Supermax was good, but the Avon Stom is MONEY

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 12:56 PM

Aaron Colton is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Supermax was good, but the Avon Stom is MONEY

Originally Posted by weirdsteve
i use a bridgestone sport touring tire bt021 off the top of my head??? VERY LONG lasting tire, burnouts forever and plenty of grip for circles.
The BT021 is ultra nasty!
Old 05-15-2008, 01:04 PM

DEBO is a decent person

Thats my sponsor talking
Old 05-15-2008, 04:33 PM

Nick Apex is a decent person

you have a sponsor! haha
Old 05-15-2008, 07:40 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I like race slicks. Tires designed to hook up at max lean angle, way more grip then ANY street tire, they dont cup and you can get them DIRT CHEAP from the local racers. Suck for drifting id guess but im not there yet. So much confidence on those tires for warp speed anything.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

i have a qualifier on my rear and i don't like it so much. seems to wear ok but then again i dont really do burnouts.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:12 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
I ******* TOLD YOU IF YOU KEPT CAPS LOCK ON YOUR GOING TO END UP BEING TURNED INTO A PRETZEL. IM NOT JOKING
I still get paranoid when I hear the word "pretzel".

Originally Posted by Aaron Colton
[Rant=kj] Whenever I see you pump up a product that happens to be in your sponsor list I just completely ignore it.

I like to know about things that really work... not things that just put $$ into other peoples pockets or their bikes. [/Rant end]
Old 05-15-2008, 11:00 PM

FOUNTAIN is a decent person

i like free tires cause i dont have to pay for them
Old 05-15-2008, 11:43 PM
kj

Originally Posted by crazyasscracker
i like free tires cause i dont have to pay for them
I love free anything... I stand behind it 100%. ****'s never failed me. Wouldn't use anything else!
Old 05-15-2008, 11:45 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Originally Posted by kj
I love free anything... I stand behind it 100%. ****'s never failed me. Wouldn't use anything else!
I dono man i used to run straight like back of the bike shop take off's but once you throw on a new tire you just wont be able to use takeoffs again. You can mold a new tire how you like it, It pretty much shapes to your riding style instead of having to fight some squids squared off lump of ****.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:40 AM

Aaron Colton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kj
I still get paranoid when I hear the word "pretzel".

[Rant=kj] Whenever I see you pump up a product that happens to be in your sponsor list I just completely ignore it.

I like to know about things that really work... not things that just put $$ into other peoples pockets or their bikes. [/Rant end]
I wouldn't run a tire that I don't beleive in. Considering tires are a key element of how the bike performs.

100% Honest top three Rears tire Choices

1. Bridgestone BT021
Reason : Although it is Slightly greasy at extreme temperatures it goes side to side amazingly and can hold some serious lean on wide circles.

2. Maxxis Supermaxx
Reason: Side to side feels like the Bridgestone just has slightly less side grip for things like wide circles

3. Bridgestone BT020
Reason : I actually liked this tire more than the 021 for some things but it had less grip than the Maxxis or 021 for fast circles
Old 05-16-2008, 07:15 AM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

I wouldn't run a tire that I don't beleive in. Considering tires are a key element of how the bike performs.
word. as far as street performance, my bt016 lasted me 9k miles. it's not a tire i'd use on the track but as far as longevity for street riding i'm super happy with it cuz i use my RR to commute. i'll be getting another one soon.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:00 AM
kj

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
I dono man i used to run straight like back of the bike shop take off's but once you throw on a new tire you just wont be able to use takeoffs again. You can mold a new tire how you like it, It pretty much shapes to your riding style instead of having to fight some squids squared off lump of ****.
I know man.... i was just being sarcastic.... I flat out refuse to run ANY take offs after I bought a couple of supercorsa sc2's off ebay.

I literally put it on, did about a dozen wheelies then ripped it right off and threw it in the trash.

I can't get good confidence unless it's on either a metzeler M1, pilot power, or pilot sport. M1's are my favorite. M3's are decent, but not that great.

Those are the only one's that I've tried/liked anyway. I haven't tried too too many different rears though.

AND AARON.... don't take it personally buddy... you know I'm the cheif of the stuntlife sponsor police.

I just hate when sponsored riders give product advice. You're never gonna get a TRUE honest opinion, if they're getting paid to use said product and promote it.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by kj

AND AARON.... don't take it personally buddy... you know I'm the cheif of the stuntlife sponsor police.

I just hate when sponsored riders give product advice. You're never gonna get a TRUE honest opinion, if they're getting paid to use said product and promote it.
You gotta remember, most of us (85% probably) seek out the sponsors we have. We choose a products we like and use. Trust me when I say this. Sponsors are not beating down my door, haha. Realistically anyone that supports our programs is what we use/wear and pay our hard earned money for.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
You gotta remember, most of us (85% probably) seek out the sponsors we have. We choose a products we like and use. Trust me when I say this. Sponsors are not beating down my door, haha. Realistically anyone that supports our programs is what we use/wear and pay our hard earned money for.
true statement! i personally don't have sponsors but seeing guys like lin and the struggle you DO go through to pick one up i can attest to that.

great post nick.

so are you stopping here before the tour to get lin?
Old 05-16-2008, 02:57 PM

toddy is a decent person

i love the maxxis supermax. hope they never stop making it. there £52 here in uk. which is probably the cheapest 180 tyre you can buy new. great all round tyre that dose as its told. ( i sound like a sales rep for maxxis )

but if the avons are even better, they have got to be worth a try.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:42 AM

FreezeSBFreaks is a decent person

You run a 190?
Old 05-17-2008, 03:40 PM
kj

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
True... true.

Never really thought of it that way.

Don't mind me... I'm old and cranky.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by kj
True... true.

Never really thought of it that way.

Don't mind me... I'm old and cranky.
Hell no, do what you do. I still have enough angst to question everyones intentions too. Thats a good quality! While we're all ****** for hire, we're still not important enough to be checked out. I think all of us from top to bottom go where we want to be first (there are a few exceptions). For me, I'll sell out to any energy drink out there, wont sign up for any tobacco product, and will never compromise my riding ability and sell out for a lesser product.

I'm low man on the pro card, and anything I'm using I believe in. Because I believe it will give me an advantage. For example, Tygershark cages are the **** on the F4i. When i picked them up for the 63 I didn't like them, I worked with Bruce, and now the TS cage for the 63 (the evo I call it) is as nasty as they come and I truly believe there is not a better cage out there. My bike is setup with every part i would buy. Aaron too, Bridgestone and Aaron are a perfect fit, the man races too, and racers know Bridgestone. It just so happens they make a good tire for freestyle too. Not as good as the Avon Storm, but good nonetheless, haha.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

colton, your wide circles are about as wide as my no handers...and apex, whatever you need to help you win man! hell, i'll run a shagged maxxis in new york!! lol

if the grip is there, so is the win! (hadda get my needling in! lol)
Old 05-18-2008, 12:07 PM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person

thats what im rocking right now and i seem to like it pretty well. not sure if i like it as much as the maxxis tho

Quick Reply: Supermax was good, but the Avon Stom is MONEY