one finger handbrake????

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 11:07 PM

MT B RRUTHLESS is a decent person
Re: one finger handbrake????

,..You seen what we got on are set ups and it is the best without having a dual caliper or a bigger brembo..
Old 07-08-2008, 11:08 PM

do it ryan. just do it..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Halfrican
shhhhiat i rock an 04 gsxr radial and i can lock my **** up no prob with one finger! it just takes time to get your finger all buff and stuff to go all day one fingerin the brake. youll find out that you will start to get a bruise on the spot where you one finger it...then after a while it will go away then you can rock that **** all DAY!
+1
Old 07-08-2008, 11:33 PM

crashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura about

I am in the same position. I have an 06-07 gsxr master with a fullthrottle set up and the rear does not lock up with one finger. It is a bitch to get it do about anything but slow the bike a little.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:38 PM
DC Kustoms

drgnazz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crashtest 750
I am in the same position. I have an 06-07 gsxr master with a fullthrottle set up and the rear does not lock up with one finger. It is a bitch to get it do about anything but slow the bike a little.

+1 same here, bled and bled and bled and still wont lock up, even with two fingers.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:08 AM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

Ryan you don't need it to lock up! just start riding with a finger on both and work both! if you can pull the cluch in and work the brake your good!! just try it a few time I was doinf SS coasters in about 1/2 after trying to cover both! in an hour I was doing 3rd gear SS coasters!!! it not hard and you got the skill!! GO DO IT BEIOCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR GOD SAKES YOUR AN OG!

Last edited by thehate.; 07-09-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:19 AM
WWW.IDOLRIDERS.COM

MikeOnTheBike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kntmare181
Hohey dualcaliper with a brembo 16x18 one finger lock ups.....
And one finger lock ups all day too!!!!!!!!!
If your lucky they make the streetfighter caliper upgrade for your bike.
Thats a 954RR front caliper as a rear handbrake hope this helps
yeah dude, we all just switched out to the Ho Hey Designs dual caliper with the 4 piston on the handbrake while still using our brembo 16/18 and it's like no other, the best FEEL and LOCKUP I have fealt, if you don't know what you are doing it could be TOOOO MUCH for some people, deff not the rook handbrake setup, but for somebody like yourself Ryan, you will LOVE IT!!

it's got the power to cruise about 30 or 40 miles an hour in 3rd gear while holding cruising throttle to be able to LOCK UP and kill the engine no problem with 1 finger.

Lockup is mandatory for good hard 180 stalls. you just circle circle circle gas too hard to tighten in the circle hit clutch feather handbrake and lock 'er up and wait for it to stand up and tip forward and then braaaaap a little gas and clutch slip, golden
Old 07-09-2008, 01:07 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

I just learned SS clutch stalls and SS coasters, and Im using a Magura 13mm with the stock 03/04 636 rear master with my own weld on adaptor.. Before this setup I was using a FT rear master and a Brembo 16x18...With that setup I used to use 2 fingers sometimes when I was doing something faster on the gas and there was always a 1 pump lag. Loosing the FT rear master and getting the Magura was the best thing Ive ever done. I gained power and lost the 1 pump lag when I took off the FT rear master, and I only use one finger on the HB and one on the clutch now all day every day...No more 2 fingers needed and I can bring back coasters that I let fall really far back...

And as mentioned once you build up your 1 finger HB calus.... your money!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:46 AM

da Liks is a decent person

Originally Posted by drgnazz
+1 same here, bled and bled and bled and still wont lock up, even with two fingers.
that probably has nothing to do with air in the system but with the wrong size master! get a small radial, like a 13mm.. even better?stronger than the 16!!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:48 AM

da Liks is a decent person

Originally Posted by thehate.
Ryan you don't need it to lock up! just start riding with a finger on both and work both! if you can pull the cluch in and work the brake your good!! just try it a few time I was doinf SS coasters in about 1/2 after trying to cover both! in an hour I was doing 3rd gear SS coasters!!! it not hard and you got the skill!! GO DO IT BEIOCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR GOD SAKES YOUR AN OG!
with a brake master cilinder thats way too big
Old 07-09-2008, 01:55 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

my ***** kinda getto looking but even with an 03 r6 master i can lock it up with my pinky..

Old 07-09-2008, 03:00 AM

Kliewer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey ryan I used to have the same problem as you. I ran a 16x18 on my 636 and I had a really bad habit of using two fingers on the brake and none on the clutch.. or worse yet.. two on the brake and one on the clutch. It was just earlier this year that I finally was able to kick the habit. I actually switched to a Magura 13mm and it has way more feel and power. Just keep practicing man and force yourself into it! my stalls and off the peg coasters came to me just like that.

And if you haven't already.. cut the ball off the end of your clutch lever if you're running an easy pull. I never realized it was holding me back but it was.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:21 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Im just learning 1 finger clutch/HB too. After about 3 sessions Im getting alot better, but still dont quite have the reflex to do it without thinking

Originally Posted by old man roger
my ***** kinda getto looking but even with an 03 r6 master i can lock it up with my pinky..
mine too, even at like 40-50 mph.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:29 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
Im just learning 1 finger clutch/HB too. After about 3 sessions Im getting alot better, but still dont quite have the reflex to do it without thinking

mine too, even at like 40-50 mph.
i put a set of 06 636 wheels on my 03 636 and it gave me room to move my rotor out with a spacer and because i moved the rotor out i can now put my caliper all the way down on the rotor so im using the whole brake pad now
Old 07-09-2008, 03:50 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

i put a set of 06 636 wheels on my 03 636 and it gave me room to move my rotor out with a spacer and because i moved the rotor out i can now put my caliper all the way down on the rotor so im using the whole brake pad now
nice! I have mine linked to 2 calipers.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:55 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
nice! I have mine linked to 2 calipers.
a guy that used to ride with us used to have a ho hey dual caliper with the two single piston calipers tied together and it was awsome

Last edited by old man roger; 07-09-2008 at 04:00 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:51 AM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

a guy that used to ride with us used to have a ho hey dual caliper with the two single piston calipers tied together and it was awsome

thats a pimp setup omr

so.... how did he use your footbrake, or was it an adapter setup?
Old 07-09-2008, 04:52 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by lee majors
thats a pimp setup omr

so.... how did he use your footbrake, or was it an adapter setup?
He had an adapter as well
Old 07-09-2008, 04:55 AM
also known as OMR

made it on my lathe
Old 07-09-2008, 04:58 AM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nags
He had an adapter as well

gettin a cage from ya thursday if ya got one. send the stickers seperate cuz i'm paintin it candapple red and don't wanna paint over your sticker

don't worry, i'll find a spot for it

Quick Reply: one finger handbrake????