Whos got their 2 rear calipers linked together for their handbrake

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 02:14 PM

Klos is a decent person
Whos got their 2 rear calipers linked together for their handbrake

I know I have heard of some people doing this, I have kind of been thinking about trying it out. Does anyone have any pics of how to do this.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:19 PM

da Liks is a decent person
Re: Whos got their 2 rear calipers linked together for their handbrake

i do.. check in Apex' topic " The end all". you need an adapter and a 1,5 foot brakeline and a double banjo..
Old 07-26-2009, 02:21 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

you need to run a fti or a gp tech adapter in your rear master and then put a double banjo bolt on the first caliper so you can run a short line from the first caliper to the second caliper , you will have one line going from your hand brake master to your adapter in your rear foot brake master then a line from your rear master to your front caliper and then a short line from the first caliper to the second caliper

a buddy of mine did it with two stock single piston calipers and it was awesome
Old 07-26-2009, 02:24 PM

Klos is a decent person

I only want to use the 2 calipers for the handbrake a the one for the foot brake. I dont really need more foot brake
Old 07-26-2009, 02:24 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

lets see pics
Old 07-26-2009, 02:26 PM
www.stuntbikestore.com

SBS Pez is a decent person

OMR "gp tech"
Old 07-26-2009, 02:38 PM

just check out the thread i wrote..
Old 07-26-2009, 02:40 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by SBS Pez
OMR "gp tech"
Old 07-26-2009, 02:42 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Klos
I only want to use the 2 calipers for the handbrake a the one for the foot brake. I dont really need more foot brake
that becomes much more complicated and and expensive
Old 07-26-2009, 02:52 PM

not really cuz in that case the double banjo boly goes in the FB master on the adapter, holding the HB line and the line to the extra caliper. the stock caliper has the line going to the stock position.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:54 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by da Liks
not really cuz in that case the double banjo boly goes in the FB master on the adapter, holding the HB line and the line to the extra caliper. the stock caliper has the line going to the stock position.
wouldnt the pressure bleed off back through the master ?
Old 07-26-2009, 02:59 PM
also known as OMR

man if that works im surprised more people with dual caliper set ups dont do it
Old 07-26-2009, 03:08 PM
also known as OMR

ok i had to draw it out on paper to convince my mind this works ...lol awesome idea da liks
Old 07-26-2009, 03:18 PM
Yut-ugh.

nickalltogether is a decent person

Pics.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:21 PM
also known as OMR

heres da liks set up

Name:  IMG_2781.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  49.7 KB
Old 07-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

Originally Posted by da Liks
yup.a guy I ride with"jcf4i" just did it,I gave him an old brakeline I had layin around, he put his adapter back in,and found a double banjo,now he's basically got a 8 piston HB and the foot brake just works one of the 4 piston calipers,he said it's ,not only does it have more power,he said it's also got more feel.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:30 PM
also known as OMR

i just run a single four piston caliper and people used to always tell me it was over kill....lol

no such thing as over kill when it comes to brakes if you ask me
Old 07-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
i just run a single four piston caliper and people used to always tell me it was over kill....lol

no such thing as over kill when it comes to brakes if you ask me
+100000 I'm only runnin the FTI 4 piston adapter bracket,I love it but more power is always better IMO.some day I'll get the dual 4 piston set up and link em
Old 07-26-2009, 03:35 PM

hahahaha 8 piston handbrake.. wtf!! i had a single caliper ALL my stunting career up until 2 weeks ago!
Old 07-26-2009, 03:41 PM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

I agree you don't really need more than a single four piston caliper,but it's fun to try and see how far you can go,as far as braking powerI wanna try it on my bike just to see the difference that two 4 piston calipers linked makes.

Quick Reply: Whos got their 2 rear calipers linked together for their handbrake