Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   has anyone had a sick cage do this (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/228622-has-anyone-had-sick.html)

str8edge24 08-08-2008 11:37 PM

has anyone had a sick cage do this

2 Attachment(s)
i was out at the lot today and i 12 my bike out but i didn't hit the bar flat so the bike jerked sideways and i missed the footbrake (no handbrake still new) the bike came down on the right side hard . i have seen alot of bikes do this same thing but my cage broke . i bought the sick cage because i was told that it could take a beating but my bike as only been down 3 or 4 times (not because i am good just don't get to the lot much )so i just what to know what other people have had happen . i am not trying to bash sick by any means i like the cage i just don't under stand how it could break like this is is not at a weld but it is right on the bend .
[ATTACH][ATTACH]212537[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

crtchrktrcr 08-08-2008 11:41 PM

Re: has anyone had a sick cage do this

when metal bends it becomes weaker.. especially after being heat cycled. It happens. A 350lbs bike slamming down that hard.. think about it. and btw.. your foot should have been on the footbrake if you were tryin to scrape.. so you looped is what you meant.. and don't u dare use a hb when you're near the footbrake.

str8edge24 08-08-2008 11:47 PM

[quote=crtchrktrcr;3441487]when metal bends it becomes weaker.. especially after being heat cycled. It happens. A 350lbs bike slamming down that hard.. think about it. and btw.. your foot should have been on the footbrake if you were tryin to scrape.. so you looped is what you meant.. and don't u dare use a hb when you're near the footbrake.[/quote]
i had the foot brake covered but when the bike caught one side of the bar it jerked the bike there for i missed the foot brake . and i don't have a handbrake on my bike i am trying to learn with out it .

apfire26 08-09-2008 12:01 AM

All I can say is let them know, explain your story. Maybe they'll send you another one, if not free maybe cheaper.

Suicidl 08-09-2008 12:08 AM

i have never seen that on a sick cage. but it looks like it has been down more than 3 or 4 times to me :shruggs

Ethiopian 08-09-2008 12:09 AM

im on my 3rd MXD cage if it makes you feel any better.

str8edge24 08-09-2008 12:10 AM

that was what i was going to do i just wanted to see if it was common or not i know on there web site they have a clip and it shows a bike come down hard just like mine did but it didn't break .:shruggs

str8edge24 08-09-2008 12:11 AM

[quote=DURTY-636;3441583]i have never seen that on a sick cage. but it looks like it has been down more than 3 or 4 times to me :shruggs[/quote]
no thats it it was rusty before it hit the pavement today

apfire26 08-09-2008 12:13 AM

[QUOTE=Ethiopian;3441586]im on my 3rd MXD cage if it makes you feel any better.[/QUOTE]

I've been through an MXD too. Why after 3, would you not try somthihng else Steve.
I've also been through an FI and Powers. It doesn't matter what you have, if your slamming hard they will not last.

zxcraig 08-09-2008 12:14 AM

that sucks bro,, first time ive seen a s.i. cage break like that

Ethiopian 08-09-2008 12:16 AM

[quote=apfire26;3441599]I've been through an MXD too. Why after 3, would you not try somthihng else Steve.
I've also been through an FI and Powers. It doesn't matter what you have, if your slamming hard they will not last.[/quote]

im not surprised at all that they broke after what i put them through, and the second one i had sucked it was maybe the first early design and cracked my stator cover. i like MXD plus i always end up finding them in used mint condition for like $100.

alicia417 08-09-2008 12:18 AM

i had a similar crash last tues and my cage broke too. mine broke right where it mounts to the frame. (it was not a SI cage tho, so it happens on other cages too)

MikeM 08-09-2008 01:04 AM

Get it welded. Its steel, anyone can do it.

StrictlyStunt 08-09-2008 01:18 AM

hey, better the cage then your motor ! it did it's job:2cents

50slut 08-09-2008 01:21 AM

[quote=StrictlyStunt;3441827]hey, better the cage then your motor ! it did it's job:2cents[/quote]

+1 hit Ian up at si and he'll take care of ya im sure :2cents

sdfkillz 08-09-2008 01:44 AM

cage def did its job, theyre not meant to last forever. that thing has def taken a number of serious hits by the looks of it so you def got your money's worth out of it.

OnEWhEeLNEAL 08-09-2008 01:54 AM

Mine broke just like yours but on both sides lol. But that wasnt after 3 or 4 drops. It was probably 50 big drops or somewhere around there. My boy welded it for me and Ive dropped since and been good.

[IMG]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z288/onewheelneal/img201.jpg[/IMG]

HECK 08-09-2008 04:48 AM

learn to save your bike. a cage is there to protect in case you drop it, not as an anti newbie tossing device. by how much rash there is you've had to have tossed your bike a few times hard as fuck. even with the sick cage i hate dropping my bike. i think it's seen the ground once in the year and a half i've had the cage.

HighStyles 08-09-2008 07:26 AM

i always thought that was what a cage was supposed to do.. not break per say but save the bike.. and thats what it did.. if you gotta pay 30 bucks to have it welded again, look at it this way.. you could be buying a shit load of parts right now without it

SliverR6 08-09-2008 07:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine broke to after looping a spreader