Relocating Idle Adjustment Screw

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 08:32 PM

gsxr 4 life is a decent person
Relocating Idle Adjustment Screw

Do they make an aftermarket idle finger screw that relocates the idle screw to be able to reach it for fast adjustment.

To reach it on my 08' gsxr 750, i will have to lift to tank or Fugger with a skinny long screwdriver.

Do they make a finger adjustment that will stick out right by the frame for easy adjustment..(i.e. like on a dirt bike)

anyone with info on this topic, i tried to search in the threads but didn't find anything.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:34 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Relocating Idle Adjustment Screw

Originally Posted by gsxr 4 life
Do they make an aftermarket idle finger screw that relocates the idle screw to be able to reach it for fast adjustment.

To reach it on my 08' gsxr 750, i will have to lift to tank or Fugger with a skinny long screwdriver.

Do they make a finger adjustment that will stick out right by the frame for easy adjustment..(i.e. like on a dirt bike)

anyone with info on this topic, i tried to search in the threads but didn't find anything.
buy an idle cable from an 03 to 05 r6 and replace the screw with the cable, itll be long enough to route down by your front sprocket cover where most bikes have them. im sure some of the older model gsxr idle cables 01 to 03 prob fit but i know for sure that the r6 fits as i put it on my old 750.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
buy an idle cable from an 03 to 05 r6 and replace the screw with the cable, itll be long enough to route down by your front sprocket cover where most bikes have them. im sure some of the older model gsxr idle cables 01 to 03 prob fit but i know for sure that the r6 fits as i put it on my old 750.
Thanks "sdfkillz"

Thanks for the info, so ill look into it and order one.

So did the idle cable threads match the threads that are on the stock idle screw or did you have to modify it to make the r6 idle cable fit on a 750?
Old 10-13-2008, 08:48 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks "sdfkillz"

Thanks for the info, so ill look into it and order one.

So did the idle cable threads match the threads that are on the stock idle screw or did you have to modify it to make the r6 idle cable fit on a 750?
perfect match. i think kawi suzuki and yamaha all use the coarse thread and honda uses the fine thread for their idle screws.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:56 PM

perfect match. i think kawi suzuki and yamaha all use the coarse thread and honda uses the fine thread for their idle screws.
Sounds good to me, gonna find one for sale right now. thanks again.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:58 PM

Sounds good to me, gonna find one for sale right now. thanks again.
u can get em on ronayers.com or bikebandit.com for like 15 dollars i think
Old 10-13-2008, 09:35 PM

u can get em on ronayers.com or bikebandit.com for like 15 dollars i think
ya they want right around 30-35 dollars for a throttle screw set. know of any other website that sells oem parts?
Old 10-13-2008, 09:38 PM

ya they want right around 30-35 dollars for a throttle screw set. know of any other website that sells oem parts?
god damn...check your local dealer
Old 10-20-2008, 11:14 PM
Super Glue It!

LanceR. is a decent person

will someone please find me a idle adjustment cable for my 06 jiggy 600. I have been searching high and low for one off a 05 r6 and i can't find jack **** and its aggrevating the hell outta me
Old 10-20-2008, 11:59 PM

errkgixxer7 is a decent person

dude i have a 07 gixxer and i got a idle cable screw off a katana has the same pinch! so yea works great!