636 set up help??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 03:16 AM

jabgo is a decent person
636 set up help??

I have just got a 05 636 stock (flipped bars) and want advice on setting it up,

1. What cage do you think is best ? i have an FI on my R1 and think its weak so i thought either tigershark, sick or 905.

2. What Gearing? Thought i may try higher gearing as the R1 is -1 front and 63 rear and not really usable on the road so what the lowest gearing you can get away with on the road?

3. 12 bar or round bar and which make? (im not the best rider only just started but can scrape, slow wheelie and nearly circle.) alfter 5 times on the r1

thanks in advance

cheers james
Old 07-15-2008, 03:26 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 636 set up help??

flipped and switched clipons is the way to go in my oppinion but if you run an upper there isn't alot of room to turn them out much ...

the 05 636 doesn't need alot of gear so you should be able to gear it and still be able to ride it on the streets , up 10 would be the most i would go for the streets and keep the stock exhaust and exhaust valve for the most low end pull..

any cage except the fi it will brake your stator and could rip out your motor mounts and brake your frame , i have seen it happen in very easy slow crashes so stay away from fi...

round bar or flat bar could be a bad idea on the 05 because it has a very weak subframe , most people just scrape the exhaust but if you want to do bar tricks then i suggest you get some subties and beef up the subframe...

p.s do the clean air mod so you don't get oil in your airbox and hydrolock your motor and cut your front pegs down after you get a crash cage so they don't hit the ground when you crash or you will be breaking rearsets ..

Last edited by old man roger; 07-15-2008 at 03:29 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:28 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

oh forgot to mention that the 05 06 07 08 zx6 has the weakest rear peg brackets of all bikes and they break at the slightest contact with the ground so when you break them hit me up for an omr subcage ...shamless plug i know

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/214...ame-cages.html

Last edited by old man roger; 07-15-2008 at 03:31 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:05 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

ummmm well OMR said it all, and no bullshit on the subcage i just got mine and its all that you could ever want. SI for the cage tho, cant go wrong with it. i run +7 on my bike and the last one i had and am very happy with it. matt parsons said that -1 +7 was the money shot for this bike so i might even go with that to see if it feels any better not that it feels bad now but im always down to mix things up a bit.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:07 AM

jabgo is a decent person

The pegs are already cut down the same length as the levers.

I think im going to give it ago with 10+.

OMR how much for a subcage maybe two one for a mate posted uk?

Any info on how you do the clean air mod (i know i should just use the search button......)
Old 07-15-2008, 06:17 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by jabgo
The pegs are already cut down the same length as the levers.

I think im going to give it ago with 10+.

OMR how much for a subcage maybe two one for a mate posted uk?

Any info on how you do the clean air mod (i know i should just use the search button......)
omr subcage check out the group buy for $175.00 usd shipped [3 or more] or one single shipped to the uk for $225.00 usd

and for the clean air mod ,there are a bunch of threads on it with pics and every thing but basicly you are bypassing the air box and unplugging the pair valve so connect the two big hoses that go to the air box and cap off the vacuum line that goes to the pair valve and cap off the holes that will be left in the bottom of the air box..

you will just be rerouting your crankcase vent tube to the pair valve
Old 07-15-2008, 07:44 AM

jabgo is a decent person

thanks i have just noticed the thread on the uk forum ill probably have one cheers
Old 07-15-2008, 07:54 AM
Professional Work Avoider

GSXR Carlos will become famous soon enoughGSXR Carlos will become famous soon enough

jabgo, k3 dave is getting some from OMR soon, they're three of us, maybe four, so you could be a fifth if you want in, better pm him soon though

i heart OMR
Old 07-15-2008, 05:38 PM
also known as OMR

aww how sweet....lol
Old 07-15-2008, 09:00 PM
It's cold out here

csiamanis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
oh forgot to mention that the 05 06 07 08 zx6 has the weakest rear peg brackets of all bikes...hit me up for an omr subcage ...
No lie here. Before I put my OMR cage on, I noticed that my left peg mount was bent inward. This was only after a light drop and learning staggard's for a 1/4 season. I bent it back in and installed OMR's cage and now it is fine.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:16 PM

JoeS5690 is a decent person

my '03 has a stock drive sprocket up front (15 teeth) and a +6 in back (makes it 46 teeth) and it runs kinda high revs on the streets which i'm on more then i'm in the lot, especially since i'm new to ridin lots, so depending on where the bike is more you might want to run less then +10...i know i'm not on an '05 either but jest lettin ya know my
Old 07-15-2008, 09:24 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

my dumbass put octane booster in my 06 and now it falls on it's face at 9 grand. i changed the plugs twice and still the same thing, does anyone have any ideas? sorry
Old 07-16-2008, 04:30 AM
also known as OMR

did you put in the correct amount or did you dump the whole bottle in ? if you used the correct amount then i doubt thats your problem now if you dumped the whole bottle in you may have burnt a valve