what should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 08:52 PM

Unknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to behold
Re: what should i do?

Damn dude that **** looks fucked!!!! I wouldn't even bother welding it I'd just get a new frame or get full coverage the report it wrecked two weeks later. Then you'll have a minty new bike and you'll learn to never stunt again.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:54 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kaoskid612005
ya im prob just gona weld it or get a new frame. i only got liability and still owe on it. i dont know if it was a good thing or bad thing to do but i told a suzuki rep about it and iam still watin to here from him. i was thinkin a faulty weld but i honestly dont think there gona do anything! The only damage is the broken frame, tweaked subframe and some plastics. Im shocked the fork seals didnt blow!
Holy **** that is some fucked up.Have it welded and reinforce the **** out of it with 1/4 in plate aluminum if u cant get some kind of recall out of it. i would just have it welded and stunt that **** or sell it and get a honda like everyone els said. a honda frame wont do that but the fork seals will blow
Old 07-28-2008, 10:54 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

No one at suzuki will do anything. Theres a bunch of articles if you search google about this ****.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/9314629/detail.html
Old 07-28-2008, 10:57 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

http://www.soflasportbikes.com/forum...r-wheelie.html
Old 07-28-2008, 11:00 PM

Unknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to behold

I hope the 04-05 600-750's are strong I'd ******* flip if my **** broke like that. But I've already dropped my **** a bunch of times some at high speeds and one even into a ditch. I think she's all set, knock on wood
Old 07-28-2008, 11:37 PM

k7-600 will become famous soon enough

damn, I hate to see that, it looks exactly like mine. just in pieces.

would GAP ins. cover that?
Old 07-28-2008, 11:39 PM
NealFoReal

One of those articles was an 05 And not 100% sure about the gap insurance but I think if you have full coverage and claim it and youre not getting the amount you need coz of value, then the gap insurance might cover the rest but again not 100%
Old 07-28-2008, 11:53 PM

ecthemc is a decent person

I knew this was going to happen one day. I hit the tail doin a wheelie and jammed the brake to hard. bike slammed to the ground. good thing i was goin slow, landed on my feet didnt get hurt. Ive read that people here tig welded the frame plenty of times. Do they hold up? Should i have a shop put reinforceing plates to?
It broke right on the weld!
If your gonna have someone tig weld it.. its going to be rough. theyd have to cut it down.. build it up like a bevel edge.. and then weld each side..

(TO DO A PROPER CERTIFIED WELD) but since the frame is " Hollow " your fucked.. ( YOU CANT WELD IT FROM INSIDE THE FRAME

The weld will never be strong.. and one day its going to break if you do weld it from one side..

If its a lot stunter... u might be able to get away with breakin the weld all the time and stuntin it..

IF u ride ur bike like u hate chicken ( CHICKEN STRIPS)

Possibility of really hurting urself

not my 2 cents.. my ten dollas- im fuckn rich bitch

Here.. Just incase noone understands what I meant..

Imagine you rear set.. Broke in half .. (Skinny width part) - with that kind of crap aluminum..
You'd have to grind it down.. about 10% of a inch.. and then.. Weld up to build up that loss.. Then grind the edges.. and Weld it from BOTH SIDES

Name:  beveledge.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  5.8 KB

In order for a propper weld on ur Skinny frame.. youd have to do this on ur crap *** aluminum frame to make a strong weld..

Gay i know !

if you want to be safe on ur bike.. Id order a new frame.. or get one on ebay if possibe.. about 1000 unnafortunatly.. SO thats what I would do..

Or id ATTEMPT To weld it from one side as thats all u can do.. and ONLY spot stunt it.. Dealers ****** RED X those frames n ****..

and make sure that weld if done.. is HUGE>. **** a puddle.. make it a lake.. your going to want to build it tall.. and wide.. to reinforce it.. No more pictures.. but a True tig welder should know how to make it as strong as he can

LATE EDIT: didnt knwo it broke on the weld.. Well.. See that bevel.. make it more of a POINT.. and u might beable to weld it back.. GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by ecthemc; 07-29-2008 at 12:06 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:57 PM

I thought that gap covers up to the amount being financed if the bike is totalled regardless of having your own insurance. and gap is only a few hundred bucks. so if breaking the frame into 2 pieces is considered totalled, then gap would pay everything you still owed. That's how it was explained to me.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:06 AM

ewalR1 is a decent person

Dont Ever Buy A Gixxer!!!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 12:09 AM

oh, and if you decide to part it out, pm me
Old 07-29-2008, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by ewalR1
Dont Ever Buy A Gixxer!!!!!
the 01-03's are good machines.. 02 great year.. THROTTLE BODYS!!

Just rebuild the subframe into steel like i did.. I renamed her the TANK

after that ****.. toughest ************ in the world with a Sick Innovations cage

Look at this thing.. ITs a TANK!!!

Name:  can.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  38.1 KB

Then you drill out the bolts on the frame ears or put low grade bolts.. so they break before your ears do.. Then its golden

Last edited by ecthemc; 07-29-2008 at 12:23 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:28 AM
Squid Supreme

stick1300 will become famous soon enough

Wow, most people just extend the swingarm when they want to stretch their bike....way to go all out!
Old 07-29-2008, 12:35 AM

hahha yea it is a bit long
Old 07-29-2008, 12:35 AM

y2kmk is an unknown quantity at this point

holy ****! thats whack dude..

what did the rep think he'd be able to do? get you a 10% off coupon or something?

time to make a gokart outta that bitch, and buy a honda. :YEAH
Old 07-29-2008, 12:36 AM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by k7-600
I thought that gap covers up to the amount being financed if the bike is totalled regardless of having your own insurance. and gap is only a few hundred bucks. so if breaking the frame into 2 pieces is considered totalled, then gap would pay everything you still owed. That's how it was explained to me.
Yeah definition sounds right but they cover the gap in coverage. Not sure if they will cover it all but again not 100%. Call em up and ask.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:48 PM

FreezeSBFreaks is a decent person

I have an 06 k6 an this has yet to happen to me, but I do love the bike.

and i've had multiple gixxers and 636's to play around with. There awesome too
Old 07-29-2008, 12:54 PM

ClintBorneo is a decent person
Unhappy Re: what should i do?

I knew this was going to happen one day. I hit the tail doin a wheelie and jammed the brake to hard. bike slammed to the ground. good thing i was goin slow, landed on my feet didnt get hurt. Ive read that people here tig welded the frame plenty of times. Do they hold up? Should i have a shop put reinforceing plates to?
It broke right on the weld!
a Gixxer.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been reading threads about gixxer frame and it is known for weak frames...

Last edited by ClintBorneo; 07-29-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:57 PM

aaronloi is an unknown quantity at this point

I knew this was going to happen one day. I hit a 1/4 mile the other day
Damn what model of swingarm you mod? That GSXR is the ****. Looks dope with an extended swingarm good luck with your 1/4 mile time dude. DAmn was that GSXR built for 1/4 mile or what. Happy drag racing dude.

Last edited by aaronloi; 07-29-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:06 PM

HighStyles has a spectacular aura aboutHighStyles has a spectacular aura about

if you get a good welder that bevels it 15 degrees and taks a 1/8" backing strip behind it it will be a full penetration weld. you can also have the weld re-enforced with a wrap of some sort and weld it to the frame as a brace.. it can be fixed but you need someone with some quality and thats hard to find now adays