ABS Breaks on new bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 03:09 AM

alecation is an unknown quantity at this point
ABS Breaks on new bikes?

I was thinking on getting a 09 600 rr, Then I saw its coming with anti lock breaks? anyone knows how the ABS breaks affect stunnig?
Old 01-05-2009, 03:10 AM

Chibo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ABS Breaks on new bikes?

You can buy it without ABS.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:04 AM
control switcher

Dr_Rip_It will become famous soon enough

i would def go without abs. has anyone ever tryed to ride with abs?? if so was there any difference in ride?
Old 01-05-2009, 04:48 AM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person

Originally Posted by drbigknuckles
i would def go without abs. has anyone ever tryed to ride with abs?? if so was there any difference in ride?
ive ridden a bike with linked brakes, that felt fucked, didnt dive it just "squatted" when you braked hard
Old 01-05-2009, 05:51 AM
Paris_Takeover AD

paristakeover is a decent person

dont buy the one with abs, because the system is designed to make motorcycles more safer for riders, you would have to take that system off the bike and switch it to a non abs, i know you dont want you rear wheel to lockin up while your doing a 12. because you tap the brakes to hard. you dont want any thing that a computer tells the bike when to brake
Old 01-05-2009, 10:04 AM
The Resident Noob

Yamy05R6 is a decent person

The ABS is an option...Not only can you save $$ by NOT getting it, if Im not mistaken the ABS sytsem adds 5lbs or so of BullShit weight.
If it aint broke, dont fix it
Old 01-05-2009, 10:16 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by paristakeover
dont buy the one with abs, because the system is designed to make motorcycles more safer for riders, you would have to take that system off the bike and switch it to a non abs, i know you dont want you rear wheel to lockin up while your doing a 12. because you tap the brakes to hard. you dont want any thing that a computer tells the bike when to brake
if you or anyone that you know can lock up their rear tire while "doing a 12" i will personally lick their ***** - no homo of course

and yes i asked the same question before about the abs and found out the 600rr has 2 color schemes that come with abs and u have to pay extra. so no worries
Old 01-05-2009, 12:36 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

not everyone would want abs, and honda and the others know it. even if it came to everybike having it, power commander and other electronic companies will come out with something that could ''stop it'' or over ride it for lack of a better term
Old 01-05-2009, 12:56 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by big ben
''stop it'' or over ride it for lack of a better term
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/disable

For lack of a better term
Old 01-05-2009, 12:59 PM
CA STUNTER

Originally Posted by inolen
give me a break, schools out for the holidays, im not thinking straight
Old 01-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Paris_Takeover AD

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
if you or anyone that you know can lock up their rear tire while "doing a 12" i will personally lick their ***** - no homo of course

and yes i asked the same question before about the abs and found out the 600rr has 2 color schemes that come with abs and u have to pay extra. so no worries

Anti Lock Breakin System, Im My boy has a 09 cbr rr, the Abs Is Good for Normal Riding, But for Stunting NO""""". The First day he got it, He took it for a spin and i guess he think "" ok i got it now'' he come back to shop and did a wheelie than tried to do a slide off the rear wheel, the rear locked up and when he try to let it go the bike is still slideing , causing him to lay the bike down. so thats how i know
Old 01-05-2009, 06:41 PM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

i wrecked so many time because of my front wheel locking up..
Old 01-05-2009, 06:47 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Anti Lock Breakin System, Im My boy has a 09 cbr rr, the Abs Is Good for Normal Riding, But for Stunting NO""""". The First day he got it, He took it for a spin and i guess he think "" ok i got it now'' he come back to shop and did a wheelie than tried to do a slide off the rear wheel, the rear locked up and when he try to let it go the bike is still slideing , causing him to lay the bike down. so thats how i know
bro you are a class A, section 9 ******* moron. i can barely make out what youre typing and what i can make out doesnt make a bit of sense. not once in your rambling bullshit did u even sorta make sense. your telling me "your boy" locked up the rear tire of his rr that has anti lock brakes? thats not even possible. "your boy" crashed his bike cuz im assuming hes as dumb as you.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:06 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

ABS= ANTI LOCKING BRAKING SYSTEM duh. the point is so they don't lock up
Old 01-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Paris_Takeover AD

bro you are a class A, section 9 ******* moron. i can barely make out what youre typing and what i can make out doesnt make a bit of sense. not once in your rambling bullshit did u even sorta make sense. your telling me "your boy" locked up the rear tire of his rr that has anti lock brakes? thats not even possible. "your boy" crashed his bike cuz im assuming hes as dumb as you.

Mr English teacher, since you know so much and your so smart you would of figure out the point in the message. Im the dumb kid here but as i see in most of these forums your always the one thats talking out your face, you dont know me and i dont know you so let keep it like that,

one thing i know well is fact bitch,

Anti-lock brakes are a safety feature available on many new motorcycles . They are designed to help you keep control of your motorcycle even when you brake hard. your wheels can lock up when you slam on the brake pedal. This locking prevents you from controlling the movement of your wheels and affects steering during a swerve or skid. Anti-lock brakes, however, automatically release and reapply your brakes, so you can maintain control of your motorcycle . The anti-lock brake system, also called ABS (A-B-S), is much like the pumping technique used with conventional brakes, but ABS relies on a computer to do it much faster and more accurately than any driver can. This leaves you free to focus on steering clear of the obstacle. If you haven't ride with anti-lock brakes, you may need time to get used to them. Instead of pumping, brake firmly and keep your foot steady on the front lever or rear brake pedal. ABS does the rest while you steer out of danger. You can expect a certain amount of noise and vibration when ABS is in use. This means the brakes are working properly. ABS systems work in conjunction with a motorcycle's regular brakes, so if ABS fails for any reason, the normal braking system will take over. For more information about anti-lock brakes, consult your owner's manual or a motorcycle dealer. ©2008 .All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

I guess you owe the guys and made the abs system a Blow Job,
and my boy can ride, i hope your riding skills is better than your **** talking skills
Old 01-05-2009, 09:41 PM

Mr English teacher, since you know so much and your so smart you would of figure out the point in the message. Im the dumb kid here but as i see in most of these forums your always the one thats talking out your face, you dont know me and i dont know you so let keep it like that,

Anti-lock brakes are a safety feature available on many new motorcycles . They are designed to help you keep control of your motorcycle even when you brake hard. your wheels can lock up when you slam on the brake pedal. This locking prevents you from controlling the movement of your wheels and affects steering during a swerve or skid. Anti-lock brakes, however, automatically release and reapply your brakes, so you can maintain control of your motorcycle . The anti-lock brake system, also called ABS (A-B-S), is much like the pumping technique used with conventional brakes, but ABS relies on a computer to do it much faster and more accurately than any driver can. This leaves you free to focus on steering clear of the obstacle. If you haven't ride with anti-lock brakes, you may need time to get used to them. Instead of pumping, brake firmly and keep your foot steady on the front lever or rear brake pedal. ABS does the rest while you steer out of danger. You can expect a certain amount of noise and vibration when ABS is in use. This means the brakes are working properly. ABS systems work in conjunction with a motorcycle's regular brakes, so if ABS fails for any reason, the normal braking system will take over. For more information about anti-lock brakes, consult your owner's manual or a motorcycle dealer. ©2008 .All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

and my boy can ride, i hope your riding skills is better than your **** talking skills
congradulations u didnt make any ****** sense once again. and for the record im very positive that i will **** on you and your friends riding skills combined.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

it can be done with the 4 piston trust me i know.

Last edited by Ethiopian; 01-05-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:26 PM
control switcher

Dr_Rip_It will become famous soon enough

did you find all that info in your dealer hand book?
Old 01-05-2009, 10:43 PM

jdmsled is a decent person

**** for brains, your argument is proven false in the first letter of the acronym A ...A (for anti) means the B (brakes) will NOT L (lock) up. The only thing getting locked up is you, for redistributing this jibber jabber copywrite and all.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:46 PM
CA STUNTER

All
Bitchy
Stunters

Quick Reply: ABS Breaks on new bikes?