08-09 gsxr idle that can not be adjusted

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 12:44 AM
EGO
REDBULL MAKES ME AWESOME

EGO has a spectacular aura aboutEGO has a spectacular aura about
08-09 gsxr idle that can not be adjusted

Has anyone figured away around the Idle Speed Control (ISC) valve that controls the idle that the new gsxrs use? I have many ideas but not sure if I really feel like trying them out. Also for all you numb nutts that are gonna say "There is a ******* **** you turn under the tank" NO THERE IS NOT AND YOU HAVE NO CLUE WTF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT! All the new gsxrs have a ecu idle control valve which makes the bike go crazy if you just pull out the throttle stop screw and replace it with an adjuster. So I wanna see if anyone has tried anything
Old 05-22-2009, 12:58 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 08-09 gsxr idle that can not be adjusted

is it the same as the 06/07 coz that had an idle screw on the inside of the fairings that you could either attach a longer idle cable to or put a hose on the screw and stick it out the side of the plastics
Old 05-22-2009, 01:01 AM
EGO
REDBULL MAKES ME AWESOME

no not the same i have 2 07's and yes they have the **** that can be ADJUSTED, 08 up NO **** and ECU adjust the idle as it feels it needs to while riding.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:02 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

thats wack - shoulda got a 636 then lol.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:03 AM
EGO
REDBULL MAKES ME AWESOME

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
thats wack - shoulda got a 636 then lol.
LOL I don't need no 636 dammit hahahaha. Na this is my street bike a 08 750 but i was thinking about trying it in the lots but maybe not if I can't find away around this
Old 05-22-2009, 01:05 AM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by EGO
LOL I don't need no 636 dammit hahahaha. Na this is my street bike a 08 750 but i was thinking about trying it in the lots but maybe not if I can't find away around this
theres gotta be a way somehow and if not that sucks. you try askin on the gixxer forums maybe someone there would know
Old 05-22-2009, 01:11 AM
EGO
REDBULL MAKES ME AWESOME

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
theres gotta be a way somehow and if not that sucks. you try askin on the gixxer forums maybe someone there would know
I was on that forum for about 1 min and relized those guys on there know nothing lol. They all just like to yell at eachother it's funny as hell. I am thinking there has to be away also but what the prob is, is this damn sensors that when you do turn it up you can't turn it back down so i would get stuck riding around with the damn idle at 4 grand looking like a damn retard sitting at lights plus I don't like it that high on the streets. Hell if i could get it to stay at 2500 I would be happy but it's either at 4 and above or stock. Anything in the middle makes the bike go into a limp mode and it's a bitch to ride like that so you have to turn it off every 10 miles and reset the damn thing. Someone has to have figured this out already
Old 05-22-2009, 01:14 AM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by EGO
I was on that forum for about 1 min and relized those guys on there know nothing lol. They all just like to yell at eachother it's funny as hell. I am thinking there has to be away also but what the prob is, is this damn sensors that when you do turn it up you can't turn it back down so i would get stuck riding around with the damn idle at 4 grand looking like a damn retard sitting at lights plus I don't like it that high on the streets. Hell if i could get it to stay at 2500 I would be happy but it's either at 4 and above or stock. Anything in the middle makes the bike go into a limp mode and it's a bitch to ride like that so you have to turn it off every 10 miles and reset the damn thing. Someone has to have figured this out already
id sell that bitch and keep it movin lol. good luck and yeah +1 on them being morons. I was on there a while back when I had my gsxr hahaha.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:18 AM
NealFoReal

what about fabbing something up that you could hook an idle cable up to that would open the butterflies like an f4i idle cable would do Shot in the dark but im sure it could be done. youd just need something to screw the cable in to near the tb's. Like I said shot in the dark lol.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:33 AM
EGO
REDBULL MAKES ME AWESOME

more or less I have to find away to maybe bypass that sensor. Everytime you do anything that makes the idle change no matter what the ecu changes it to make up for it. It's a real pain in the *** lol
Old 05-22-2009, 01:37 AM
NealFoReal

yeah but if you were actually opening the butterflies on the tb's just like it would do if you were twisting the throttle, it wouldnt override that all the 2nd idle cable is on the f4i is a hole where you can screw in the idle cable where the stop screw (or whatever its called) is. Iono - its late and im probably talkin out my ***. good luck.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:15 PM
EGO
REDBULL MAKES ME AWESOME

lol this makes me laugh cause i would have thought for sure some smart *** was gonna tell me to just turn the adjuster hahahahaha.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:16 AM
EGO
REDBULL MAKES ME AWESOME

since i got no replies to this which is prob good cause that's means I wasn't the only who didn't get this. So here is the low down of what I have tried so far and what has worked. First you can not do anything with the clutch switch so leave it alone. As this can cause a prob since easy pulls you can not mount the switch to but if you let it hang with a zip tie around it so that the switch is always closed it should work and I will find out soon. I know about this clutch switch because this was making my bike go ape ***** and couldn't figure out why since on my 07 taking the switch off was no big deal nut on the 08 up it make a FI code come up which is code 40- ISC. I thought the code was coming up because i fabed up this nice little idle adjuster and kept f'in with the idle. After i replaced the clutch back to how to was suppose to be everything is good. So in all you just have to take out the set screw and make and idle adjuster for the new gsxr's. If you guys need pics let me know cause i have this thing apart daily since I am trying other stuff with it.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:52 AM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by EGO
So in all you just have to take out the set screw and make and idle adjuster for the new gsxr's. If you guys need pics let me know cause i have this thing apart daily since I am trying other stuff with it.
isnt that what i said lol or close to it at least
Old 06-03-2009, 01:46 PM

kirny is a decent person

this is a shot in the dark but when i put agaist on my k6 1000 you had to cut two wires so it would pull the F1 code cause of that stupid valve....this ecu idle adjust is it in anyway like that so you could just cut those wires and then its not in control of it anymore
Old 06-03-2009, 03:45 PM
EGO
REDBULL MAKES ME AWESOME

Originally Posted by kirny
this is a shot in the dark but when i put agaist on my k6 1000 you had to cut two wires so it would pull the F1 code cause of that stupid valve....this ecu idle adjust is it in anyway like that so you could just cut those wires and then its not in control of it anymore
The 08 up bikes have the ecu idle adjust so they are not like the old ones
Old 06-03-2009, 05:21 PM

kirny is a decent person

Originally Posted by EGO
The 08 up bikes have the ecu idle adjust so they are not like the old ones
thats what im saying can you cut the wires that power that and then just use the screw or is there no screw at all
Old 06-03-2009, 05:37 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Just turn the adjuster
Old 06-03-2009, 07:00 PM
EGO
REDBULL MAKES ME AWESOME

Originally Posted by kirny
thats what im saying can you cut the wires that power that and then just use the screw or is there no screw at all
There is no screw at all it's a set screw(it's about a 1/4 of an inch long and uses a 2mm alen to adjust) that has a lock nut on it. These new ones are nothing like that old ones not even close. The hole wiring harness is dif. and has like 20 something extra sensors. If you would cut the wires the bike would go ape ***** and go into a limp mode and you can't ride the bike like that. No matter what you have to keep these sensors intact or the ecu will give you a FI code. I have the SDS tool so I know everything you could try cause I even tried to delete the sensors but it was a no go. I know what everyones ideas are about this since you guys are thinking like the old 07 and under bikes but trust me these are nothing like those. It's more so that they don't want you F'ing around with it.

Last edited by EGO; 06-03-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:35 PM

joshbuell is a decent person

Originally Posted by EGO
It's more so that they don't want you F'ing around with it.
Your totaly right. Suzuki does not want people messing around and changing things that they spent lots R&D on . Suzuki knows best. I would just leave it alone. But thats just my opinon.

Quick Reply: 08-09 gsxr idle that can not be adjusted