how did you??

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 07:26 PM
Relentless Dedication..

YellowGixxer is a decent person
how did you??

how did you reinforce your subframe on your 05 06 636... i want a round bar because i am getting an exhaust... pictures and anyting would be great...also my fi cage falls apart and i dont even drop it hard...and it makes me break my rear sets alllll the time..what kinda cage can i get where it wont bust my rear sets if my bike even scrapes the ground?? and where can i get a good deal??
Old 07-27-2008, 07:54 PM
DC Kustoms

drgnazz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: how did you??

get a sick innovations cage, and any decent fab shop should be able to brace up the subframe. and a OMR subcage will help too.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:06 PM

ecthemc is a decent person

Originally Posted by YellowGixxer
how did you reinforce your subframe on your 05 06 636... i want a round bar because i am getting an exhaust... pictures and anyting would be great...also my fi cage falls apart and i dont even drop it hard...and it makes me break my rear sets alllll the time..what kinda cage can i get where it wont bust my rear sets if my bike even scrapes the ground?? and where can i get a good deal??
Was it the HoHey Rear sets that bring ur natural sets back and in a few inchs??

If so i believe i remember thats the fix for the fi cage on the 636
Old 07-27-2008, 08:12 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

cut your rearsets so the cage hits before the peg.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Oh man plz explain more for him.. from what you said im picturing a sawzall and pegs
Old 07-27-2008, 08:54 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ecthemc
Oh man plz explain more for him.. from what you said im picturing a sawzall and pegs
You are correct. You cut about an inch off of your pegs so when the bike slams down it doesn't break your rearsets.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:54 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Let me reword it then lol. Cut your rearset PEGS so your cage hits before the PEGS do. Thats easy enough to understand
Old 07-27-2008, 09:00 PM
NealFoReal

Old 07-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Registered Spammer

old duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond repute

i cut mine like this they don't hit ground
Name:  100_0707a.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  51.9 KB

Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by old duffer
i cut mine like this they don't hit ground
Ahh ok.. well that wouldnt be the easiest on my stunt pegs... but could be done.. that looks sexy !
Old 07-27-2008, 09:51 PM
NealFoReal

what stunt pegs do you got? ESD's ESD will cut their stunt pegs to whatever size you want or you could just buy the ESD shorty rearsets if you wanna spend the moulah.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:58 PM

what stunt pegs do you got? ESD's ESD will cut their stunt pegs to whatever size you want or you could just buy the ESD shorty rearsets if you wanna spend the moulah.
I got the silver ones from HAI.. there like the ones that come on the SI subcages...

i took the springs out of them so iv never had a problem with breaking rear sets but im on a f4i and gsxr.. so they may be diff than the 6tree6

nice to know you can get shorter ones.. i want a kawi if i get one ill keep that in mind neil, thanks

:YEAH
Old 07-27-2008, 10:17 PM
NealFoReal

Esd only makes the shorty rearsets for the f4i but you could get the hohey rearset with the esd pegs cut down and that **** would be gangsta too.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:19 PM

Esd only makes the shorty rearsets for the f4i but you could get the hohey rearset with the esd pegs cut down and that **** would be gangsta too.
yea mine are really long.. I use to have short and wide Dirt bike pegs on the gsxr.. looked like a small star pizza cutter.. i liked em till it tore up my knee
Old 07-28-2008, 11:03 AM
Relentless Dedication..

they are already like an inch and a quarter dude...already really really small
Old 07-28-2008, 11:16 AM

Nellie636 is a decent person

i have no clue about the FI cage, but i run a tygershark cj3 with the upgraded crossbar, now i have to hit hella hard and my cage has to be loose in order for my pegs to touch. i got sato rear sets to so they dont spring back when they hit they just explode. for the subframe support you can go spend 200 bucks on a name brand or do what i did, two pieces of flat stock, 1 foot piece of tubing and my mig, drill out your holes weld the tubing and done, theirs your 15 min subcage for 30 bucks.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:47 AM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by YellowGixxer
they are already like an inch and a quarter dude...already really really small
If theyre that small I dont understand how they hit the floor before your cage I got the shorty ESD pegs like I mentioned and they've only come in contact with the ground once from my bike pancaking from 12 and flipping over and over. I noticed that the right side is a little bent.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:20 PM
Relentless Dedication..

If theyre that small I dont understand how they hit the floor before your cage I got the shorty ESD pegs like I mentioned and they've only come in contact with the ground once from my bike pancaking from 12 and flipping over and over. I noticed that the right side is a little bent.
well i honestly dont know how either but it happends EVERYTIME it pises me off..anyone know where i can get a deal on a si cage? im pretty poor right now and i need all the help i can get u know?
Old 07-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Relentless Dedication..

Originally Posted by Nellie636
i have no clue about the FI cage, but i run a tygershark cj3 with the upgraded crossbar, now i have to hit hella hard and my cage has to be loose in order for my pegs to touch. i got sato rear sets to so they dont spring back when they hit they just explode. for the subframe support you can go spend 200 bucks on a name brand or do what i did, two pieces of flat stock, 1 foot piece of tubing and my mig, drill out your holes weld the tubing and done, theirs your 15 min subcage for 30 bucks.
can you post up some pictures playa
Old 07-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Just spend the money and get ESDs.. They come with shortened pegs i have then and I love em so far. Also onewheelneal's Cj3 is custom... So if you can't afford that S.I no way you can a Tygershark then things are expensive but they do have a lifetime warranty if I remember correctly

Last edited by T-Dubby; 07-28-2008 at 12:49 PM.