think of it this way. If you go to a riders website and they say they're professional stunt rider(s). They're probably amateurs.
yeah i figured id eventually get burned by a "pro" that competes for making that comment.. but as a spectator thats just what i see.. and alot of other people see that too.. im not trying to take anything from you guys.. you all ****** kill it.. and its not everyone out their competing either. for ex: you, bill d, ernie, lin and sum others.. their just seems to be alot of people competing that are kinda just like fillers.. takin up spots.. i dont know i really dont care.. just my 2cents
Old 08-14-2009, 06:06 PM

Nick Apex is a decent person

yeah i figured id eventually get burned by a "pro" that competes for making that comment.. but as a spectator thats just what i see.. and alot of other people see that too.. im not trying to take anything from you guys.. you all ****** kill it.. and its not everyone out their competing either. for ex: you, bill d, ernie, lin and sum others.. their just seems to be alot of people competing that are kinda just like fillers.. takin up spots.. i dont know i really dont care.. just my 2cents
Word. Not trying to burn ya haha. Just gotta play devils advocate. We're all collectively getting there. The format, locations, riders, everything. It's all coming together. What we're really missing is the dangerous tricks that can really hurt a rider or total a bike. That day is coming, when, I don't know, but soon!
Old 08-14-2009, 06:11 PM
N2O
Never 2 old 2 die!

N2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud of

what seperates me from the amateurs is ....my tractor.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:14 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

you did it now buddy!!! Lol...Jk

I just see it, regardless pro or am....its improving the sport. The more events= more money, the more business want to hire for stunt shows. I cant count how many times ive seen apex on t.v. But the more this sport gets noticed the better it will b for all of us in the future....ride on!
Old 08-14-2009, 06:51 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

joel why are you asking this question ? is there an event that has separate pro/amateur events ?
Old 08-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

Originally Posted by nolimitriderz
No beating around the bush huh T-neck.. By the way I am coming to o-town this weekend u riding?
yeah man ill be out there.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:38 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

im a pro...tagonist
Old 08-15-2009, 12:00 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

im a pro post ***** , even got my own smiley to prove it
Old 08-15-2009, 12:09 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by old man roger
im a pro post ***** , even got my own smiley to prove it
get back to your corner *****!

The way i see it, freestyle motocross comps in it's upcoming was "boring" to watch after about the 3rd guy did the 40th heal clicker of the day.

I believe that in time there will be order and a lot more to stuntriding. Just like other alternative sports.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:14 AM
O.T.L.

ANTI-SOCIAL is a decent person

A pro is someone who can do a stunt show in the cutie pies parking lot !
Old 08-15-2009, 12:55 AM

ToKwik is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to throw in a point that I don't think has been addressed yet.

Just an observation....

Amature riders ride well, and sometimes better than pro's. But riding skills make up only a small percentage.
Pro riders not only ride, but have to constantly treat everything as a business. Spectators are customers. Customers require attention. Photo sessions at events, autographs, general interaction, and the image of the sport to name just a few.

Just one large dog and pony show, and the rider is the one on display.

I think more time is spent doing everything else related to riding, than actually riding.

Just an observation. I could be wrong. But I think all the additional B.S. is a determining factor in seperating the pros from the amatures.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:02 AM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

true stuna runs from the cops from time to time..and rides long high chair wheelies
Old 08-15-2009, 01:15 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ToKwik
Just to throw in a point that I don't think has been addressed yet.

Just an observation....

Amature riders ride well, and sometimes better than pro's. But riding skills make up only a small percentage.
Pro riders not only ride, but have to constantly treat everything as a business. Spectators are customers. Customers require attention. Photo sessions at events, autographs, general interaction, and the image of the sport to name just a few.

Just one large dog and pony show, and the rider is the one on display.

I think more time is spent doing everything else related to riding, than actually riding.

Just an observation. I could be wrong. But I think all the additional B.S. is a determining factor in seperating the pros from the amatures.
U r very correct, there is even more bs to b done away from events as well. Never considered myself a pro stunted...used to b a professional teacher, now I ride motorcycles professionally.

Comps r boring for anyone who is an actual participant on the sport of sportbike freestyle, just like going to a race or wathcing Fmx is boring to those of us who have done it or been around it. To even a skilled non stunter, the bike control displayed is amazing.

As for definition, I think u can pretty much consider urself pro if u compete at Xdl consistently. U don't have to make a living to b pro nor do u have to compete at every evnt...I phone is too slow to keep up with my brain...I'm out
Old 08-15-2009, 10:06 AM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
haha just so everyone knows, the second pic i was dressed as a turd for holloween..

damn i thought that was a ninja costume.

in most sports amateurs are usually better than the pro's becuase they want it more and got a major paid sponsership to earn.

Last edited by Ethiopian; 08-15-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:34 AM

nolimitriderz is a decent person

This was a great time killen thread but how come Joel has posted back
Old 08-15-2009, 10:39 AM
ROSS

$ROSS$ is a decent person

If you have ever placed top 5 at XDL
Maybe top ten.maybe
Old 08-15-2009, 11:29 AM

Etnies is a decent person

You want to see a pro....watch "Hot Rod"
Old 08-15-2009, 11:38 AM

BandAidSquid is a splendid one to beholdBandAidSquid is a splendid one to beholdBandAidSquid is a splendid one to beholdBandAidSquid is a splendid one to beholdBandAidSquid is a splendid one to beholdBandAidSquid is a splendid one to beholdBandAidSquid is a splendid one to behold

I just like to ride

I can't even afford a steering stabilizer...
Old 08-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dwminnick
i just like to ride

i can't even afford a steering stabilizer...

+1.

Quick Reply: What seperates Amateurs from Pros