Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   Whos got their 2 rear calipers linked together for their handbrake (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/260424-whos-got-their-2-a.html)

Klos 07-26-2009 02:14 PM

Whos got their 2 rear calipers linked together for their handbrake

I know I have heard of some people doing this, I have kind of been thinking about trying it out. Does anyone have any pics of how to do this.

da Liks 07-26-2009 02:19 PM

Re: Whos got their 2 rear calipers linked together for their handbrake

i do.. check in Apex' topic " The end all". you need an adapter and a 1,5 foot brakeline and a double banjo..

old man roger 07-26-2009 02:21 PM

you need to run a fti or a gp tech adapter in your rear master and then put a double banjo bolt on the first caliper so you can run a short line from the first caliper to the second caliper , you will have one line going from your hand brake master to your adapter in your rear foot brake master then a line from your rear master to your front caliper and then a short line from the first caliper to the second caliper

a buddy of mine did it with two stock single piston calipers and it was awesome

Klos 07-26-2009 02:24 PM

I only want to use the 2 calipers for the handbrake a the one for the foot brake. I dont really need more foot brake

Armenian 07-26-2009 02:24 PM

lets see pics

SBS Pez 07-26-2009 02:26 PM

OMR "gp tech" :whoopass::whoopass:

da Liks 07-26-2009 02:38 PM

just check out the thread i wrote..

old man roger 07-26-2009 02:40 PM

[quote=SBS Pez;4054559]OMR "gp tech" :whoopass::whoopass:[/quote]:shruggs

old man roger 07-26-2009 02:42 PM

[quote=Klos;4054556]I only want to use the 2 calipers for the handbrake a the one for the foot brake. I dont really need more foot brake[/quote]that becomes much more complicated and and expensive

da Liks 07-26-2009 02:52 PM

not really cuz in that case the double banjo boly goes in the FB master on the adapter, holding the HB line and the line to the extra caliper. the stock caliper has the line going to the stock position.

old man roger 07-26-2009 02:54 PM

[quote=da Liks;4054584]not really cuz in that case the double banjo boly goes in the FB master on the adapter, holding the HB line and the line to the extra caliper. the stock caliper has the line going to the stock position.[/quote]wouldnt the pressure bleed off back through the master ?

old man roger 07-26-2009 02:59 PM

man if that works im surprised more people with dual caliper set ups dont do it

old man roger 07-26-2009 03:08 PM

ok i had to draw it out on paper to convince my mind this works ...lol awesome idea da liks

nickalltogether 07-26-2009 03:18 PM

Pics.

old man roger 07-26-2009 03:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
heres da liks set up

[ATTACH]265334[/ATTACH]

blee 07-26-2009 03:24 PM

[QUOTE=da Liks;4054584]not really cuz in that case the double banjo boly goes in the FB master on the adapter, holding the HB line and the line to the extra caliper. the stock caliper has the line going to the stock position.[/QUOTE]

yup.a guy I ride with"jcf4i" just did it,I gave him an old brakeline I had layin around, he put his adapter back in,and found a double banjo,now he's basically got a 8 piston HB and the foot brake just works one of the 4 piston calipers,he said it's :apimp,not only does it have more power,he said it's also got more feel.:cheers

old man roger 07-26-2009 03:30 PM

i just run a single four piston caliper and people used to always tell me it was over kill....lol

no such thing as over kill when it comes to brakes if you ask me

blee 07-26-2009 03:34 PM

[QUOTE=old man roger;4054620]i just run a single four piston caliper and people used to always tell me it was over kill....lol

no such thing as over kill when it comes to brakes if you ask me[/QUOTE]

+100000 I'm only runnin the FTI 4 piston adapter bracket,I love it but more power is always better IMO.some day I'll get the dual 4 piston set up and link em:apimp

da Liks 07-26-2009 03:35 PM

hahahaha 8 piston handbrake.. wtf!! i had a single caliper ALL my stunting career up until 2 weeks ago!

blee 07-26-2009 03:41 PM

I agree you don't really need more than a single four piston caliper,but it's fun to try and see how far you can go,as far as braking power:LOLI wanna try it on my bike just to see the difference that two 4 piston calipers linked makes.:shruggs