V-Twin Stuntin, Seriously we need a answer

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 05:21 PM

UpOn1Fool is a decent person
V-Twin Stuntin, Seriously we need a answer

Is there anyone else out there stunting a SV1000, I mean parking lot stunts. Not I wheelie for a minute and that makes me a stunta type stuff. I, no crap need to know what type of setup is being used on any v-twin for slow and circle wheelies. My goal is to be the first guy in SoCal parking lot stuntin an SV.:YEAH

I have been going at this for over a month, in particular the oil setup. A lot of people thought that the SV would cut off b/c of lack of oil, no and yes, it is actually the tip over sensor that kills the bike around 11-12 o'clock. However the oil starvation problem may still exsits, but we can't figure out how bad!! One shop said that the enginge has to be split to get to the oil pick up to weld a Y style adapter. Another shop recommened using pro-long oil lube, because it is attracted to metal.

Anybody that stunts a SV please hit me up... and yes I have seen BJ Lannigan on his SV but no I can't find any contact info for him, anybody got it, webpage, myspace, ?? Help

In closing,
is any SV rider having a problem doing slow, long parking lot wheelies? What is your setup?
Has anyone ever used prolong in their engine for stuntin, how did it do?
Old 03-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough
Re: V-Twin Stuntin, Seriously we need a answer

HE's the only person that I've heard of that actually STUNTS the SV. Alot of people are going to tell you to just sell it and 636 or F4i
Old 03-06-2008, 05:34 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I've seen a few people stunt them. They all blow motors
Old 03-06-2008, 05:43 PM

Yea er'body gonna say BJ, but if he can do it, then I can, blah, blah... But I was trying to buy a bike but my lady won't let me buy anymore, I got 3 already and almost but an 2000 R6 track bike for $1900 yesterday and a 2000 zx6 track bike for $2000 today. My other two options are buying one of those bikes or stunting my ZX10, which I have already been doing.

What is your opinion on a cheap track bike for stuntin? And it's carb not fuel inj, but it has er'thing but armor, brake lines, dampner, race plastics, etc...
Old 03-06-2008, 05:45 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Who's that BJ guy? I've never heard of him.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:12 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

g-townscoot on here stunts an sv-1000

he hates it for the parking lot
Old 03-06-2008, 06:30 PM

Bj Lannigan he's sic for an SV rida, he got game... here's a link for one of his videos. http://www.outonparolepics.com/stuntvideos
There is a better one too, if i can find it, It's on youtube, just type in sv650 stunt and he's the only sv video for almost 3 mins, has an intro, umm, like, "July 2004 Bj bought his first bike"..... it's tight...
Old 03-06-2008, 07:37 PM

aight I'll look up g-townscotts. Here is the other link of BJ Lannigan, this cat is str8 for a newbie rida and stunta....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0b86eW8ffA
It's titled SV650 Stunting
Old 03-06-2008, 09:43 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Grant Sunday was crushin a sv650 last summer for a while I know. there's some clips of him in Josh's Beyond Repair DVD. www.controlledinanity.com

He said it was like a dirt bike... I'm sad that I never rode it before he got rid of it. Twins are a blast!
I had my RSV Mille that I absolutely loved. In first gear I could get it up high from a dead stop at a stop sign and creep across the intersection by just blippin the gas and using the motor brake, it was so damn torquey..... , but that was with only like 2,500 miles under my belt on anything with two wheels and a motor. And doing that **** on my $278. dollar a month payment was crazy!! LOL
People would **** seeing me do that on a bike that nice... I used to love watching the look on their faces through the auto glass......hahaha

Once I started clutching up second and riding them out on the highway, distance became my goal while everyone else I guess was going to the lots.... I dunno? I got lost in the twisties.....I got bit by the twin bug bad too. They are cool! Torque monsters. Mine had instant punch. I used to say instant kick, just add ***! But they are underpowered, heavy, and rap out quick, but climb there slowly.... although my aprilia reved fast like a in line 4 jap bike, but performed like an italian, you either love em or hate em.... I think.

My Aprilia smoked many SV and TL thou's so I couldn't tell you what it would be like exactly, but with less throttle response I would think that would only be better...more forgiving...

I didn't lot stunt my aprilia ever either, jsut a lil street and corner carving...... but it would creep with stock gears on one wheel in first no problem with a total rookie (me)piloting it. I wouldn't think that you would need to do too much to the gearing if I were you. Just overfill your oil and you'll be fine there. Are those 90 deg twin's or closer together? I liked the thin and long feel to them, but I could never stoppie the MIlle well either...I suck, but not once the entire 5 years I owned it from new did I ever get one high on purpose!

Damn.. I didn' t mean to write an essay! LOL sorry... I could say so much more about v-twin rockets....
I love twins, but if I were you, I'd pick a more exotic one to use if you want to stand out...

A tuono maybe?? haha
Old 03-06-2008, 11:49 PM

s0nofg0d is an unknown quantity at this point

what bout the rc51?
Old 03-07-2008, 01:26 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

just sell it and 636 or F4i
Old 03-07-2008, 01:32 AM

upp onn 1 is a decent person

well might not help too much but i used to have a hyosung gt650r (biggest peice of crap ever concieved by man but thats anouther story) it basicly had an older gen sv650 motor and i had a 72 tooth sprocket made for it i used to put it strait up and ride it for about 3/4 mile( i dare you to find the balence piont on one of these bricks on wheels) and the only thind i found was that it stared to smoke. the damn case had such a shitty design the vent was free flowing no check valve. this was pumping oil into the air box on massive levels like 1.5 or more qt of oil. i didnt care to chech what was going on till the damn oil light started to come on when ever i did eve the smallest wheelie. finally the motor started makin one hell of a knock. the oil started to pour into the motor on just the front cylender and hydro locked it driving down the road(only senerio i can see happening) too the motor apart to find the rod bearing was crushed and the rod bent slightly. and then the best thing ever happend i left my garage open and some one stole it. WOOT... but honestly who steals a hyosung over a 636????? weird thives but i would have been pissed if they stole my kawi. but the point is hydo locking is a bigger problem on vtwins due to motor design
Old 03-07-2008, 11:01 AM

gixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to beholdgixxer601 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by s0nofg0d
what bout the rc51?
rc51's def. suck for low speed stunting. you can rock them slow but it takes a lot of work. the only way i can really slow mine down all the way is to coast cause the throttle is way to twitchy any time you hit it. i dont have a quick idle adjust so ive never tried to idle it but its pretty lumpy so circles would be a real challenge. i think the main problem is the enigne pulses of a twin are way rougher than a 4 cylinder. makes it pretty jerky.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:25 PM

Aight guys I appreciate that I guess I'll be buying me anothe bike and selling my oh so pretty SV. The cost over benefit just ain't worth it right now, and I think that learning parking lot stunting would def be easier on a 600, but one day I will be that guy stunting da hell out of an SV and you'll be coming to c my shows.

Well does anyone have an opinion between a
track 00 R6, $1900 has steel braids, sterring dampner, race fairings or
track '00 zx6 $ 2000, steel braids, steerting dampner, extra parts and fairings or
a stock high mileage 01 R6 $2500.
I think the biggest possible issue is that all of these are carburated and I need fuel inj or does tht matter?