HHD 4 piston (13mm vs. 16mm)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 02:54 PM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person
Re: HHD 4 piston (13mm vs. 16mm)

Originally Posted by Towlieee
haha

I just hate when I gas it too hard, or dump the clutch too hard, and my hand brake WONT bring me down, when my foot brake would have

I'm hoping a dual caliper with my 1000rr master will give me enough power to easily lock my wheel with 1 finger
not judging how you ride cause i dont know id say to try and smooth out the throttle more and you will see a huge difference. just look at redline jesse. he killed it with no HB. rocking seat stander circles and everything. key is to be smooth :YEAH

its not the brakes its how your riding most likely
Old 06-04-2008, 02:56 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by GSE Nick
not judging how you ride cause i dont know id say to try and smooth out the throttle more and you will see a huge difference. just look at redline jesse. he killed it with no HB. rocking seat stander circles and everything. key is to be smooth :YEAH

its not the brakes its how your riding most likely
oh I know

but if I can buy a hand brake that'll make me ride better, i'm all for it

I know its just me not being smooth enough, but I'd rather have enough braking power, then have to be perfectly smooth.

Because I'm sure I'll always be ******* up
Old 06-04-2008, 03:05 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GSE Nick
ok im gonna show you boys a secrete weapon. and im rocking an 03-04 636 master and its the ****. trust!

if you run a 4-piston setup, you could put a 1974 master cylinder on there at it would still have mad stopping power. I prefer alot of feel, I hate the on/off feeling front 18mm and up masters

SICK bike btw :YEAH
Old 06-04-2008, 03:06 PM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person

oh I know

but if I can buy a hand brake that'll make me ride better, i'm all for it

I know its just me not being smooth enough, but I'd rather have enough braking power, then have to be perfectly smooth.

Because I'm sure I'll always be ******* up
cool well i know the 4 piston hohey and the brembo work great i was just giving you some ideas. hope what ever you chose works good
Old 06-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
16/18 w/fti master works for me......i dont need anymore braking power,everybody is going over kill trying to make it better...but what do i know!
Obviously nothing squid!

Wait till I tell all your groupies in hartford lol

Just playing buddy don't kill me! We need to get up so you can teach me how to stoppie..
Old 06-04-2008, 04:12 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

I'm hoping a dual caliper with my 1000rr master will give me enough power to easily lock my wheel with 1 finger
it will, thats my current setup and it kicks *** :YEAH
Old 06-04-2008, 04:23 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Beto
it will, thats my current setup and it kicks *** :YEAH
get a Magura Beto, you can afford it
Old 06-04-2008, 04:24 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

yeah right, I do want to try one bad though, the magura on your bike had a TON of feel.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:32 PM

krazykyle85 is a decent person

magura better then brembo?

i love my brembo for both adapter on f4i an four piston on 636...
but why is magura better
Old 06-04-2008, 04:37 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by krazykyle85
magura better then brembo?

i love my brembo for both adapter on f4i an four piston on 636...
but why is magura better
I like Magura because they are easy to get at all times. You can interchange piston kits 12,13,16,18,20mm. Every individual part of the master can be purchased seperately.
If I have a problem with a Brembo and call Brembo USA, I am pretty much fucked. Thier customer service sucks
My Magura has a ton more feel and power than my old Brembo 16x18 also
Old 06-04-2008, 05:16 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

I have little input here beside the fact that I hate my FT adapter, I have tried a Nissen master that was given to me, I think it was a clutch master off a zx7, I swapped that to a 954 front master which was even worse and now I have a GSXR 1K radial, I have bled the hell out of all of them, even tried different combos of bleeding like holding the foot pedal down then bleeding the lever in hopes to push any air out..... still takes my entire hand to lock up the rear wheel.

Perhaps the all knowledgeable SO HELPFUL, STOCK05 could shed some light on the subject???????????????
Old 06-04-2008, 05:41 PM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
I like Magura because they are easy to get at all times. You can interchange piston kits 12,13,16,18,20mm. Every individual part of the master can be purchased seperately.
If I have a problem with a Brembo and call Brembo USA, I am pretty much fucked. Thier customer service sucks
My Magura has a ton more feel and power than my old Brembo 16x18 also
Is this the magura master your talking about?
http://www.haibikeshop.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1837
Old 06-22-2008, 10:20 PM

051000rr is an unknown quantity at this point

why are you suppose to trim your pads with the hohey dual caliper setup
Old 06-22-2008, 11:09 PM

Herb is an unknown quantity at this point

Because they overlap the rotor slightly. Look at the website, there is a how to.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:38 AM

Crash Nash is an unknown quantity at this point

Hhd
Old 06-23-2008, 01:34 AM

bigkapp is a decent person

my magura is like fuggin butta... smooth as ****... 1 finger lock up wit ease.. kicks the **** out of the 1000rr master i had... THANKS BROTHA ....
13mm w/ the hohey single piston on a f4i...
Old 06-23-2008, 01:48 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 051000rr
why are you suppose to trim your pads with the hohey dual caliper setup
Originally Posted by Herb
Because they overlap the rotor slightly. Look at the website, there is a how to.

i dont bother with grinding the pads, run em till they touch and replace em by the time they touch theres not much left on em anyway
i believe hoheys purpose behind grinding the pads was for the dumbasses who never maintain or check **** on there bikes or the people who just buy hb setups to have em 4 the hell of it
Old 06-23-2008, 06:34 AM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

tell u wut. my boy has a 4 piston hhd and wit a brembo it seemed saucey, all touchy feely n ****

he swapped a 04 636 master to help a freind and he went from smooth hb guy to an on off brake *****... no feel wut so ever, instant lockup.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:46 AM
scrape it son!

tigroo is a decent person

magura's freakin awesome!
stock caliper, adapter and magura 13 is perfect for anything! coud'nt get somethin i trust more!

i may upgrade to the 190 soon tho!
Old 06-23-2008, 09:30 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

I just put the 4-piston HoHey on with my 13mm Magura 190 radial and its the best think in the ******* world!!!!!

SICK power & feel. I mean words cant describe how awesome this combo is. :YEAH

Tigroo, you will have the same performance between the 195 & 190. The 190 just looks

Quick Reply: HHD 4 piston (13mm vs. 16mm)