lost keys cant start bike HELP

Old 05-06-2008, 09:34 PM

cbaquol is a decent person
lost keys cant start bike HELP

So my roommate lost his only key to his 600rr today and has to ride the bike to work at 8 tomorrow morning. If he doesn't find his key by then what are our other options? I know someone knows a way to get it started without having the key, the steering is not locked and its his stunt piece so ripping parts off isn't a big deal someone help please I aint driving his *** to work tomorrow I'm sleepin inThanks
Old 05-06-2008, 09:35 PM

Suicidal Antics is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: lost keys cant start bike HELP

Post up proof of ownership, and ill PM you how to do it.

Nothing against you, but im not going to help someone get a stolen bike running.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:38 PM

JoeR1 is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^What he said, its very easy to do and still keep the ignition in tact so that you can get a key made.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:42 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

+934763298476

thats how i start my bike every time...

****** pigs lost my key while i was in jail...
Old 05-06-2008, 09:46 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

thief.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:49 PM

Josh Faught is an unknown quantity at this point

screw driver in the ignition and a pair of vice grips
Old 05-06-2008, 10:06 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

yo dude , it is easy job what to do is take the gas cap off and bring to the keys store ..they ll have number to match the gas tank to have one make by computer or machine less than 10 minutes.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:07 PM

oh and tell em what kind of bike you have etc.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:08 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

the gas cap isnt the same as the ignition....

i believe a gas cap lock is like 4 to 6 pins while the ignition is like 16....

plus... you have to have the key to get the gas cap off any bikes i know of...
Old 05-06-2008, 10:09 PM
YUT UGH

Re-Micks is a decent person

Originally Posted by Big R 508
yo dude , it is easy job what to do is take the gas cap off and bring to the keys store ..they ll have number to match the gas tank to have one make by computer or machine less than 10 minutes.
didnt think you could take the cap off with out the key to unlatch it
Old 05-06-2008, 10:09 PM

hmmm buy 12 volts switch and two females splice to have two wires connect to the ignition red and pink i think. then ur all good to go. without cutting and everything.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:11 PM

I m trying to remember how i took em off. your right about the latch locked but anyhoo it was on an f4i and f4i has one all same key for gas cap , trunk and ingition
Old 05-06-2008, 10:14 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

all bikes are the same in that since... its just your gas cap and trunk dont use all the slots on the key
Old 05-06-2008, 10:24 PM

and I know for a fact that the fireblades use a resistor in the key switch... cant speak for any other bikes, but i know that the fireblades do this, as an anti-theft procedure.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:26 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

im pretty sure all hondas do
Old 05-06-2008, 11:22 PM

I went to go look at an f4i one time... started the bike, and for some reason the key switch just felt funky to me. (with the bike running), gave the key a little tug, and it pulled right out. Thats about the time i decided that this was not the bike for me.

Haha... the guy tried to say the 'tumblers fell out'
Old 05-06-2008, 11:44 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Take a different ignition switch and plug it in in place of the existing one. I was showed that about a month ago. Easy to do and pretty cool too that its that easy to swipe a bike. This was on an F4i or might have been a 600rr but same concept so it should work
Old 05-06-2008, 11:46 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
pretty cool too that its that easy to swipe a bike.
Not that I would do that for any one who might talk smack. I just couldnt believe it was that easy.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:48 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

its easier than that...
Old 05-07-2008, 12:03 AM

threekidss is an unknown quantity at this point

most of the 01 up bikes have a resistor in the ignition...... if you hotwire it the ecu will blow........ the connector that the ignition plugs into is up under the airbox and behind the radiator...... you are correct on the gas cap and ignition thing..... in fact on the new suzukis, you have to start at the trunk, move up to the gas cap and finally the ignition.....very hard locks.......

hey suicidal..... can i ask the way you are chatting about? i own a shop and we get in bikes from insurance auction with no keys, right now we use a jiggle set we have built up over the years or the pick set we have but to be honest i am not very good with the pick set, and most of the time i remove the triple and do it the hard way......pms are good or threekidss@comcast.net is the email addy.....
mark

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lost keys cant start bike HELP