Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 12:55 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person
i can do fib wheelies!!!

Name:  DSC06332a.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  112.6 KB

ok....so this is me braging....flat out....i'm braging about doing a fib wheelie.....some may ask why the hell i would post a thread about this....well ladies and gents.....i'm pretty happy about this and i'll tell you why, not really braging, but in a sense so you can all understand prosthetic life a little more, because before this, i always just thought "damn, that sucks, hope it doesn't happen to me"

after getting your leg chopped off, your bones take a long time to heal...fully, last week i stood on a scale with my prosthetic off to see how much weight i can load onto the end of my stump.....28 pounds. you see, a prosthetic below the knee concentrates the majority of your body weight on the part of your knee where you kneel on the floor at.....and on the sides of your knee so the tender part, the bottom, doesn't get all the load....this supposedly will get better with time, but it's been about 4 months of the same pain and it definately is getting frustrating, especially with the riding part of it......

i have a round bar thanks to racing 905 now.....this is so i can put my foot in it, i can't bend my knee far enough to put it in my seat hole anymore....i don't care about that though, i'm really confortable with the round bar......

the foot on my prosthetic is made of carbon fiber, it's similar to that of the olympic running leg i'm sure you've all heard about, only scaled down and designed so that i can walk normal in it, a running leg is made for only running, and you would actually walk really shitty in it. but anyways, it's a spring, your normal ankle gives 200 percent energy return with each step, thanks to muscles "pushing" you forward, this foot gives 75 percent energy return, so it's really like taking a dry wall stilt, and duct taping a coil over spring on the end. now....imagine your tire bouncing a little, your rear shock, and then throw a damn spring on your foot lol.....there's a lot of bouncing going on with foot in the bar

i have rambled enough for today.....i hope you all understand the prosthetic journey a little more from my post!
Old 07-15-2008, 12:58 PM

phxRRkid will become famous soon enough
Re: i can do fib wheelies!!!

+1 man, thats awesome.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:59 PM

y2kmk is an unknown quantity at this point

Good deal man! It's nice to see ya back up and on a bike, not laying around wallowing in the "poor pitiful me" phase.

keep it up bro!
Old 07-15-2008, 01:01 PM

jbstunts is a decent person

good job bro, you gonna show up in nashville?
Old 07-15-2008, 01:04 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by y2kmk
It's nice to see ya back up and on a bike, not laying around wallowing in the "poor pitiful me" phase.
What sucks is I think that would be me

Good chit mayn. Keep it up.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:08 PM
SquidWheelies.com

SquidWheelies is an unknown quantity at this point

like i told you in wisconsin....you had 2 choices....thanks for choosing the right one and inspiring us all.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

That's sick man!!! You just keep uping your game.. Keep it up
Old 07-15-2008, 01:12 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Whats the orange cord do Is it like a cut off switch when the pin is pulled.

Last edited by OnEWhEeLNEAL; 07-15-2008 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:20 PM

SEAN_PARRISH10 is a decent person

Its A Kill Switch So If He Falls Off It Shuts The Bike Off.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:21 PM
IV
"bitchen"

IV will become famous soon enough

Respect!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 01:27 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SEAN_PARRISH10
I tried wiring on of them on my bike

ended up in my kicking on accident constantly and killing my ****
Old 07-15-2008, 01:28 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by SEAN_PARRISH10
Thats what I thought it was.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:32 PM

yes, pingel makes them, they made my electric shifter as well....if my bike falls on the left side i can't get at the kick stand or the ignition(which is under my seat) so the bike just drives around in circles and smashes into people or things on idle.......so this is much safer since i wont be running anywhere anytime soon.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:36 PM

it stretches pretty far.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:45 PM

Suicidal Antics is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ryan S

it stretches pretty far.
when i was big into fourwheelers, i had a retardedly built banshee, and had a similar tether on it, from Pro Design. When it was brand new, it was VERY hard to release. One day i wheelied over backwards, fell off, and was like "okay great. the tether is gonna pop, and kill the motor"....well the damn thing stretched out probably 6 or 8 feet before releasing. I used to clip it on my belt loop, just like you. Well the end of the tether came back to be at about Mach 10, and wailed me in the jimmy sack. Who would have thought a 3 ounce piece of plastic could make a man dry-heave.

sick pics though brotha.... I rock the GAME ON shirt all the time, and always get the "whats the deal with the bright orange shirt?":YEAH
Old 07-15-2008, 01:47 PM

lol yeah, i can vouch for the thing snapping your if it is at the right angle.....but i'm just sick of watching my bike slam into walls without me on it.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:52 PM

here is a power stoppie with my leg off, i can roll about 100 feet with it off and a lot taller than this.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

damn ryan good job, i have mad respect for ya so keep it up. you doin any shows or events that i can try and see ya in person? im out in NY but try to go to stunt shows.

either way keep it up!!! you're killin it
Old 07-15-2008, 02:39 PM

skinnyR! is a decent person

what brand elbow/knee pads are you runnin?
Old 07-15-2008, 03:09 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

dope man...much respect....:YEAH

Quick Reply: i can do fib wheelies!!!