Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   Callouses and gloves? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/239670-callouses-gloves.html)

cjoec01 12-10-2008 05:08 PM

Callouses and gloves?

I got a pair of Icon Hooligan gloves,leather, and now have callouses that are very painfull. Even making a fist the next they f-ing hurt, I've been cutting them flat with an exato knife, but i don't recall them ever be as bad with a cheap pair of home depot mechanics glove.
Anyone else have this problem, or notice if some gloves tear you hands up worse than others?

old man roger 12-10-2008 05:28 PM

Re: Callouses and gloves?

i like to ride with motoX gloves , not alot of protection for the street but great for lot riding

DIRTYJEFF636s 12-10-2008 05:31 PM

my icon moto gloves are fine they are starting to tear but my hands r fine

skoh 12-10-2008 05:32 PM

where are the Callouses coming from, you lift a lot or just ride 24/7?

DIRTYJEFF636s 12-10-2008 05:34 PM

[quote=skoh;3672797]where are the Callouses coming from, you lift a lot or just ride 24/7?[/quote]

i ride alot of street on the 06 havn't had the stunt bike that long. maybe u just need to wait (keep riding and tough thru it) and ur hands will get tougher :shruggs

sjanmaruk 12-10-2008 06:26 PM

Ive got the Icon Hooligan gloves also..... (with the big skull)

Worked for me... teared these up and just ordered some King Kong Gorilla gloves......(BMX Dirt gloves)

[IMG]http://www.customriders.com/prod_imgs/GLKI8741.jpg[/IMG]

jstuntlocke 12-10-2008 06:34 PM

I get that way only after long times off. Then it takes a week or two and they don't bother me anymore. I don't know if I got them worse with my super duty gloves or not, but now I'm rockin some shift MX style gloves and freakin love em.
I'd say quit beatin off with all that lotion softening up your hands all the time! LOL

haha:hello

Jnutz1 12-10-2008 07:04 PM

[quote=jstuntlocke;3672972]I get that way only after long times off. Then it takes a week or two and they don't bother me anymore. I don't know if I got them worse with my super duty gloves or not, but now I'm rockin some shift MX style gloves and freakin love em.
I'd say quit beatin off with all that lotion softening up your hands all the time! LOL

haha:hello[/quote]

yea if you go no lube your hands will buil immunity to the pain ... i use the farmer leather gloves and they work great

lee majors 12-10-2008 07:12 PM

[quote=jstuntlocke;3672972]I get that way only after long times off. Then it takes a week or two and they don't bother me anymore. I don't know if I got them worse with my super duty gloves or not, but now [COLOR=red]I'm rockin some shift MX style gloves and freakin love em.[/COLOR]
[/quote]

+1 undersize mx are the way to go.:2cents msr makes a good glove

Towlieee 12-10-2008 07:14 PM

quit cutting your callouses off :LOL

They probably hurt because its soft skin underneith, and your callouses are built up and are strong so they can take the abuse

then you got them off, to the soft skin, and they hurt :LOL

DIRTYJEFF636s 12-10-2008 09:12 PM

[quote=Towlieee;3673054]quit cutting your callouses off :LOL

They probably hurt because its soft skin underneith, and your callouses are built up and are strong so they can take the abuse

then you got them off, to the soft skin, and they hurt :LOL[/quote]

+1

cjoec01 12-11-2008 12:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The callouses are on both hands, top of the palm below the fingers but the left is the painful they pinch/smoosh between the clip on and fingers.
don't lift ride a lot and have been for quit some time.
They get hard thick and hurt, cutting them off helps gets them out of the way. This is trimmed smooth.
[ATTACH]281266[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]281267[/ATTACH]

Towlieee 12-11-2008 12:17 AM

try washing your hands, maybe that'll stop them from hurting :shruggs

MR2turbo4evr 12-11-2008 12:48 AM

[quote=cjoec01;3673554]The callouses are on both hands, top of the palm below the fingers but the left is the painful they pinch/smoosh between the clip on and fingers.
don't lift ride a lot and have been for quit some time.
They get hard thick and hurt, cutting them off helps gets them out of the way. This is trimmed smooth.

[/quote]

I wear mechanics gloves and my hands look the same during the summertime when I ride my dirt bike lots. Just keep doing what you're doing and they will eventually stop hurting.

cjoec01 12-11-2008 01:04 AM

[quote=Towlieee;3673558]try washing your hands, maybe that'll stop them from hurting :shruggs[/quote]
They usually are clean but I had just put on a new front tire, and the dirt makes them easier to see with the camera.

OnEWhEeLNEAL 12-11-2008 02:02 AM

wow thems some filthy fuckin hands lol.

Skinny_J 12-11-2008 02:10 AM

I hate wearin gloves for some reason, i run really soft grips and still have some callouses. the only time I wear em is if im goin up a canyon, on the freeway or if its cold out. anyone else stunt gloveless?

RROCCO 12-11-2008 11:46 AM

these are all i wear and never have callouses even after puttin 10k miles on my streetbike this season. you just gotta break em in good. i got em soaking wet in the rain and rode a couple hours. they truelly fit like a glove. i like the the red ones better then the black (i got both). they are a lil different then the other 3 but all are perty much the same. they feel like mx gloves but are made for the street. i dont know how well theyd hold up if you went down at 70mph but ill bet theyre better then mechanix or straight mx.

[IMG]http://mxdirtrider.com/i-products/apparel-gloves-street-JoeRocket-atomic2.jpg[/IMG]

Towlieee 12-11-2008 01:27 PM

[QUOTE=RROCCO;3673932]these are all i wear and never have callouses even after puttin 10k miles on my streetbike this season. you just gotta break em in good. i got em soaking wet in the rain and rode a couple hours. they truelly fit like a glove. i like the the red ones better then the black (i got both). they are a lil different then the other 3 but all are perty much the same. they feel like mx gloves but are made for the street. i dont know how well theyd hold up if you went down at 70mph but ill bet theyre better then mechanix or straight mx.

[IMG]http://mxdirtrider.com/i-products/apparel-gloves-street-JoeRocket-atomic2.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I had them same gloves, went through 2 pairs fast, broke down just as fast as MX gloves for me :shruggs

Now I buy $10 gloves from walmart, they held up just as good as the joe rocket gloves sadley!

Worst part, my joe rockets tore at the seems.. The friggin threading came out within a week :banghead

Btw I got callouses in my joe rockets. .. It just depends on how you ride.. If you just ride around town, of course you won't get callouses.. If you stunt hard, then get on a dirt bike and ride off road, you'll get callouses in any gloves

Sogan 12-11-2008 01:31 PM

quit cutting them off and leave em. whenever you cut them off your basically going back to stage one. they are there to protect your hands its retarded and your hands will look and feel rough as hell but I dont get pains or anything anymore after you let them build up for a bit