Rear Set Bolts...Keep Breaking !!! Advise Needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 02:28 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

HECK is a decent person
Re: Rear Set Bolts...Keep Breaking !!! Advise Needed

Originally Posted by Lethal Rider
6"4 and I weigh about 230lbs .... u think am Fat I might not have the 6 pack back when I was a young buck... I have a litt gut...nothing like I cant see my **** or something but man am not that fat ... didn't hear about the bolt recall...will have check on that
yeah and i'm the queen of ******* england. i'm 6'1 170 and i'm still not that skinny so you're definitely borderline obese.

Height: 6 feet, 4 inches
Weight: 230 pounds

Your BMI is 28, indicating your weight is in the overweight category for adults of your height.

30.0 and above - Obese
Old 08-04-2008, 02:29 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Question for those people recommending a grade 8 bolt. Are you just running a nut at the end with some loc tite or what? Or do you drill a hole through the bolt for a cotter pin like the stock setup
rear-sets dont have cotter pins
Old 08-04-2008, 02:31 PM
ITS A LETHAL WORLD !!!!

Lethal Rider can only hope to improve

Question for those people recommending a grade 8 bolt. Are you just running a nut at the end with some loc tite or what? Or do you drill a hole through the bolt for a cotter pin like the stock setup

Its the bolt the connect the "heel guard" and "peg" ... its screws in but doesnt come out the "peg" anywhere. Not sure if that what your talk about. The peg itself "with the spring to make if fold up and down" didnt break.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:33 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by stock05
rear-sets dont have cotter pins
i mean passenger pegs ya ******. And I didnt say rearset
Old 08-04-2008, 02:33 PM
ITS A LETHAL WORLD !!!!

Originally Posted by nsanedirty6
yeah and i'm the queen of ******* england. i'm 6'1 170 and i'm still not that skinny so you're definitely borderline obese.

Height: 6 feet, 4 inches
Weight: 230 pounds

Your BMI is 28, indicating your weight is in the overweight category for adults of your height.

30.0 and above - Obese
Thank you fitness queen. Am 37 .... dam I think I doing good my my age
Old 08-04-2008, 02:35 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Its the bolt the connect the "heel guard" and "peg" ... its screws in but doesnt come out the "peg" anywhere. Not sure if that what your talk about. The peg itself "with the spring to make if fold up and down" didnt break.
Yeah I was talkin about replacing the bolt for my passenger peg since its bent already. I was gonna put a grade 8 bolt through there but im curious to what people do to get it to stay - do they use a nut or cotter pin or what Or do they not do this on the passenger peg
Old 08-04-2008, 02:41 PM

i mean passenger pegs ya ******. And I didnt say rearset
you didnt have to, hence the title of the thread...

Old 08-04-2008, 02:42 PM

Yeah I was talkin about replacing the bolt for my passenger peg since its bent already. I was gonna put a grade 8 bolt through there but im curious to what people do to get it to stay - do they use a nut or cotter pin or what Or do they not do this on the passenger peg
the pin bent or the bolts that holds the bracket to the sub-frame?
Old 08-04-2008, 02:48 PM

HECK is a decent person

Thank you fitness queen. Am 37 .... dam I think I doing good my my age
it's not my fault you're a fatty mcfatpants triple whopper eating milk shake guzzling television addicted heart attack waiting to happen.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:53 PM
NealFoReal

the pin bent or the bolts that holds the bracket to the sub-frame?
The pin that holds the peg on is bent so it looks like its gonna break soon. Should i just buy another stocker pin or buy a grade 8 bolt and if its the grade 8 bolt should I drill a hole for a cotter pin or use a nut and some loctite? That just doesnt sound safe to me
Old 08-04-2008, 02:55 PM
NealFoReal

you didnt have to, hence the title of the thread...

I know what the title is but I was talkin about staggered before and for him to get off the rearset. Go drive your truk but first answer my question above
Old 08-04-2008, 02:58 PM

HECK is a decent person

I know what the title is but I was talkin about staggered before and for him to get off the rearset. Go drive your truk but first answer my question above

it's ok, we all know people from new york are extremely dense.

jagerbombs
Old 08-04-2008, 03:11 PM
NealFoReal

jagerbombs

Written by MikeM

You know what this is? This is My New Handbrake.
You know what that means? It means Im gonna kill some ****** streets tonight.
These are my boys, theyre all coming out tonight.
They all got the same handbrake, theyre all gonna kill the ****** streets tonight.
If bitches dont like my new handbrake? ****** skanks.

Im gonna wheelie on every ****** street that we go on.
Im gonna wheelie until my ****** motor blows.
If anybody looks at me wrong when I wheelie, Im startin a fight.
My tank's dented. Thats cuz Im the ****** man and everyone should know it.

"License, registration and insurance card please?"
Not now chief, Im in the ****** zone

Yeah I grunt when I kill circles at the spot.
Thats cuz everyone should see how leaned in and fast I am
Old 08-04-2008, 03:14 PM

The pin that holds the peg on is bent so it looks like its gonna break soon. Should i just buy another stocker pin or buy a grade 8 bolt and if its the grade 8 bolt should I drill a hole for a cotter pin or use a nut and some loctite? That just doesnt sound safe to me
get another stock pin, but i think this is the first time ive ever heard of one of those bending.

im about to

jagerbombs
lawl

Written by MikeM

You know what this is? This is My New Handbrake.
You know what that means? It means Im gonna kill some ****** streets tonight.
These are my boys, theyre all coming out tonight.
They all got the same handbrake, theyre all gonna kill the ****** streets tonight.
If bitches dont like my new handbrake? ****** skanks.

Im gonna wheelie on every ****** street that we go on.
Im gonna wheelie until my ****** motor blows.
If anybody looks at me wrong when I wheelie, Im startin a fight.
My tank's dented. Thats cuz Im the ****** man and everyone should know it.

"License, registration and insurance card please?"
Not now chief, Im in the ****** zone

Yeah I grunt when I kill circles at the spot.
Thats cuz everyone should see how leaned in and fast I am
i heart mike for that. :YEAH
Old 08-04-2008, 03:17 PM
NealFoReal

get another stock pin, but i think this is the first time ive ever heard of one of those bending.
I was surprised when I saw it was bent. Might be too many big macs.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Lacks self-control

C6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud ofC6matt has much to be proud of

those R1 have a really bad design.. my buddies with 02 R1's change their bolts each season.. the way the peg mounts it flexes the bolt eventually it fatigues and breaks..
Old 08-04-2008, 03:23 PM

might be.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:29 PM
NealFoReal

****** skanks.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:30 PM
ITS A LETHAL WORLD !!!!

Originally Posted by Taz
those R1 have a really bad design.. my buddies with 02 R1's change their bolts each season.. the way the peg mounts it flexes the bolt eventually it fatigues and breaks..

now I have to tap out the broked piece still suck in there
Old 08-04-2008, 03:44 PM

HECK is a decent person

now I have to tap out the broked piece still suck in there
oh wow cry about it now you actually have to go out to your bike operate a tool and get sweaty for a second. just reward yourself with a couple or 4 double quarter pounders and 10 applies pies afterwards.

Quick Reply: Rear Set Bolts...Keep Breaking !!! Advise Needed