07 cbr600rr stunt setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 01:08 PM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 07 cbr600rr stunt setup

Thanx that should be all i need to know, it's cut the box off and twist the green and white wires together right?Anyone know how much oil to run in it for street wheelies and rockin bp for miles?
Old 12-10-2008, 03:29 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

its actually an ok stuntbike for lots. once you get the idle set up it pulls real strong. but for streets its damn near impossible to hold steady without either a tombstone og throttle hand or heavy heavy rear brake use. it has the choppiest throttle of any bike ive ever ridden. makes a geared 900rr seem dead smooth.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:51 PM

ahh thats aight i'll get used to it i'm not worried about it. The 05 R6 i had was crazy to control in a low gear on the streets with that same choppiness of the throttle, once i get the HB on it i dont think i'll have much of a problem, everyone else seems to think they are ok once you get used to them, you must just have shitty throttle control lol
Old 12-10-2008, 04:44 PM

brandon kloss is a decent person

Originally Posted by Stubbz
I'm not using it for a stuntbike in lots just for street riding and street stunting so it wont be crashed at all unless its in a burnout or suntin stupid. It's my all around bike for cornering and everyday riding as well, i'll leave it to the 636 for lot stunting and crashin lol.

Where is the tipover sensor located on that bike? is it the same as doing it on the f4i? cuz i know how to do it on those and my 636 never needed it, if it will cutout after 30 second wheelies i'll def need to do it.
The tip over sensor is in the two harnesses in front of your bike I will have to look and see witch wires you have to cross over, or if you dig a little bit I know there is quite a few threads on t.o.s. for the RR's, I went to the hoda dealership and they printed me out a full wire diagram and showed me what to do. And I don't recomend the FI cage for thr RR if you are really leaning it in to corners I have hit and spun out drifting quite a few times from the bottom of the cage hitting the ground.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:38 PM

ahh thats aight i'll get used to it i'm not worried about it. The 05 R6 i had was crazy to control in a low gear on the streets with that same choppiness of the throttle, once i get the HB on it i dont think i'll have much of a problem, everyone else seems to think they are ok once you get used to them, you must just have shitty throttle control lol
i do have shitty throttle control
but i can assure you that bike SUCKS for wheelies at speed. you'll see...
the bikes impossible to loop and can be scraped with no brake and stock gearing. you only need to brake to smooth out the shitty throttle control that you will soon find you have too!
Old 12-10-2008, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by brandon kloss
The tip over sensor is in the two harnesses in front of your bike I will have to look and see witch wires you have to cross over, or if you dig a little bit I know there is quite a few threads on t.o.s. for the RR's, I went to the hoda dealership and they printed me out a full wire diagram and showed me what to do. And I don't recomend the FI cage for thr RR if you are really leaning it in to corners I have hit and spun out drifting quite a few times from the bottom of the cage hitting the ground.

sounds good man thanx, i did lookup the F4i thread on the tip sensor and its probly about the same so i'll do that this weekend when its a little warmer out. Appreciate the help.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:46 PM

oh and 'everyone else' hates this bike too. i let all the 'pros' down here ride it and NONE of them would ride it more than 5 minutes. the thing has the most savage engine break ever.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:47 PM

yous houldnt have a problem with the tip over sensor, i never touched mine and did idle wheelies, 12s, and coasters regularly.
bike is definitely good for coasters and stoppies on the streets, but youre gonna want to replace the stock damper, that thing sucks
Old 12-10-2008, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by aw0n0
i do have shitty throttle control
but i can assure you that bike SUCKS for wheelies at speed. you'll see...
the bikes impossible to loop and can be scraped with no brake and stock gearing. you only need to brake to smooth out the shitty throttle control that you will soon find you have too!

Hahaha well it will be a couple months before i get to find out but the good thing with that is that i will have it completely setup how i want it by time i even get to ride it, maybe if i get a nice 50 degree day i'll take it for a spin to see how i like it.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:41 PM

gsxr"d is a decent person

I killed an 07 with a slow wheelie crash. LAid it down at less than 5mph landing on one side then popped on to the other. **** all really but the cage went straight through the frame. Even the frame over the motor mounts went through as well. By all means street it but for stuntin and crashin get something else. All the newer bikes just won't be the way they use to. My
Old 01-16-2009, 06:43 PM

deejayarecue is a decent person

Originally Posted by gsxr"d
I killed an 07 with a slow wheelie crash. LAid it down at less than 5mph landing on one side then popped on to the other. **** all really but the cage went straight through the frame. Even the frame over the motor mounts went through as well. By all means street it but for stuntin and crashin get something else. All the newer bikes just won't be the way they use to. My
what cage did all this damage?