what should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 01:07 PM

ecthemc is a decent person
Re: what should i do?

Originally Posted by aaronloi
Damn what model of swingarm you mod? That GSXR is the ****. Looks dope with an extended swingarm good luck with your 1/4 mile time dude. DAmn was that GSXR built for 1/4 mile or what. Happy drag racing dude.

MORE SO EXTENDED FRAME

look again ;p
Old 07-29-2008, 01:08 PM

Yep it decieved me at first.. I thought it was stretched at the rear.. but in amazement overlooked the fact that its the front frame that is stretched!!
Old 07-29-2008, 02:18 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kaoskid612005
ya im prob just gona weld it or get a new frame. i only got liability and still owe on it. i dont know if it was a good thing or bad thing to do but i told a suzuki rep about it and iam still watin to here from him. i was thinkin a faulty weld but i honestly dont think there gona do anything! The only damage is the broken frame, tweaked subframe and some plastics. Im shocked the fork seals didnt blow!
fix the tail and subframe and take off the cage, then take it to the dealer and raise hell, if they dont fix it then sit in front of the shop with your bike. I garantee no one that walks in will buy a suzuki. then the dealer will fix your ****......or call the police
Old 07-29-2008, 02:42 PM

i23theone23i is a decent person

Damn that looks like a Busa now LOL
Old 07-29-2008, 02:49 PM

whauburger is a decent person

Originally Posted by djtomd
Damn dude that **** looks fucked!!!! I wouldn't even bother welding it I'd just get a new frame or get full coverage the report it wrecked two weeks later. Then you'll have a minty new bike and you'll learn to never stunt again.

I don't know about where your at but in NY if you go from liability to full coverage you have to bring the bike to get a photo inspection with the insurance company so they can make sure your not doing exactley what you suggested other wise every1 and there mom would have basic and crash and then add collision.........
Old 07-29-2008, 02:56 PM

cullins is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont understand why suzuki has not done a recall on this ****. I like my gixxer but i would never buy another suzuki product just the fact that they ignore this problem.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:06 PM

whauburger is a decent person

The bike wasn't made to be stunted and im guessing the majority of the time the frame cracks its from comming down off a wheely ...therefore they are not going to warrenty or recall it bc thats alot of money they will loose, as far as i know they are more focused on the needs of the general adverage joe rider and the track racing then stunt riders.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:24 PM

i23theone23i is a decent person

Originally Posted by cullins
I dont understand why suzuki has not done a recall on this ****. I like my gixxer but i would never buy another suzuki product just the fact that they ignore this problem.

It's probably cuz Rob Durran designs these bikes too
Old 07-29-2008, 09:12 PM

Unknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by whauburger
I don't know about where your at but in NY if you go from liability to full coverage you have to bring the bike to get a photo inspection with the insurance company so they can make sure your not doing exactley what you suggested other wise every1 and there mom would have basic and crash and then add collision.........
Yeah they definitely don't do that here. I know people that have gotten away with it.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by cullins
What are you talking about??????? HELLO!?!?!

Any modification to your FRAME is considered violations of warranty.. If you had one...

So Recall on what again?? That dude rebuilt his frame into a sick *** ******* one.. and broke it being rough with it..

DARRRH!
Old 07-29-2008, 10:26 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

i'm sorry to hear that happened man . don't buy a metoo . that pic is my background on the computer now
Old 07-29-2008, 10:27 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by 50Outlaw

ur a dick
Old 07-30-2008, 12:22 AM

kaoskid612005 is a decent person

Ya i cant get full coverage without them seein the bike so thats out of the picture, a suzuki rep sent out a claim adjuster and he took like 100 pictures of it(2weeks ago) I left him about 5 messages and still no reply. I couldnt get gap insurance since i didnt have full coverage and was financing it,at least thats what the dealership told me. so im kinda fucked unless a get a lawyer and that could take months. i just wanna get it on the road again before summer is over. kinda limited on funds right now but ill piece her back together. Ill take some more pics and show ya the actual metal where the weld is, is still clean cut from factory (at least 95% of it) just the weld cracked. So if the factory weld held up for this long hopefully a another weld with reinforcements will to. I also learned how to wheelie on this bike last year, so there where some pretty hard landings on it, but ill post some pics tom,

ps feel special have my bike on someone elses wallpaper!
Old 07-30-2008, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by kaoskid612005
Ya i cant get full coverage without them seein the bike so thats out of the picture, a suzuki rep sent out a claim adjuster and he took like 100 pictures of it(2weeks ago) I left him about 5 messages and still no reply. I couldnt get gap insurance since i didnt have full coverage and was financing it,at least thats what the dealership told me. so im kinda fucked unless a get a lawyer and that could take months. i just wanna get it on the road again before summer is over. kinda limited on funds right now but ill piece her back together. Ill take some more pics and show ya the actual metal where the weld is, is still clean cut from factory (at least 95% of it) just the weld cracked. So if the factory weld held up for this long hopefully a another weld with reinforcements will to. I also learned how to wheelie on this bike last year, so there where some pretty hard landings on it, but ill post some pics tom,

ps feel special have my bike on someone elses wallpaper!
This is what i'd recomend you to do,..it would cost u a arm and a leg and is a mission impossible mission

Find a friend that is going to school to be a welder.. You know at a local college.. -

TAKE YOUR MOTOR OUT of the frame.. take the tripple and everything attached to it off.. Then have a BUDDY take it to class.. if class is out have him call his professor and if there on good terms like my buddy is.. see if you can get access to the tig..
Also.. and professor or what not is most likely OVERLY experienced for that job so his hand and views would be priceless..

a buddy of mine and I kinda have a underground low cost motorcycle builds shop..

he's been a PROFESSIONAL race car driver most his life.. and lead fabricator even on his own pit team and what not
Donald Moody.. Moody Brothers Racing.. Top Sportsman class DRAG

He can weld it.. but youd have to ship it up.. prolly charge around 300 to have it done and " CERTIFIED " even.. and X rayed..

shipping could be a bitch tho to alaska..

So the alaska idea is the " ARM AND A LEG " part.. and 300 is like lo ball fuckn my buddy for a xrayed certifed weld on a break like that..

It could be done tho. and id be the hero if u went thru with all the shipping

if you read my previous posts on how youd want an EFFECTIVE weld.. since you cant do that propperly it would take a LONG ******* time to build the weld from the bottom to the top. that would be the only way I see you could do it.. unless you wanted to do the weld upside down.. who knows u could! just flip the frame upside down..

so anyways that 300 might be impossible for my buddy to do.. but if you can raise funds if u dont have access to a tig he might work something else for u even Bike parts and money will work..

Last edited by ecthemc; 07-30-2008 at 12:55 AM.