gear in the parking lot????

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 11:17 PM
CLUTCH IT UP BRRAAPPP!

dstb40 is a decent person
gear in the parking lot????

ok im a newb to parkin lot stuntin i got the setup i can ride wheelies blah blah blah. pretty descent at gettin to the balance point right when i want to. but what freegin gear should i be in? there's really no one here that stunts and is any good. i need hella pointers. i got the motivation an want to learn but no one to learn from besides you tube. whats the best way to get it to the balance point an jus learn the feeling when your goin slow? highway is no prob jus a lot less technique. anything will helps guys anythign at all lol.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:22 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: gear in the parking lot????

if you want to go slow then first gear ...
Old 09-21-2008, 11:27 PM

nitroguy is a decent person

I'm pretty skill-less but I think most people are going to tell you this:
1st gear. Stay slow. You are going to crash so wear some gear.
There is no real best way, just practice practice practice. Don't power in the parking lot, use your clutch. Probably smarter to do staggered stance as well
Old 09-22-2008, 12:43 AM
Custom User Title

______ is a decent person

Handbrake?? If not try to cover your foot brake, 1st gear

I'm pretty skill-less but I think most people are going to tell you this:
1st gear. Stay slow. You are going to crash so wear some gear.
There is no real best way, just practice practice practice. Don't power in the parking lot, use your clutch. Probably smarter to do staggered stance as well
+1
Old 09-22-2008, 01:03 AM
CLUTCH IT UP BRRAAPPP!

yea i jus got my hand brake in before i was tryin to master the foot brake its jus a lil hard in some positions so thats where the hand brake came in. i got a 56 on the back so i didnt know if 2nd gear would be better. but first gear it is. any other tips will be accepted lol anything for any stunts ill remember as best i can. thanks for the help im sure ill be back on here after a few test crahses haha
Old 09-22-2008, 01:04 AM
CLUTCH IT UP BRRAAPPP!

also any tips on the idle? i heard you should turn it up or is that down the road when im a lil more advanced?
Old 09-22-2008, 01:09 AM

melloyello is an unknown quantity at this point

Go ahead and turn it up to 3-4000 rpm to begin with. This will make it less twitchy when starting out. Plus, you will have a better chance of getting off the throttle and learning to rely on the brake. I like 3,500 best myself but that's on my 636 geared -1 and +6 in 1st. Yours may be different b/c of your gearing.