Callouses and gloves?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of
Callouses and gloves?

I got a pair of Icon Hooligan gloves,leather, and now have callouses that are very painfull. Even making a fist the next they f-ing hurt, I've been cutting them flat with an exato knife, but i don't recall them ever be as bad with a cheap pair of home depot mechanics glove.
Anyone else have this problem, or notice if some gloves tear you hands up worse than others?
Old 12-10-2008, 05:28 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Callouses and gloves?

i like to ride with motoX gloves , not alot of protection for the street but great for lot riding
Old 12-10-2008, 05:31 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

my icon moto gloves are fine they are starting to tear but my hands r fine
Old 12-10-2008, 05:32 PM

skoh will become famous soon enough

where are the Callouses coming from, you lift a lot or just ride 24/7?
Old 12-10-2008, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by skoh
where are the Callouses coming from, you lift a lot or just ride 24/7?
i ride alot of street on the 06 havn't had the stunt bike that long. maybe u just need to wait (keep riding and tough thru it) and ur hands will get tougher
Old 12-10-2008, 06:26 PM

sjanmaruk is a decent person

Ive got the Icon Hooligan gloves also..... (with the big skull)

Worked for me... teared these up and just ordered some King Kong Gorilla gloves......(BMX Dirt gloves)

Old 12-10-2008, 06:34 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

I get that way only after long times off. Then it takes a week or two and they don't bother me anymore. I don't know if I got them worse with my super duty gloves or not, but now I'm rockin some shift MX style gloves and freakin love em.
I'd say quit beatin off with all that lotion softening up your hands all the time! LOL

haha
Old 12-10-2008, 07:04 PM
a k a jeremiah damn it

Jnutz1 is a decent person

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
I get that way only after long times off. Then it takes a week or two and they don't bother me anymore. I don't know if I got them worse with my super duty gloves or not, but now I'm rockin some shift MX style gloves and freakin love em.
I'd say quit beatin off with all that lotion softening up your hands all the time! LOL

haha

yea if you go no lube your hands will buil immunity to the pain ... i use the farmer leather gloves and they work great
Old 12-10-2008, 07:12 PM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
+1 undersize mx are the way to go. msr makes a good glove
Old 12-10-2008, 07:14 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

quit cutting your callouses off

They probably hurt because its soft skin underneith, and your callouses are built up and are strong so they can take the abuse

then you got them off, to the soft skin, and they hurt
Old 12-10-2008, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
quit cutting your callouses off

They probably hurt because its soft skin underneith, and your callouses are built up and are strong so they can take the abuse

then you got them off, to the soft skin, and they hurt
+1
Old 12-11-2008, 12:13 AM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

The callouses are on both hands, top of the palm below the fingers but the left is the painful they pinch/smoosh between the clip on and fingers.
don't lift ride a lot and have been for quit some time.
They get hard thick and hurt, cutting them off helps gets them out of the way. This is trimmed smooth.
Name:  righthand.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  62.0 KB
Name:  lefthand.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  56.8 KB
Old 12-11-2008, 12:17 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

try washing your hands, maybe that'll stop them from hurting
Old 12-11-2008, 12:48 AM

MR2turbo4evr is a decent person

Originally Posted by cjoec01
The callouses are on both hands, top of the palm below the fingers but the left is the painful they pinch/smoosh between the clip on and fingers.
don't lift ride a lot and have been for quit some time.
They get hard thick and hurt, cutting them off helps gets them out of the way. This is trimmed smooth.
I wear mechanics gloves and my hands look the same during the summertime when I ride my dirt bike lots. Just keep doing what you're doing and they will eventually stop hurting.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:04 AM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

Originally Posted by Towlieee
try washing your hands, maybe that'll stop them from hurting
They usually are clean but I had just put on a new front tire, and the dirt makes them easier to see with the camera.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:02 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

wow thems some filthy ****** hands lol.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:10 AM

Skinny_J is a decent person

I hate wearin gloves for some reason, i run really soft grips and still have some callouses. the only time I wear em is if im goin up a canyon, on the freeway or if its cold out. anyone else stunt gloveless?
Old 12-11-2008, 11:46 AM
takingitbacktotheoldskool

RROCCO will become famous soon enoughRROCCO will become famous soon enough

these are all i wear and never have callouses even after puttin 10k miles on my streetbike this season. you just gotta break em in good. i got em soaking wet in the rain and rode a couple hours. they truelly fit like a glove. i like the the red ones better then the black (i got both). they are a lil different then the other 3 but all are perty much the same. they feel like mx gloves but are made for the street. i dont know how well theyd hold up if you went down at 70mph but ill bet theyre better then mechanix or straight mx.

Last edited by RROCCO; 12-11-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by RROCCO
these are all i wear and never have callouses even after puttin 10k miles on my streetbike this season. you just gotta break em in good. i got em soaking wet in the rain and rode a couple hours. they truelly fit like a glove. i like the the red ones better then the black (i got both). they are a lil different then the other 3 but all are perty much the same. they feel like mx gloves but are made for the street. i dont know how well theyd hold up if you went down at 70mph but ill bet theyre better then mechanix or straight mx.

I had them same gloves, went through 2 pairs fast, broke down just as fast as MX gloves for me

Now I buy $10 gloves from walmart, they held up just as good as the joe rocket gloves sadley!

Worst part, my joe rockets tore at the seems.. The friggin threading came out within a week

Btw I got callouses in my joe rockets. .. It just depends on how you ride.. If you just ride around town, of course you won't get callouses.. If you stunt hard, then get on a dirt bike and ride off road, you'll get callouses in any gloves
Old 12-11-2008, 01:31 PM

Sogan is an unknown quantity at this point

quit cutting them off and leave em. whenever you cut them off your basically going back to stage one. they are there to protect your hands its retarded and your hands will look and feel rough as hell but I dont get pains or anything anymore after you let them build up for a bit

Quick Reply: Callouses and gloves?