powers crash cages yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 02:38 PM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: powers crash cages yes or no?

si cage doesnt hit shins, the old one did though they redesigned it

my shins are fine

get an omr cage

you guys are so stupid YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR PRODUCT FOR SO LONG LIKE OVER A MONTH IF YOU BUY FROM THEM, SERIOUSLY SEARCH POWERS ON THIS SITE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF
Old 06-26-2008, 02:43 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Afflicted
you guys are so stupid YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR PRODUCT FOR SO LONG LIKE OVER A MONTH IF YOU BUY FROM THEM, SERIOUSLY SEARCH POWERS ON THIS SITE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF
everyone on here repeats this **** over and over again and people keep on asking if they should get one. ****'em, from here on out i'm just gonna tell them to get it.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Trachito
everyone on here repeats this **** over and over again and people keep on asking if they should get one. ****'em, from here on out i'm just gonna tell them to get it.

but then there will be a million threads saying

"Dont buy powers saying powers suck, ive been waiting for 2 months and they wont return my calls and keep saying this and that and bla bla bla"

oh wait there already is a millino threads saying that!!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 03:20 PM

riceburner is a decent person

i guess no one does any research before they make threads.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:24 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a powers full cage on my 05 gsxr thats minty if anyone wants it $150
+SHIPPING and it will get to you quick
Old 06-26-2008, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Scott-
i have a powers full cage on my 05 gsxr thats minty if anyone wants it $150
+SHIPPING and it will get to you quick

im not sure i would of tried to sell a cage every one just rashed on in this thread. but what do i know
Old 06-26-2008, 03:49 PM

because someone that likes powers cages is reading this thread saying to them selves **** all these guys powers cages are the ****, and then they see that one is for sale for there bike for cheap with fast shipping in near mint condition and what do ya know SOLD ahhahahahha lol......................

Last edited by Scott-; 06-26-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:02 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

because someone that likes powers cages is reading this thread saying to them selves **** all these guys powers cages are the ****, and then they see that one is for sale for there bike for cheap with fast shipping in near mint condition and what do ya know SOLD ahhahahahha lol......................
I'm gonna start calling you KrazyScottStyle. if you don't knock it off with all this ahahahaha lol............. shenanigans
Old 06-26-2008, 04:12 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

i dont deny one bit that its a sturdy cage cuz i owned one and put that bitch through hell. its just the customer service side that i dont trust and the only reason i dont recommend them. i dont wanna see anyone on here ripped off... well... maybe a few people, lol.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:12 PM

props on the sale. all i can say is i would never buy one after reading about them. you must have not liked yours either if you sold it.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:41 PM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

LOL nice joke
Old 06-26-2008, 09:41 PM

sickinnovations for life
Old 06-26-2008, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by inolen
I'm gonna start calling you KrazyScottStyle. if you don't knock it off with all this ahahahaha lol............. shenanigans
you typed shananigans
Old 06-26-2008, 11:48 PM

i swear if one more person in this thread says shananigans im going to pistol whip them!!
Old 06-29-2008, 09:34 PM

stevestunt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wiggidy
took me 1 month to get my cage from powers and a little over a month to get my subcage... but they are tough as hell and you dont have to worry about them breaking..

should be more worried about the frame then breaking the cage....

cracked my frame with a powers......
Old 06-29-2008, 09:41 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by Juca
what u think about powers crash cages for 636 03-4?
works great just make sure it is tight before u go out. i have it on my 04 636 and it is holding up great :YEAH
Old 06-29-2008, 09:45 PM

07Rsixxer is a decent person

i swear if one more person in this thread says shananigans im going to pistol whip them!!
"hey farva, whats the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy **** on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?

you mean shenanigans? your talking about shenanigans right?"

Old 06-29-2008, 09:47 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Old 06-29-2008, 11:45 PM
www.krazywhiteboys.com

KrazyWhite Rich is a decent person

Originally Posted by Juca
what u think about powers crash cages for 636 03-4?
i am a powers sponsored rider but i don't endorse anything that i don't already believe in, so yes i ran powers' products before he sponsored me. i like matt's products and i have his products on all of my bikes. buy from powers stunt worx, you will not be sorry.

Originally Posted by wiggidy
took me 1 month to get my cage from powers and a little over a month to get my subcage... but they are tough as hell and you dont have to worry about them breaking..
nice color choice son, that also might have been the wait. special color powdercoating always requires a longer wait time. the standard powdercoat color (black), will ship immediately if they have the item in stock. if they do not have the items in stock then you will wait a little while until they can build them. but otherwise +1 you are right, powers products are the toughest!

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
theyre junk for all bikes. theyre wayy too bulky, have **** clearance for drifting, and have a terrible design that mounts flat to the frame which can and does cause frame damage. and theyre about the ugliest cage i think ive ever seen, oh and their customer service sucks and ppl are often waiting months to recieve their orders.... i think that about covers it.
the clearnace issues are being resolved. especially with 03/04 636 design. my bike is going to shop within the next few weeks for the new drift happy design. the mount flat design has been working great for years and it always will. how would you improve on the design? and an ugly cage? you lost me on that one. i'll get back to the customer service below.

Originally Posted by cojack42o
The sick innovation cage **** up your shins as well. Or i could almost say almost every cage does this.U could either buy shin guards that icon makes or buy that foam at your nearest hardware store to wrap around the cage. But i would rather get the sick innovation cage just because it could take a beating expecialy on a 636.

+1 i agree the powers sub cage does look solid as ***
banging your shins on your cage happens but it only takes a few good times before you remember where the cage is and where your shins shouldn't be! LOL powers sub cages ARE solid, they just don't look solid.

Originally Posted by riceburner
sick innovations with out a doubt!!! I keep wondering when people will catch on cause every cage thread out there over and over its SI!!! unfortunatly it took me a month to get mine but well worth the wait now. as far as your shins hitting im 6'2" and my shins do not hit. absolutly awesome cage!!!!! and for the powers cage looking strong as ****. your right it is strong as **** especially when you catch one of those solid foot pegs to your dome. GAME OVER!!! omr the only way to go
so looks like powers aren't the only ones with slow service from time to time ... hummmm and i for one am not a fan of foldable subcage pegs. i dipped back too many ralph louie's and had the peg folding under my foot before i had the powers subcage.

Originally Posted by stevestunt
should be more worried about the frame then breaking the cage....cracked my frame with a powers......
steve i love ya man but do some maintance on your bike before you post up here. you were rocking your powers cage and the one front engine mount bolt wasn't even nutted on the back so everytime you dropped it, the cage would be just about falling off. maybe that **** cracked your frame.

Originally Posted by kntmare181
Powers!
i was at the shop and i saw this bike. matt and i were discussing this problem. plain and simple the 600RR is a race bike NOT a stunt bike. correct me if i'm wrong but the flat style mounting is so that the fairings do not have to butchered so you can mount a cage on it. and matt fixed this bike himself. he weilded pieces into the frame to fix the problem. who's bike is this anyway? is he on here?

Name:  untitled1.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  57.2 KB

the long and the short of it is this ... at least one person has something nasty to say about every cage builder out there. these cages are formed from metal and are then weilded, every cage builder can't build every single cage perfect 100% of the time. it just happens like that. all it takes is one bad cage out there and all of a sudden "that cage builder's cages are garbage!" it happens everyday, not just here in our community. you guys are smart, i don't have to be telling you these things.

every cage builder has advantages and disadvantages to their designs. it is what it is.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:56 AM

7fiveO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
nope just gotta worry about em breaking your frame:YEAH
yup that's what happen to my 04 750

Quick Reply: powers crash cages yes or no?