Shut Up And Ride

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 10:45 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
Re: Shut Up And Ride

These pics are a few months old , just the day we put the SRT8 bumpers on it. These are PRE functional shaker hood, PRE 6.1L motor, Pre lights & all that crap. Car will be done for the spring.

Pics are big, click em' for a full sized. Had my camera on "retarded" that day.

Last edited by Jay Carnes; 01-22-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by T-Ice
so who is chauncy?

he was the second gunman on the grassy knoll.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:51 PM

I remember being at a stunt show in 2001 that DTE did @ naults honda up in New Hampshire - the guys were F'n around on a XR-80. Chauncey was 99.9999% dialed in on circles, I'll always remember everyone wondering if it could be done on real bikes. Then the parking lot got crowded so the DTE boys put the stunt show out to the street so they didn't disappoint! Near stock gearing high chairs never looked so gangsta going down the main strip!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:57 PM

shtbx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jay Carnes
I remember being at a stunt show in 2001 that DTE did @ naults honda up in New Hampshire - the guys were F'n around on a XR-80. Chauncey was 99.9999% dialed in on circles, I'll always remember everyone wondering if it could be done on real bikes. Then the parking lot got crowded so the DTE boys put the stunt show out to the street so they didn't disappoint! Near stock gearing high chairs never looked so gangsta going down the main strip!

og **** son....thems were the days...so u get urself excited enuff to come out n' ****** ride again or what....**** ***** i've been ridin with u since way back, time to stop bein an old man and hit the spot, i'll buy ya the beer
Old 01-22-2009, 11:09 PM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

those wheels are ******* absurd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so nasty
Old 01-22-2009, 11:15 PM
M.A.S.S. MAYHEM 4 OUT NOW

Kevin ETP is a jewel in the roughKevin ETP is a jewel in the roughKevin ETP is a jewel in the rough

this thread has been totally jacked haha and i cant wait to see the magnum done
Old 01-22-2009, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by wheelburns
those wheels are ******* absurd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so nasty
Wheels took me 14 months to have made, the tires were the first set sold on the east coast when I bought em. Car sat idle for a bit while my wallet re-coup'd but the car will be driven in the spring. At least the 6.1L motor is in and ready for action - I didn't want to finish the car with the 5.7 & risk scratching the paint swaping power out after all that. Perfection takes time!!!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 11:28 PM

Turtle will become famous soon enoughTurtle will become famous soon enough

I still remember Jcarnes on the 400 ex killin it as well as the bud light edition 50....never in person always in pics....I was so pissed when i found out I couldn't get the bud light graphics on my 04 crf when i first bought it....ALSO, the picture of carnes on the brand new 636 scraping the fender is sick gangster nasty as well
Old 01-22-2009, 11:34 PM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

Wheels took me 14 months to have made, the tires were the first set sold on the east coast when I bought em. Car sat idle for a bit while my wallet re-coup'd but the car will be driven in the spring. At least the 6.1L motor is in and ready for action - I didn't want to finish the car with the 5.7 & risk scratching the paint swaping power out after all that. Perfection takes time!!!!!!!!
will u have it in worcester for the nationals?
Old 01-23-2009, 12:03 AM
M.A.S.S. MAYHEM 4 OUT NOW

Kevin ETP is a jewel in the roughKevin ETP is a jewel in the roughKevin ETP is a jewel in the rough

this one
Name:  jaycarnes.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  74.3 KB
Old 01-23-2009, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Turtle
I still remember Jcarnes on the 400 ex killin it as well as the bud light edition 50....never in person always in pics....I was so pissed when i found out I couldn't get the bud light graphics on my 04 crf when i first bought it....ALSO, the picture of carnes on the brand new 636 scraping the fender is sick gangster nasty as well
I'm honored! That picture of me on the brand new 636 is actually hanging up in my house. My girl had a free hand "sketch" done in pencil" and it come out AMAZING. Its in the front hallway of my house. That bike was seriously "brand new!!!!!". Braaaaaaap, Coast, flooat, SCRAPE! The 400 & the Fiddy - man you are GOOD remembering that sh*t. My 400ex I LOVED!!! I remember doing no handers. This was back 8+ years ago, I had never seen anyone do them at a decent speed so I figured it out for myself. I would clutch the 400ex up in 2nd, get it up to balance point at a good RPM and when it started to float I'd first let go with my clutch (left) hand and then the throttle (right) hand. Those 400ex's balanced so well, you wouldn't believe how far I could get them. Essentially I was coming in hot in 2nd gear, getting the quad to the balance point & letting go! I could get 2 house lenths with the quad still in gear and still running with no hands on the controls!!!! I thought that it was supposed to be done that way!!! I also perfected the move while doing so i'd pull a beer outta' my hoodie and chug it.

The bud light 50! Oh man, your really making my brain think!!!!!!!!! I remember the day I called TEACH at NAULTS in NH and he told me they had that bike, I was at work for the day and he told me it would never last the day. I had a car at the time, had my girl come to my work, pick up a jeep cherokee (biggest SUV I had at the moment) to go pick up the fiddy right then & there. 1.5 hours each way she brought it back home!!! While loading the bike into the Jeep they asked her how old her kid was for the FIDDY and she told them 22 (at the time). they didn't know what to think! To this day I have only seen ONE bud light fiddy since, and mine was the baddest!!
Old 01-23-2009, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by wheelburns
will u have it in worcester for the nationals?
should be for sure!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin ETP
this one

thats the one!

Funny how my shirt looks like im a fat fu*k

nasty Pic ET!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2009, 12:59 AM
unemployment anonymous

should be for sure!!!!!!!!!!
**** might be a reason to actually go downtown this year lol

last few years got real lame same xfr bs same white trash people doing burnouts . . . it use to be way more fun walking around trashed
Old 01-24-2009, 01:35 AM
Certified

Bray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant future

shiiit i remember the 1000cece days