Help! Riding idle and idle questions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 01:32 AM
Yut-ugh.

nickalltogether is a decent person
Re: Help! Riding idle and idle questions.

yeah, i'm bout 5'11" and foot in seat feels awkward and wobbly with me. i'll get it. just talking about stunting makes me want to go out and ride a while. my puny forearms will only let me ride for about 15 minutes before taking a break though.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:33 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by CRA$H AZ
legs locked....legs bent my bike seems to go straight 90% of the time

i actually think legs bent arms straight in staggered works better i feel like i balance it out easier. of course i'm nowhere near consistent. it may also have to do with i have more centrifugal force cuz i'm NOT on idle yet.
**** it - whatever works for you. I just notice that when my legs locked out I'm smoother all around.

Originally Posted by spoondogg
well i've been riding for 7 years, power wheelies for about a year yes. but seriously riding in a parking lot, for about 4 months
I see. Very good grasshopper Youre killin it bro.

Originally Posted by nickalltogether
the grab handle does not seem stable at all... i think i'm just gonna get a spare seat and cut a hole in it and run it when i plan to stunt.
I initially used the grab handle and thought it was sturdy but got rid of it when I started just using the bar. **** got in the way and same with that strap on the seat.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:39 AM

stuntman29 is a decent person

yeah, i'm bout 5'11" and foot in seat feels awkward and wobbly with me. i'll get it. just talking about stunting makes me want to go out and ride a while. my puny forearms will only let me ride for about 15 minutes before taking a break though.

seat is more wobbly if your not used to it...like standing with your feet closer together rather than spread way out...stance is more narrow...

and looks like you need to pump some iron if you can only make it 15 mins....or stop holding on so damn tight...

if you are hanging off the back by your arms versus standing on the pegs more I could see that making you turn to the side as well....try and put more weight on your feet and get your chest closer to the tank....

again this is coming from some one near the point where you are...maybe a bit ahead...but not much...:
Old 05-07-2008, 01:41 AM
Yut-ugh.

so that's counterintuitive... i saw in another thread someone saying to relax and lean back some, though i could see leaning forward being better on the forearms and better for later on nth and nh wheelies. and it's more the clutch that wears me out i think... i do alot of clutching in the lot b/c when i ride i go hard the whole time until i get tired haha.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:54 AM

I gotta killer index one clutch finger from racing motocross for 7 years...sometimes I use two...and thats with no ez-pull set up...

I wasnt even able to imagine NTF a month ago but since I've gone FIB I put alot more weight on my feet and now its sweet...cant go for long but can get it up for like 10 feet or so...
Old 05-07-2008, 03:03 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

the grab handle does not seem stable at all... i think i'm just gonna get a spare seat and cut a hole in it and run it when i plan to stunt.
the grab handle takes some getting use to because the bike will feel real wobbly at first

Originally Posted by stuntman29
also as previously stated work on your zeros...the no handed circles on the ground...helps you work on brake control...its not the same brake control as when the wheel is up but it still helps...me at least....
I learned those recently, its kinda a squid trick but they are fun
Old 05-07-2008, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by *Tanus*

I learned those recently, its kinda a squid trick but they are fun
yea they are squidly but if you get them going really fast and the bike tipped way over they look cool....i wanna be able to drag the foot peg...I think its totally doable but the bikes gotta be way leaned over and you gotta sit almost on top of it....also getting it to figure eight is dope...i cant yet...cant figure out if its my steering stabalizer or im just doing something wrong...

was doin em the other day...

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=33386269

Last edited by stuntman29; 05-07-2008 at 03:40 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:11 AM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by spoondogg
you don't really have to have two idle screws. just take the one out of the bottem and put it on the top. it does the same thing and i've never had a problem with it.
I dont know about that, I've heard of some people complaining that their bike ran like **** after doing that

besides, why go the cheap route anyways? its only $15 tops for another cable...
Old 05-07-2008, 11:20 AM

MurderdR6 is a decent person

well, nick has the idle mod now, i just did it for him and he didn't even have to pay for a cable...lol...

his idle issue should be solved now...
Old 05-07-2008, 11:42 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by stuntman29
yea they are squidly but if you get them going really fast and the bike tipped way over they look cool....i wanna be able to drag the foot peg...I think its totally doable but the bikes gotta be way leaned over and you gotta sit almost on top of it....also getting it to figure eight is dope...i cant yet...cant figure out if its my steering stabalizer or im just doing something wrong...

was doin em the other day...

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=33386269
I rock with my GPR on 4.5 all the time. I got so used to it that riding without it on messes me up with the bars moving all over the place. I tried rockin them zeros but am having a rough time w em. I havent really went hard at it and really put effort into it - I just do em when my wrists start hurting. What do you normally keep your damper at and what do you keep it at when rockin zeros?
Old 05-07-2008, 11:42 AM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by Beto
I dont know about that, I've heard of some people complaining that their bike ran like **** after doing that

besides, why go the cheap route anyways? its only $15 tops for another cable...
+1 I heard the same **** but thats why I said dont just take out the idle cable and leave the space empty. Take the existing stop screw and put it in its place
Old 05-07-2008, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
I rock with my GPR on 4.5 all the time. I got so used to it that riding without it on messes me up with the bars moving all over the place. I tried rockin them zeros but am having a rough time w em. I havent really went hard at it and really put effort into it - I just do em when my wrists start hurting. What do you normally keep your damper at and what do you keep it at when rockin zeros?
I got one of the cheaper style rod dampers and it doesnt matter if its all the way hard or soft it feels the same to me for zeros...i usually have it all the way hard...when tryin to figure 8 I put it to soft though...
Old 05-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Yut-ugh.

well.. the idle cable helped but i'm still bogging the bike. evidently i'm just riding it too far behind bp and just losing speed. still can't steer for ****... it's really starting to **** me off now.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:07 PM

well damn nick...i seen you when you left the house, seemed like you were holding BP and Speed pretty good before you sat it down and went on down the road...

we'll have to get together on a weekend and ride for a while, maybe i can point you in the right direction from actually seeing what your doing...
Old 05-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Yut-ugh.

I can hold the bp in a regular wheelie but whenever i go to idle i just go too far back and choke the bike down until I slow down to the point of choking off
Old 05-07-2008, 01:13 PM

gotcha...when you moving to ILM?? i can go either way to G-Vegas or ILM...doesn't matter
Old 05-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Yut-ugh.

idk what ILM stands for but I'll be in wilmington as of this weekend.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:18 PM

ILM is wilmington ******...u down there for good then?
Old 05-07-2008, 01:19 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, idle definitely ***** with you... right when you think you're learning some **** idle will put you in your place and make you realize you're not **** yet haha.

+1
Old 05-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Yut-ugh.

Originally Posted by MurderdR6
ILM is wilmington ******...u down there for good then?
yep, for at least a year.

Quick Reply: Help! Riding idle and idle questions.