Impaktech cages are fu$%ing ridiculous!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 04:47 PM

ShaneGSXR21 is a decent person
Re: Impaktech cages are fu$%ing ridiculous!!!

Originally Posted by Riddleea6684
hey guys, im startin on my 08 street triple, ive been looking fora cage and since its not amung the main-stream stunt bikes then its ***** hard to find a cage... actually this is the closes ive found for it http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...view/4883/699/ i was wanting to know if someone with a little more experience could tell me if this is a good start with maybe an extra bar coming across the engine horrizontally.

the way everything is mounted to the front of the motor like that I think it looks like it wouldnt do much in a stunt related crash but Ive seen people murdering it on trumphs before but they probably had cages made
Old 11-20-2009, 08:21 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Riddleea6684
hey guys, im startin on my 08 street triple, ive been looking fora cage and since its not amung the main-stream stunt bikes then its ***** hard to find a cage... actually this is the closes ive found for it http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...view/4883/699/ i was wanting to know if someone with a little more experience could tell me if this is a good start with maybe an extra bar coming across the engine horrizontally.
that actually probably work decent, but you could make a strong *** custom cage since the bike has 2 motor mounts.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:49 AM

Black03R1 is an unknown quantity at this point

post pic of the cage on an f4i
Old 11-21-2009, 11:53 AM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Black03R1
post pic of the cage on an f4i
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	f4i cage.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	234096  
Old 11-21-2009, 06:56 PM

Black03R1 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks loogie. that gunna be a double slider setup too like some of the other ones i have seen posted are?
Old 11-21-2009, 08:16 PM

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

ya dual sliders
Old 11-21-2009, 09:08 PM

Raider9170 is an unknown quantity at this point

The f4i ones work great for falls but hang too low if you like to drift....
Old 11-22-2009, 03:02 AM

babyJOKER is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm gonna pick up the KKS edition 03 636 for my next cage.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:32 PM

im about to upgrade from the "standard" stunt cage to the KKS cage myself on my 04
Old 11-25-2009, 03:28 AM

Tenn-A-Key is a decent person

does he have one for a 07cbr600rr
Old 11-25-2009, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Tenn-A-Key
does he have one for a 07cbr600rr
you know it!!!! www.myspace.com/impaktech for pics/pricing
Old 11-25-2009, 02:02 PM
squid hunter

Trick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by T-NECK
hmmm....

I was thinking the exact same thing!
Old 11-25-2009, 04:15 PM

SON DOOBY is a decent person

man.. i am deff not getting into this discussion again but for...TRICK... this is for YOU!my for those of you who .. who cant seem to think out of the box and base all your judement from looks alone.... i wont mention any names ........ you think i just looked at the 2 worse cages ever built..and decided to do the same thing... ... well since you seem unedjucated on the process of building a cage ill inform you on something i call DIFFERENT. lets see why they can look similar?? well first off... every cage for every same year bike will have some same mounting points..why? because i do not own suzuki, kawasaki, honda, or yahama .. and thats beyond my control where to start mounts off of.. theres only so many to chose from if you can even chose different mounts. ..theres motor mount at the front... and depending on clearance .. theres either the motor mount in the back or the swing arm hole... so .. with that in mind... cages can possibly look the same. now let me explain to you how my designs are different in every way..lets start off with dimension.. and materials...POWERS... from my observations... uses 1 inch .95 wall tubing.. which i believe to be mild steel cause it twist and bends right after all the bracing thats in it that i would say holds it together .. but due to the poor strenght of the material it still bends right after all the bracing and the small motor mount tubes are hard to deal with after crashes .. 905.. uses 1 and a quarter in material that breaks and rips like paper.. so im really not sure what that stuff is...and their motor mounts are .95 1 and a half inch tubing .. technically 905 allready has 2 better qualities than powers.. ( bigger motomount tube to make it easier to access and bigger tubing for the rest of the cage.. from a fabrication standpoint if 905 used 1 and a quarter tube.. thats .95 ( for now well assume that all material is the same ) i can technically use a 1 inch tube with thicker wall say .120 and have the strenght be equal. 905 crossbars in my opinion are extremely week..and whatever washers they use for the ends of all thier cages are plain thin washers that get smashed upon impact. now lets see what ive done to make a DIFFERENCE?? .. every other company seems to use mild steel ( dont quote me on this just what im assuming from what ive seen) mild steel strenght is 40,000 PSI ....its week because the tubing process is rolled and then a machine welds the seems together .. giving it a week point.. but its cheap so i guess everyone uses it . my cages are a combination of super strong and strong to medium materials .. to where i believe will be strong .. but will still give at some point. my materials go from DOM to chromoly ( both seemless tubing).. DOM strength is roughly 80,000 PSI and chromoly is about 120,000 PSI .. nascar uses DOM because is still bends and doesnt snap..but it sure doesnt bend like mild steel does... not only are my wall thickness different but my materials are as well.. some parts of my cages are tig welded for a cleaner look and more strenght .. the washers i use at the tube ends are custom made 3/16 thick on all ends of the cage.. the crossbar itself is 1 and a quarter inch..( i technically dont even have to use a brace in the cage shown).. but i put it in their to look closer to my original design on my gixxer .. i have made a solution to every problem i have seen from stunting myself .. and it seems to be working just fine..i eliminated the major bracing and small tubing that powers uses.. and ive eliminated the poor materials and thin washers that 905 uses.. and it works .. .. i can do this cause im a 1 man operation.. and i can get away with higher quality materials and better crafsmanship cause i build everything myself from start to finish.. didnt you ever learn to never judge a book by its cover??

Last edited by SON DOOBY; 11-25-2009 at 04:24 PM. Reason: trick is just as smart as t-neck
Old 11-26-2009, 10:37 AM

Raider9170 is an unknown quantity at this point

That paragraph in short... Impaktech cages are SICK! Design wise they are about perfect! The staggered sliders make them fall way more softly and keep them from rolling onto the tank. I am definitely one person who has given my impaktech a solid abusing and it never missed a beat. What REALLY impressed me, that I have never seen a cage do, is that when I took it off it came off super easy with no bending/twisting/pulling. Every cage I have ever seen used for a whole season ended up super bent and sucked to take off and on.... not these!
Old 11-26-2009, 01:40 PM

Name:  PA050917.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  116.3 KB

i thank trick and T-neck for this design keep up the criticism
Old 11-26-2009, 01:44 PM

da Liks is a decent person

that looks ****** strong!
Old 11-26-2009, 01:46 PM

dude that KKS cage for the 05-06 looks diesel as **** and that bike is evil looking
Old 11-26-2009, 01:50 PM

drift clearanceName:  PA050920.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  86.2 KB
Name:  PB251113.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  52.7 KB
and still 100% stator protection .. and this is without a bottom slider..( in case someone used up their slider and doesnt get new ones) Name:  PB251118.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  39.9 KB
Old 11-26-2009, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by loogie
dude that KKS cage for the 05-06 looks diesel as **** and that bike is evil looking
dont worry ..when i catch up on things.. we can switch out the one on your 06 kawi to
Old 11-26-2009, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by SON DOOBY
dont worry ..when i catch up on things.. we can switch out the one on your 06 kawi to
ya buddyi actually need to swap the one for my cash wrapped 04 tho..i sold my 05 to my buddy that just started stunting

Quick Reply: Impaktech cages are fu$%ing ridiculous!!!