Seriously pissing me off.......

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 12:54 PM

SmokechecK is a decent person
Seriously pissing me off.......

So, I bled my handbrake all the way, got it right in the spot where I like it and it works with the clutch...... and it is super weak. Then.... I found my rear brake pads dissolved. After putting new pads in... last night after I got done riding, I parked it... and checked my handbrake. It resulted in a wierd creeking noise coming from the back rotor.... like the rotor was moving.... and it was insanely hot and I was not even touching the rear brake. Any ideas?

Also.... my fluid level is at the first line of the res.... and it is tapped right into the rear master.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:56 PM
use code "handy" 4 magura

stuntsteel is a decent person
Re: Seriously pissing me off.......

its rubbing the rotor... caliper could be stuck.

4 ALL CYCLE PERFORMANCE "Be a Star"
P- (484) 494-3136
Old 02-01-2009, 01:17 PM

maybe some WD40? ........ what about the rails where the pads are... are they supposed to be greased?
Old 02-01-2009, 01:28 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

don't get any wd 40 or grease any where near your pads , the only thing you should clean and grease are the slides on your caliper so the caliper can slide in and out easily , if it doesn't slide the brakes don't work good and the pads will drag on the rotor
Old 02-01-2009, 01:49 PM
clutch it up!!!

NBstunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
don't get any wd 40 or grease any where near your pads , the only thing you should clean and grease are the slides on your caliper so the caliper can slide in and out easily , if it doesn't slide the brakes don't work good and the pads will drag on the rotor
+8789
Old 02-01-2009, 01:53 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SmokechecK
maybe some WD40? ........ what about the rails where the pads are... are they supposed to be greased?

pay someone to fix it

But really, like omr said, probably a stuck caliper, or even possibly a stuck master cylinder

gonna have to pull them apart to clean them and 'rebuild' them
Old 02-01-2009, 03:10 PM

Gixxxer Guy Ed is a decent person

+ like 96754659858843
Old 02-01-2009, 05:53 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

the slides are what connect the caliper to the caliper mount you have a floating caliper that needs to move freely in order for your brakes to work correctly
Old 02-01-2009, 09:28 PM

Thanks fellas.... they are working awesome now.

Buz
Old 02-02-2009, 01:12 AM
also known as OMR

Buz
was it the slides ???
Old 02-02-2009, 09:37 AM

The slides were a lil corroded. and leverage on the hand brake lever was off. It is working much better now.

Buz
Old 02-02-2009, 10:36 AM

zride is an unknown quantity at this point

wd-40....lol;o hahha that wont work but very funny.

Your caliper is locked on the rotor. Relieve the pressure out ofyour system. Clean out your rear master cylinder. There are two holes. Large hole is your supply port...smaller hole is your relief port. If the relief port gets clogged it will not allow your system to relieve pressure when the lever is not depressed. If this gets clogged your caliper will lock. Clean it all out. Poke it out with super small needle or something alike. New brake fluid, rebleed and you should be good to go. By the way....since this has happened if your brakes have been riding hard on the caliper they most likely are glazed over and probably should be replaced. Also check your rotor to see if there is any blueing...this is also a sign that your rotor got overheated and could have seen damage from your brakes being locked on it for a long period at high speeds. . It takes a lot of dragging the brakes at high speed to ruin a rotor so hopefully not.

Last edited by zride; 02-02-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:41 AM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

*trix* is infamous around these parts*trix* is infamous around these parts

was it the slides ???
i thought it was gonna be the same problem as mine with shaving the pin on the brake lever
Old 02-02-2009, 03:52 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by *trix*
i thought it was gonna be the same problem as mine with shaving the pin on the brake lever
that would have been my next suggestion
Old 02-02-2009, 03:59 PM

DEstreetkilla is a decent person

even better...check if rotors bent
Old 02-02-2009, 04:02 PM
also known as OMR

Buz
its fixed already