what to do with a 636 but still keep it for great street riding

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 07:59 PM

pulser9 is a decent person
what to do with a 636 but still keep it for great street riding

Ok so i had a cbr600 that i sold and i bought a sv650 becuase of insurence reasons. but my one buddy is geting married and he is a good bit older then me and will sell me his 03 kawi 636 with 5000 miles never down clean tittle for the 3 grand he ows on it still. I was very disapointed in the sv, it was great for daily cruising and was a comforitable riding stance but i need more.

On my cbr i never did more then like high speed wheelies but id like to learn some lot stuff becuase im not the bigest fan of highway stunting.

First question
I rode with clipons on my cbr and my sv has bars. I want to keep the bike to be able to run the twisties also and daily driving. how do you guys feel that puting MX bars on your bike afected this compared to clipons in the stock position?

Next is sprockts. What is the best sprocket setup to be able to do simple lot stuff and some hogh speed stuff but retain the bikes streetability?

and i think the only other 2 things im goign to do for now to the bike is a handbreak and cage.

Any help will be great thanks guys
Old 05-17-2008, 08:06 PM

Black03R1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: what to do with a 636 but still keep it for great street riding

leave clipons for street killing setup. DB's on a full fairing minty street killer is kind of whack in my opinion. you could stunt stock gearing. or just go down one or up a few teeth in back. up 3 or something.

I wish I could get deals like this.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:10 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

My next setup is going to be a set of convertibars. Check em out www.convertibars.com. You can keep them in the stock position or adjust them however you like. Its an expensive setup but worth it from what I've heard. Gearing is a matter of personal preference. I run -1, +10 and my bike is sssssllllloooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww. I probably top out at 100. If you wanna keep your **** good for streets then just go up a couple of teeth. Good luck mayn.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:11 PM

haha whats funny about is that his wife was the one that offered to sell it to me. She saw a video of him doing a wheelie on there computer and layed the wip down. And i she realy had no idea how much its worth but my buddy told me that he wanted someone he knows to be able to enjoy it if he cant so thats why hes giveign it to me for that price.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:14 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

1st of all i think u should let me buy that bike cuz ur prob gonna hate stunting anyways cuz it costs way too much money to even have fun with it. second if u decide to get it, just flip the stock clip ons so theyre angled up and push them forward a bit and u will get a similar feel as mx bars but without all the ugliness. and my 636 is geared +7 and have no issues with doing anything in the lots or the streets.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
1st of all i think u should let me buy that bike cuz ur prob gonna hate stunting anyways cuz it costs way too much money to even have fun with it. second if u decide to get it, just flip the stock clip ons so theyre angled up and push them forward a bit and u will get a similar feel as mx bars but without all the ugliness. and my 636 is geared +7 and have no issues with doing anything in the lots or the streets.
ANd you feel you still have enough to rip around town with that sprocket? Also how dose the bike handle with the clipons fliped like that i have no experiamce with this so idk

Last edited by pulser9; 05-17-2008 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:19 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pulser9
ANd you feel you still have enough to rip around town with that sprocket?
are u kidding me? my life is 90% streets. +7 isnt a whole lot of gearing, 636's dont need alot like those f4i pigs. it handles just fine.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:53 PM

Peter Steele is a decent person

Originally Posted by pulser9
Ok so i had a cbr600 that i sold and i bought a sv650 becuase of insurence reasons. but my one buddy is geting married and he is a good bit older then me and will sell me his 03 kawi 636 with 5000 miles never down clean tittle for the 3 grand he ows on it still. I was very disapointed in the sv, it was great for daily cruising and was a comforitable riding stance but i need more.

On my cbr i never did more then like high speed wheelies but id like to learn some lot stuff becuase im not the bigest fan of highway stunting.

First question
I rode with clipons on my cbr and my sv has bars. I want to keep the bike to be able to run the twisties also and daily driving. how do you guys feel that puting MX bars on your bike afected this compared to clipons in the stock position?

Next is sprockts. What is the best sprocket setup to be able to do simple lot stuff and some hogh speed stuff but retain the bikes streetability?

and i think the only other 2 things im goign to do for now to the bike is a handbreak and cage.

Any help will be great thanks guys

You passed grade 6 English?

Old 05-17-2008, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Peter Steele
You passed grade 6 English?

haha if your refering to spelling, yea i passed but not with flying colors. And i mix up letters while typeing real bad. I will run spell check next time just for you.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:19 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

STOCK FOR **** SAKES
Old 05-19-2008, 04:21 PM

Ringmaster72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Leave the front sprocket alone and go up 5-7 on the back. That is a good setup without havin ur **** screamin on the freeway. I had +5 on my 03 636 when I had it, it was just about perfect.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:01 PM
I JUST WANNA RIDE

BOYD is a decent person

hit me up