has anyone had a sick cage do this

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 11:37 PM
i am over it

str8edge24 is a decent person
has anyone had a sick cage do this

i was out at the lot today and i 12 my bike out but i didn't hit the bar flat so the bike jerked sideways and i missed the footbrake (no handbrake still new) the bike came down on the right side hard . i have seen alot of bikes do this same thing but my cage broke . i bought the sick cage because i was told that it could take a beating but my bike as only been down 3 or 4 times (not because i am good just don't get to the lot much )so i just what to know what other people have had happen . i am not trying to bash sick by any means i like the cage i just don't under stand how it could break like this is is not at a weld but it is right on the bend .
[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1394.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	212537[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1393.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	212536  
Old 08-08-2008, 11:41 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold
Re: has anyone had a sick cage do this

when metal bends it becomes weaker.. especially after being heat cycled. It happens. A 350lbs bike slamming down that hard.. think about it. and btw.. your foot should have been on the footbrake if you were tryin to scrape.. so you looped is what you meant.. and don't u dare use a hb when you're near the footbrake.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:47 PM
i am over it

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
when metal bends it becomes weaker.. especially after being heat cycled. It happens. A 350lbs bike slamming down that hard.. think about it. and btw.. your foot should have been on the footbrake if you were tryin to scrape.. so you looped is what you meant.. and don't u dare use a hb when you're near the footbrake.
i had the foot brake covered but when the bike caught one side of the bar it jerked the bike there for i missed the foot brake . and i don't have a handbrake on my bike i am trying to learn with out it .
Old 08-09-2008, 12:01 AM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

All I can say is let them know, explain your story. Maybe they'll send you another one, if not free maybe cheaper.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:08 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

i have never seen that on a sick cage. but it looks like it has been down more than 3 or 4 times to me
Old 08-09-2008, 12:09 AM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

im on my 3rd MXD cage if it makes you feel any better.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:10 AM
i am over it

that was what i was going to do i just wanted to see if it was common or not i know on there web site they have a clip and it shows a bike come down hard just like mine did but it didn't break .
Old 08-09-2008, 12:11 AM
i am over it

Originally Posted by DURTY-636
i have never seen that on a sick cage. but it looks like it has been down more than 3 or 4 times to me
no thats it it was rusty before it hit the pavement today
Old 08-09-2008, 12:13 AM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ethiopian
im on my 3rd MXD cage if it makes you feel any better.
I've been through an MXD too. Why after 3, would you not try somthihng else Steve.
I've also been through an FI and Powers. It doesn't matter what you have, if your slamming hard they will not last.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:14 AM

zxcraig is a decent person

that sucks bro,, first time ive seen a s.i. cage break like that
Old 08-09-2008, 12:16 AM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by apfire26
I've been through an MXD too. Why after 3, would you not try somthihng else Steve.
I've also been through an FI and Powers. It doesn't matter what you have, if your slamming hard they will not last.

im not surprised at all that they broke after what i put them through, and the second one i had sucked it was maybe the first early design and cracked my stator cover. i like MXD plus i always end up finding them in used mint condition for like $100.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:18 AM

alicia417 is a decent person

i had a similar crash last tues and my cage broke too. mine broke right where it mounts to the frame. (it was not a SI cage tho, so it happens on other cages too)

Last edited by alicia417; 08-09-2008 at 12:20 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:04 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Get it welded. Its steel, anyone can do it.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:18 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

hey, better the cage then your motor ! it did it's job
Old 08-09-2008, 01:21 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
hey, better the cage then your motor ! it did it's job

+1 hit Ian up at si and he'll take care of ya im sure
Old 08-09-2008, 01:44 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

cage def did its job, theyre not meant to last forever. that thing has def taken a number of serious hits by the looks of it so you def got your money's worth out of it.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:54 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Mine broke just like yours but on both sides lol. But that wasnt after 3 or 4 drops. It was probably 50 big drops or somewhere around there. My boy welded it for me and Ive dropped since and been good.

Old 08-09-2008, 04:48 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

HECK is a decent person

learn to save your bike. a cage is there to protect in case you drop it, not as an anti newbie tossing device. by how much rash there is you've had to have tossed your bike a few times hard as ****. even with the sick cage i hate dropping my bike. i think it's seen the ground once in the year and a half i've had the cage.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:26 AM

HighStyles has a spectacular aura aboutHighStyles has a spectacular aura about

i always thought that was what a cage was supposed to do.. not break per say but save the bike.. and thats what it did.. if you gotta pay 30 bucks to have it welded again, look at it this way.. you could be buying a **** load of parts right now without it
Old 08-09-2008, 07:49 AM

SliverR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine broke to after looping a spreader
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	si resize.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	212538  

Quick Reply: has anyone had a sick cage do this