chasing bp sprocket q? and clutch q?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 04:18 AM

redline coaster is a decent person
chasing bp sprocket q? and clutch q?

so i spent 4 hours today first time out to the lot with my bike set up. by set up i mean gpr a sick cage and 12 bar and vortec 54 tooth sprocket on the rear stock on the front on my f4i(rear hand break some were in the mail). first time trying to actually wheelie i couldnt get it up high during sit down for some retarded reason im half *** backward so moved to stand up. nailed stand up all day just **** my self the few times i hit bp(bike got weigth less so i figured that was it). but im not to big of a fan of the 54 tooth sprocket whats your guys thoughts on a 54 for lot riding. also how in the hell do you get it up from a stop because the few times i did i wobbled pretty bad side to side and i did check tire pressure and i figure it might be my stance. when i staggered i wobbled and almost toppled over and felt uncomfortable so i tried one foot on the seat and it helped any hints on how to shift your weight in staggered stance to keep it from wobbling or is it just me. this is my first time ever lot riding so dont burn me to bad and im aware this is complete random but i figured you guys could gimme some advice. ive used everything i read from this site when i hit the lot for the first time and i can say i had a good day with no crashes so any suggestions on anything i wrote i would appriciate it thanks guys. ~ crash~
Old 07-13-2008, 04:39 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: chasing bp sprocket q? and clutch q?

54 is a pretty good gear for an f4i , i like more gear but 54 is good ...

starting from a dead stop is the way to go for slow wheelies and they will wobble till you get more comfortable and less twitchy with the throttle , when your going fast and chasing the wheelie they won't wobble as much because an object in motion tends to stay in motion , when you get the bike to balance point and you are going slow you need to have more controll then when your going fast just like when your on two wheels and going very slow the bike will want to tip over , same thing in a wheelie...

practice practice practice...good luck and have fun
Old 07-13-2008, 04:51 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

weird question from someone with the name redline coaster
Old 07-13-2008, 05:10 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i thought the same thing...lol
Old 07-13-2008, 05:28 AM

da Liks is a decent person

haha same here! buttt: practice!!!!!!!! dont ask question on an internet forum after the FIRST time in the lot but just ride!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 08:04 AM

Standupnfall is a decent person

I rock stock front 54 rear and I love it. Are you working or preparing to work the rear brake cause youre gonna need it soon.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:08 AM

636squid is a decent person

Did you turn the idle up? I've never riden an f4i but am sure your gearing is ok, you will eventually get it just keep practicing and don't forget you have a rear brake.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:50 AM

Timmy P is a decent person

yeah remember the brake. keep the throttle smooth. turn your idle up to about 3 grand.. not sure as ive never had bigger gears. and remember when you first start out your going to go toward everything you look at.. if thers a light pole and you look at it to avoid it...... your gonna go straight at it. kinda weird. I think I started out with 16 psi.and as for being backwards . I am to . im just know locking down sitdowns.. so you cool. lol
Old 07-13-2008, 12:09 PM

SquidStunter is a decent person

Originally Posted by da Liks
haha same here! buttt: practice!!!!!!!! dont ask question on an internet forum after the FIRST time in the lot but just ride!!!

+1111 Exactly . or you ll be a squidishstunter like me. I circle wheelie combo with spreaders.. in my dreams LOL
Old 07-13-2008, 12:58 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Side to side balance is just practice. You gotta work on learning to control the bike, but not lean too much that you lose it.

I would stick with the 54 for now. It is plenty of gearing for learning.. Hell really you can learn on stock fine, and clutch from a stop just fine, but once you get below 8mph on stock, its hard to keep the bike up without stalling it.

Slow speed wheelies takes lots of balance and practice. You say you practiced 4 hours today? Ok now do that tomorrow, the next day, and everyday for the next 6 months.. Then see where you are!

This **** isn't easy, people don't just hop on a bike and start busting idle

Originally Posted by Timmy P
and remember when you first start out your going to go toward everything you look at.. if thers a light pole and you look at it to avoid it...... your gonna go straight at it. kinda weird.
soo true
Old 07-13-2008, 09:35 PM

thanks for the advice everyone hit the lot again for about 2 hours today. thought i was gonna have to warm up a bit but today it kinda just seemed natural since doing it all day yesterday. tried clutch from a stop all day thats all i practiced. i did staggered today the the wobble lessened as the day went on but still was there but nothing practice cant fix. im getting used to the sprocket i like it the more i ride it so ill see what i wanna do when the winter comes. other then that the day went good. i know what you guys are saying about you go towards the things you look at. but my problem is that my spot has like a 40ft drop cliff thingy so i have no choice but not to screw up . i turned the idle up higher around 3 grand and worked my way down. i like the idle low but found its less choppy when i get it up and im tryin to balance it when i do get it high enough. so im just gonna try diffrent idles to see were the moneys spot is for me. im tryin to roll wheelies at the end of every session to get the practice in there goin as good as they can get. i get them up higher up everyday. i found it helps when i speak to my self i say self you are gonna crash be ready see you under the bike in abouut five seconds. so far i havent crashed haha so we will see ill keep you guys updated thanks for the help i got nothing but free time and loving it. any one in the boston area who rides it would be nice to ride with someone and learn from there experiances. thanks again guys and yes my sn is kinda random ill make sure i post a big thing on my first redline coaster haha ride safe guys.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:47 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

nailing it is just to get it up. for a good smooth wheelie the bike has to be perfectly balanced. youre steady on the gas and its just floating and you can gently tap the brake when needed. the higher you bring it up there the easier it will be to steer. the bike will want to turn all over the place (especially if you are behind balance point and just riding your brake at 3500 rpms.) tire pressure is something you need to figure out for yourself. everybody has different preferences. and it also depends on your riding style. people mobbing fast gangster lean circles you can bet money they are rocking 28-30 psi. but i hate that much pressure. doesnt work for me at all.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:52 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

[quote=redline coaster;3393412]i know what you guys are saying about you go towards the things you look at. but my problem is that my spot has like a 40ft drop cliff thingy so i have no choice but not to screw up

Maybe you should find a new spot
Old 07-13-2008, 10:02 PM

ya i like around 25 for tire pressure for rite now it works for me so ill keep it. and ya im looking for a new spot rite now its not like there every five feet i work with what i got im trying to find loading docks but dont know where to look im kinda in the city so cant picture to many in the area. trust me im more worried about the drop cliff thingy then mouse trapping my bike a million times in a row. i just do all my stuff aiming away from it never toward it. its kinda a dont screw up factor like i said haha.

Last edited by redline coaster; 07-13-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:15 PM

Dean646 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Side to side balance is just practice. You gotta work on learning to control the bike, but not lean too much that you lose it.

I would stick with the 54 for now. It is plenty of gearing for learning.. Hell really you can learn on stock fine, and clutch from a stop just fine, but once you get below 8mph on stock, its hard to keep the bike up without stalling it.

Slow speed wheelies takes lots of balance and practice. You say you practiced 4 hours today? Ok now do that tomorrow, the next day, and everyday for the next 6 months.. Then see where you are!

This **** isn't easy, people don't just hop on a bike and start busting idle

soo true

I rode idle a few times today and it's my second day but only for a couple seconds lol and Don't forget that rear brake and practice hitting it even when u don't need to use it right than other wise u might have it covered and for what ever reason u don't reach it in time like this >>>>>> Name:  IMG_2404.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  83.3 KB LOL

I can't wait to get better it sounds like were in the same boat but I am picking it right up to bp from 0mph on stock gearing good luck man and practice, practice, practice.. Just make sure if u don't ride with anyone to bring someone with you!
Old 07-13-2008, 11:40 PM

12oclocker is an unknown quantity at this point

...hat ever reason u don't reach it in time like this >>>>>>
ouch! that's gonna smash a leg!
reminds me of a few days ago when my XR200's back tire lost traction during a circle, then the bike slid out and smashed my leg, it was bruised and bleeding but not broke, sucks bad.

like a 40ft drop cliff thingy so i have no choice but not to screw up
Some things you have no control over, for example my tire gave out on a circle... what if your throttle sticks? and you go floating off a 40ft drop? hey it could happen, my throttle has got stuck on my bike before, and I had to lay it down!! everyone goes down, and its not always a mistake made by you.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:47 PM

Timmy P is a decent person

Originally Posted by redline coaster
i say self you are gonna crash be ready see you under the bike in abouut five seconds..
at your stage the only thing you need to be saying is " BRAKE! ". haha good luck bro
Old 07-13-2008, 11:57 PM

Dean646 is a decent person

[quote=12oclocker;3393592]ouch! that's gonna smash a leg!
reminds me of a few days ago when my XR200's back tire lost traction during a circle, then the bike slid out and smashed my leg, it was bruised and bleeding but not broke, sucks bad.

Well luckily It didn't end up on top of me or my leg! That might hurt but owell **** happens I am doing what ever it takes. I crashed twice today and I don't know how I am always covering the brake and a hit the brake and saved my self 3 times that I almost went over but the other 2 for what ever reason I didn't react fast enough! I know SQUID!!!

Anyway to the guy that started this thread.. I agree with what someone else said just keep telling your self brake, brake, brake.. And I would really find a new spot that wouldn't be cool to fly off that 40ft cliff.. It's not like anyone means to crash! Anyway Good luck on your progession and hopefully ur's goes better than mine!