powers crash cages yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 08:45 AM

T'RIC'KY will become famous soon enough
Re: powers crash cages yes or no?

A friend of mine had a Powers on his 600RR till he got his Sick Innovations cage, when he looped the bike once he also bent the damn frame with that bulky Powers pos!
Old 06-30-2008, 09:05 AM

MannyFresh954 can only hope to improve

ive got an SI cage for a 954 for sale...Brand new 150 plus shipping...never put on the bike or used....
Old 06-30-2008, 09:32 AM

kntmare181 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is my personal bike!!!!!!! And no one has fixed it! I sent pics to powers with no reply........I said F*ck It and got a tygershark on the same bike that is now solid as hell..........I dont know whos other 600rr you fixed but not mine and im sure there is alot of them with broken frames from your cages. Im not saying all are junk but the ones that dont bolt up to the motor mounts are......BAD DESIGN

Last edited by kntmare181; 06-30-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by KrazyWhite Rich
i am a powers sponsored rider but i don't endorse anything that i don't already believe in, so yes i ran powers' products before he sponsored me. i like matt's products and i have his products on all of my bikes. buy from powers stunt worx, you will not be sorry.

nice color choice son, that also might have been the wait. special color powdercoating always requires a longer wait time. the standard powdercoat color (black), will ship immediately if they have the item in stock. if they do not have the items in stock then you will wait a little while until they can build them. but otherwise +1 you are right, powers products are the toughest!

the clearnace issues are being resolved. especially with 03/04 636 design. my bike is going to shop within the next few weeks for the new drift happy design. the mount flat design has been working great for years and it always will. how would you improve on the design? and an ugly cage? you lost me on that one. i'll get back to the customer service below.

banging your shins on your cage happens but it only takes a few good times before you remember where the cage is and where your shins shouldn't be! LOL powers sub cages ARE solid, they just don't look solid.

so looks like powers aren't the only ones with slow service from time to time ... hummmm and i for one am not a fan of foldable subcage pegs. i dipped back too many ralph louie's and had the peg folding under my foot before i had the powers subcage.

steve i love ya man but do some maintance on your bike before you post up here. you were rocking your powers cage and the one front engine mount bolt wasn't even nutted on the back so everytime you dropped it, the cage would be just about falling off. maybe that **** cracked your frame.

i was at the shop and i saw this bike. matt and i were discussing this problem. plain and simple the 600RR is a race bike NOT a stunt bike. correct me if i'm wrong but the flat style mounting is so that the fairings do not have to butchered so you can mount a cage on it. and matt fixed this bike himself. he weilded pieces into the frame to fix the problem. who's bike is this anyway? is he on here?

the long and the short of it is this ... at least one person has something nasty to say about every cage builder out there. these cages are formed from metal and are then weilded, every cage builder can't build every single cage perfect 100% of the time. it just happens like that. all it takes is one bad cage out there and all of a sudden "that cage builder's cages are garbage!" it happens everyday, not just here in our community. you guys are smart, i don't have to be telling you these things.

every cage builder has advantages and disadvantages to their designs. it is what it is.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:45 AM

Correct me if im wrong but all bikes are race bikes and this 600RR seems to work great for stunting....Im not the only one riding them!....And whats your excuse for the Tygershark working on this bike? Sorry make sure to get your bikes straight.....This one is still craked from that damm powers cage.........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00057 (2).jpg
Views:	88
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	211221  
Old 06-30-2008, 12:07 PM
www.krazywhiteboys.com

KrazyWhite Rich is a decent person

Originally Posted by kntmare181
Correct me if im wrong but all bikes are race bikes and this 600RR seems to work great for stunting....Im not the only one riding them!....And whats your excuse for the Tygershark working on this bike? Sorry make sure to get your bikes straight.....This one is still craked from that damm powers cage.........
just because the bike has the label "sport bike" doesn't mean it's a "race bike." the suzuki katana for example, would you want to see how fast you throw it into a turn at the track??? not me, but a 600RR? sure i'd do that.

the tiger shark cage probably works better on the 600RR because of the spring loaded sliders.

i guess matt is having an issue with the 600RR cage design. i'm sure it's a problem that is being addressed.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:29 PM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

KrazyWhite Rich, what are your experiences with powers subcage?
Old 06-30-2008, 01:30 PM

DrasticDan is an unknown quantity at this point

Tygershark all the way!!!!!!!

Name:  Dancage.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  86.9 KB
Old 06-30-2008, 05:37 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by KrazyWhite Rich
just because the bike has the label "sport bike" doesn't mean it's a "race bike." the suzuki katana for example, would you want to see how fast you throw it into a turn at the track??? not me, but a 600RR? sure i'd do that.

the tiger shark cage probably works better on the 600RR because of the spring loaded sliders.

i guess matt is having an issue with the 600RR cage design. i'm sure it's a problem that is being addressed.
a race bike is a supersport bike that is raced in the ama. ie 600rr,gsxr600,r6,zx6r(previously the zx6rr which was the same design with a smaller engine). NOT a katana! and the f4i was once a supersport before it was downgraded by the 600rr. all the bikes we stunt ARE race bikes, designed to be ridden on a track. a katana is a sport touring bike fyi.

its not just one person, or one bike. if youre on stuntlife/stuntusa enough you see how many threads and posts come through with incidents of the powers cage breaking their frame. i dont "bash" powers, i tell it exactly how it is. you dont want to accept that because its a personal thing for you because of your sponsorship. i could care less about powers really, but when ppl ask im going to tell exactly what ive seen, broken frames, sever shitty customer service, clearance problems and def the ugliest cage on the market and im pretty positive if you make a poll on it the vast majority will agree. SI may have small periods where they get a little backed up making cages but powers is infamous for severely delayed shipping and never returning emails or answering the phone....these threads are on here constantly about powers NOT SI and NOT tygershark. so if you want to change the way people are thinking about your sponsors cage company dont try to change our minds with your opinion, change it by resolving ALL of the issues that i stated because those are what the problem with powers reputation are, not us being misled or misinformed by stuntlife propaganda. too often now adays when ppls customers speak, the business tell the customesr that theyre wrong instead of dealing with their shortcommings.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:37 PM

SHOCKER A is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
theyre junk for all bikes. theyre wayy too bulky, have **** clearance for drifting, and have a terrible design that mounts flat to the frame which can and does cause frame damage. and theyre about the ugliest cage i think ive ever seen, oh and their customer service sucks and ppl are often waiting months to recieve their orders.... i think that about covers it.

woudnt go that far. matt has got a good product. but youll wait longer to get it than some other cages. bottom line is there all good, never had a problem drifting with my powers cage
Old 06-30-2008, 07:21 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SHOCKER A
woudnt go that far. matt has got a good product. but youll wait longer to get it than some other cages. bottom line is there all good, never had a problem drifting with my powers cage
so youre implying that the ppl that have their powers cage hitting the ground when drifting are imagining things?
Old 06-30-2008, 08:47 PM

a race bike is a supersport bike that is raced in the ama. ie 600rr,gsxr600,r6,zx6r(previously the zx6rr which was the same design with a smaller engine). NOT a katana! and the f4i was once a supersport before it was downgraded by the 600rr. all the bikes we stunt ARE race bikes, designed to be ridden on a track. a katana is a sport touring bike fyi.

its not just one person, or one bike. if youre on stuntlife/stuntusa enough you see how many threads and posts come through with incidents of the powers cage breaking their frame. i dont "bash" powers, i tell it exactly how it is. you dont want to accept that because its a personal thing for you because of your sponsorship. i could care less about powers really, but when ppl ask im going to tell exactly what ive seen, broken frames, sever shitty customer service, clearance problems and def the ugliest cage on the market and im pretty positive if you make a poll on it the vast majority will agree. SI may have small periods where they get a little backed up making cages but powers is infamous for severely delayed shipping and never returning emails or answering the phone....these threads are on here constantly about powers NOT SI and NOT tygershark. so if you want to change the way people are thinking about your sponsors cage company dont try to change our minds with your opinion, change it by resolving ALL of the issues that i stated because those are what the problem with powers reputation are, not us being misled or misinformed by stuntlife propaganda. too often now adays when ppls customers speak, the business tell the customesr that theyre wrong instead of dealing with their shortcommings.

Thats along the lines of what I wanted to say earlier but couldnt hit up the forum at work......No bike is made for stunt we just use them that way cuz we can.......at least some of us can

AND POWERS IF YOUR SO PROUD OF YOUR PRODUCT FIX MY $1200 FRAME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by kntmare181; 06-30-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by DrasticDan
Tygershark all the way!!!!!!!

Could see where you SI sticker used to be
Old 06-30-2008, 09:00 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SHOCKER A
here ya go Andy heres proof for the haters, the powers cages just need to be broke in for drifing and the only way to do that is to DRIFT
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Last edited by 50slut; 06-30-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Registered Spammer

old duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond repute

an f4i won the wss championship back in the day too

Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by 50slut
here ya go Andy heres proof for the haters, the powers cages just need to be broke in for drifing and the only way to do that is to DRIFT
1. didnt say it couldnt be done
2. hater implies being jealous, im not jealous of anyone that puts a jungle gym on their bike for a cage
3. who the hell wants to break in a cage?
Old 06-30-2008, 10:12 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

1. didnt say it couldnt be done
2. hater implies being jealous, im not jealous of anyone that puts a jungle gym on their bike for a cage
3. who the hell wants to break in a cage?
nothing implied toward you! just proving to people that say you cant drift with a powers and trust me i agree powers cages are bulky as hell and they have the worst customer service
Old 06-30-2008, 10:47 PM

stunt954s is a decent person

i have a powers right now, overall it holds up good and fits fin when riden except drifting sucks with a powers cage and service sucks.... if i were you id go with mxd cage, they look sick and holds up just as good as my powers with out the **** little problems
Old 06-30-2008, 11:04 PM

gix*4L is a decent person

sic inovations
Old 07-01-2008, 12:12 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

IthinkItsBroke is a decent person

How bad is a Freestyle ingenuity cage for a 600rr? i havent broke my frame ,,,yet.. I just havent seen anyone even say anything about them yet

Quick Reply: powers crash cages yes or no?