Which bike is it going to be?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 05:14 PM

ipdking711 is a decent person
Which bike is it going to be?

Hey guys. My name is Tom. Just go a pre approval from the bike so I have been shopping.:YEAH

I read a little bit on the forum. Pretty helpful place. I have a question on which bike would fit me best. I am a big boy at 6' 1" and 260lbs. I have come across three bikes I want to look at but do not know the pros and cons of either. Hopefully you can help me decide the best deal, common issues, what to stay away from etc...I have never stunted before in my life but will begin that adventure when I plant my *** on the bike. I want to hit canyon roads too, so all around, easy to ride/stunt is what I am looking for.

2004 CBR1000RR-one owner-$4200. Seems to be in decent shape. Says low miles but who the hell knows. Guy at the dealer said the Honda was a superb track bike but rather uncomfortable and heavy. The most powerful(I am told) out of my choices.

2005 GSXR750-says perfect condition and garage kept. $4000. Don't know a thing about them. I was always shunned away from 750's by friends and family members who ride.

2003 GSXR1000-5400 miles,mint shape-$3800 Heard these things were insane and had a spazzy way with the power. Need decent throttle control. Although not as insane as K7 or 8s. This was my favorite but also the oldest. Everyone and their mother that wanted the "in" bike got a gixxer 1000 and pounded them. Afraid of noob abuse and wear but I will never know until I see.

So can anyone give me the pros and cons of each bike? What they would go with? Oil starvation an issue with any of them while doing a wheelie? I really appreciate the help!
Old 07-12-2008, 05:20 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Which bike is it going to be?

None of those are IDEAL stunt bikes, but honestly, you can stunt anything. I don't know much about gixxers, cause I've never liked Suzuki. My vote would be for the Honda.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:22 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

If you want to stunt ride, don't get a loan for a bike

In 1 year you'll be looking at a pile of parts, saying "it sucks oweing $3,000 on something I can't ride"
Old 07-12-2008, 05:24 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Towlieee
If you want to stunt ride, don't get a loan for a bike

In 1 year you'll be looking at a pile of parts, saying "it sucks oweing $3,000 on something I can't ride"
Good advice...
Old 07-12-2008, 05:24 PM
i dont ride whillies

moto_223 is a decent person

the 750 would be your best choice for stunting imo, except there subframes are all out junk...i had an 05 600 and i loved it, couldent really stunt back then but i could rock wheelies for miles and stoppies for about 100ft. if its your first bike i would go with that
Old 07-12-2008, 05:29 PM

Not my first. Looking to upgrade. Just ditched my cbr600. Thats why I want a bigger bike. Wheelies and Stoppies are mostly what will happen.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:32 PM

-matt g- is an unknown quantity at this point

if your just getting into stunting.. get a trashy older bike to learn on.. something cheap so when it gets trashed your not to bummed

i wouldnt suggest getting anythign bigger then a 600 to start out stuntin on. but what do i know.. u prob kno more then me right.. your gona get your own **** no matter what we tell you so just buy something total it make sure you get full coverage so when you total it you can pay your **** off then actually listen to us and buy a trashy old bike

oh +1 on the whole loan thing.. stunt bike should be paid off.. they take a beating

Last edited by -matt g-; 07-12-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by ipdking711
Not my first. Looking to upgrade. Just ditched my cbr600. Thats why I want a bigger bike. Wheelies and Stoppies are mostly what will happen.
Sounds like you ditched your BEST option for a stuntbike...lol....good luck!
Old 07-12-2008, 05:39 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

What exactly are you wanting out of a newer bike?

Are you wanting to stunt? Do track days? Cruise town?? Cruise town and do the occasional highway wheelie?

If your looking to stunt, 600 hands down.. And honda 600's happen to be about the strongest, best stunt bike available for learning!
F4i would be my first choice, just for the fact they are STRONG, and easy to ride..

If your looking to do track days, or cruise town, I'd say go with whatever you want. Personally I don't like suzuki at ALL.. I'd rather be on a kawi or honda any day.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:39 PM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
Sounds like you ditched your BEST option for a stuntbike...lol....good luck!
+1
Old 07-12-2008, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by -matt g-
if your just getting into stunting.. get a trashy older bike to learn on.. something cheap so when it gets trashed your not to bummed

i wouldnt suggest getting anythign bigger then a 600 to start out stuntin on. but what do i know.. u prob kno more then me right.. your gona get your own **** no matter what we tell you so just buy something total it make sure you get full coverage so when you total it you can pay your **** off then actually listen to us and buy a trashy old bike

oh +1 on the whole loan thing.. stunt bike should be paid off.. they take a beating
Hey man chill out. I respect your opinion more than mine. Thats why I came here. I know the 600 was my best option. I wanted a bigger bike though. I use my bike for DD most of the time so a complete **** bike is out of the question. For a while it will be wheelies and stoppies. The bikes I listed were my options. I don't mean to upset you but I did not sell a 600 to buy a 600.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:53 PM

Hey man chill out. I respect your opinion more than mine. Thats why I came here. I know the 600 was my best option. I wanted a bigger bike though. I use my bike for DD most of the time so a complete **** bike is out of the question. For a while it will be wheelies and stoppies. The bikes I listed were my options. I don't mean to upset you but I did not sell a 600 to buy a 600.
Chances are a bigger bike is just gonna hold you back.

I've been riding 4 years now, and I still love 600's. I know I definitely can't even ride a 600 to the limits in the turns, and my 600 does everything I want to do stunt wise.. 70mph wheelies in 3rd gear, no problem.

If you are just wanting to cruise, and "look" cool, and have people go "ooh, ahhh, you got a 1000, I bet you can wheelie good" then a 1000 is the way to go.

If you want a bike that you can stunt hard, and ride fast through the turns, stick to a 600
Old 07-12-2008, 05:54 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

Yeah, what he said
Old 07-12-2008, 06:34 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
None of those are IDEAL stunt bikes, but honestly, you can stunt anything. I don't know much about gixxers, cause I've never liked Suzuki. My vote would be for the Honda.
+1 or kawi :YEAH
Old 07-12-2008, 06:44 PM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

WHAT YOU COME ON HERE AND START CALLING US A BUNCH OF ********!!!! TALKING YOUR TRASH TALK!AND HOW YOU WANT TO BLOW UP MY HOUSE!!!!!!!! AND KILL MY GOLD FISH!! **** YOU!!! GO TO HELL YOU BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J/K I thought that that matt guys post was kinda funny!! he got like all emo on your ***!!!
Old 07-12-2008, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by thehate.
J/K I thought that that matt guys post was kinda funny!! he got like all emo on your ***!!!

LOL. I understand that NO bike I listed is a stunt machine. Allow me to ask with better wording...Out of the listed bikes, which is my BEST CHOICE for a part time stunter, part time canyon carver.

Maybe the bolds, and underlining will clear up any confusion. I know a 600 is the best stunter bike. I just sold mine. I know how easy they are to ride. But I would like a bigger, faster bike, no to mention one in better shape than my last.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:07 PM

-matt g- is an unknown quantity at this point

lol these a difference between dd and a stunt bike.. so what do you really want? a stunt bike or a dd.. if you buy a dd and just do "wheelies and stoppies" your going to trash it.. just doing "wheelies and stoppies" isnt that easy your going to crash learning them.. like i said before no matter how much we tell u to get a 600 your not gona listen to us so whats the point..

same **** over and over.. annoying as hell.. go buy a busa or a zx-14 and get some chrome rims
Old 07-12-2008, 07:12 PM

Yeah....I think you might be on the wrong forum, Mr. SevenEleven...lol..
Old 07-12-2008, 07:17 PM

ebear is a decent person

then 750..
Old 07-12-2008, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by -matt g-
lol these a difference between dd and a stunt bike.. so what do you really want? a stunt bike or a dd.. if you buy a dd and just do "wheelies and stoppies" your going to trash it.. just doing "wheelies and stoppies" isnt that easy your going to crash learning them.. like i said before no matter how much we tell u to get a 600 your not gona listen to us so whats the point..

same **** over and over.. annoying as hell.. go buy a busa or a zx-14 and get some chrome rims

Jeez man I don't know what your issue is. I have done plenty of wheelies and stoppies to know the outcome of learning. Even knowing how to do them does not rule out ******* up/ I know this. I am sure you know better than I do(seriously). But like I reworded for you, out of them, which is my best bet. I don't know why your getting your panties in a twist about people ignoring you. Your right. Your right in everything you say. But freaking out and telling me to get a busa with rims makes you sound like a judgemental fool to somebody who would love to learn from you.

I started this thread telling everyone what my choices are. I am not getting a 600. Not because I choose to ignore you, or because I feel I know more, but because I wanted a bigger, faster, bike and hope to play around with it.

Quick Reply: Which bike is it going to be?