Tyger Shark Cage

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 11:57 PM

o0kawi_boi0o is an unknown quantity at this point
Tyger Shark Cage

IVE BEEN TRYING TO GET A CJ-3 CAGE FOR A 03 R6 BUT THE YEAR IS ONLY UP TO A 2002. IVE SENT A EMAIL AND CALLED BUT NO ANSWER SHOULD I JUST GO WITH ANOTHER CAGE CAUSE I HAVE MY SPROCKETS BUT I DONT WANNA BE SLAMMING THE BIKE AROUND WITH NO CAGE
Old 03-02-2008, 12:26 AM

outdoorchamp is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Tyger Shark Cage

WWW.RACING905.COM!
Old 03-02-2008, 12:30 AM

I Was Kinda Leaning Towars The Powers Cage
Old 03-02-2008, 12:42 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by outdoorchamp
Originally Posted by o0kawi_boi0o
I Was Kinda Leaning Towars The Powers Cage
both are bad choices imo

tygershark is the way to go he will answer the phone call monday.......or go with SI (sickinnovation) unless u dont mind waiting till next year for ur powers cage
Old 03-02-2008, 12:42 AM

Alex- is an unknown quantity at this point

call them up... they were the first to make an 07zx6r cage
Old 03-02-2008, 12:49 AM
use code "handy" 4 magura

stuntsteel is a decent person

they don't sell them for the 03-05. i'm sure bruce could custom make one for ya, but it'll be more than the regular price.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:50 AM

Nellie636 is a decent person

yah call monday in the mid day, he works nights so he's not up early.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by stuntsteel
they don't sell them for the 03-05. i'm sure bruce could custom make one for ya, but it'll be more than the regular price.

BTW why dont u just contribute to the site instead of laeving ur site signature after each post thats pretty obsesive?!?!?!

Old 03-02-2008, 01:36 AM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by o0kawi_boi0o
IVE BEEN TRYING TO GET A CJ-3 CAGE FOR A 03 R6 BUT THE YEAR IS ONLY UP TO A 2002. IVE SENT A EMAIL AND CALLED BUT NO ANSWER SHOULD I JUST GO WITH ANOTHER CAGE CAUSE I HAVE MY SPROCKETS BUT I DONT WANNA BE SLAMMING THE BIKE AROUND WITH NO CAGE
Tiger shark is only a good cage choice if you have an F4i maybe a few others.. But if you have a kawi, gixxer, or R6(can't remember if the 03 is open or not, if not tigershark is your best bet for that bike, get it!) where the front motormount is open, and when it more than just a lil tip over the direct impact point is on that mount, and with the weight of that cage lots of motor mounts get cracked cuz the cage is so stout and heavy somthing has to give and that's the spot. Yes I know there is a big puck springed slider.. It doesn't matter.

Last edited by mikkee; 03-02-2008 at 01:39 AM.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by mikkee
Tiger shark is only a good cage choice if you have an F4i maybe a few others.. But if you have a kawi, gixxer, or R6(can't remember if the 03 is open or not, if not tigershark is your best bet for that bike, get it!) where the front motormount is open, and when it more than just a lil tip over the direct impact point is on that mount, and with the weight of that cage lots of motor mounts get cracked cuz the cage is so stout and heavy somthing has to give and that's the spot. Yes I know there is a big puck springed slider.. It doesn't matter.
the extra tab on the left side for my 05 did crack but no biggie just got another piece of aluminum to hold it but the motor mount didnt break but i heard its great for the 03-04 636
Old 03-02-2008, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by DURTY
the extra tab on the left side for my 05 did crack but no biggie just got another piece of aluminum to hold it but the motor mount didnt break but i heard its great for the 03-04 636
Talk to chan when your in az then... He had hi mount renforced prior to breaking starting with a new frame I believe this one being his third frame, used to run fi. Showed me the cracks shen I was there.. It was on his left side too. It all depends on how often you pancake your pile.. If your putting forth any effort in your riding you should be whether beginner or Pro..

Been putting imput into mxd with there cages for the past 2years now, and have a lot of experience with different bikes and cages, and could tell you for whatever bike you have what cage will be best for your stunt piece.. Non biased..

Last edited by mikkee; 03-02-2008 at 02:09 AM.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:06 AM

Talk to chan when your in az then... He had hi mount renforced prior to breaking starting with a new frame I believe this one being his third frame, used to run fi. Showed me the cracks shen I was there.. It was on his left side too. It all depends on how often you pancake your pile.. If your putting forth any effort in your riding you should be whether beginner or Pro..

Been putting imput into mxd with there cages for the past 2years now and could tell you for whatever bike you have what cage will be best for your stunt piece..
i had MXD for my 04 a couple years back and it was good but my fairings took a beating
Old 03-02-2008, 02:12 AM

i had MXD for my 04 a couple years back and it was good but my fairings took a beating
That's cuz you didn't have an extended spring slider.. And I think the design and I also think the angle of the bends have changed a lil since then not to the eye but to where it don't roll and break ur upper tank etc
Old 03-02-2008, 02:25 AM

That's cuz you didn't have an extended spring slider.. And I think the design and I also think the angle of the bends have changed a lil since then not to the eye but to where it don't roll and break ur upper tank etc
soo u saying thats "the" cage for the 04??? cuz johnnyP has the tyger for the 04 and loves it no complaints???
Old 03-02-2008, 02:36 AM

soo u saying thats "the" cage for the 04??? cuz johnnyP has the tyger for the 04 and loves it no complaints???
Yeah the 03 and 04 are the same. How long has Johnny been rocking the tiger shark w/ no problems?? And also how often does he bash his bike into the pavement. May be fine for him or others too. Like I said just depends on the individuals crashing as well. Gota take a cage and run it for awhile.. If it lasts a season or season in a half of hard riding w/ no frame problems and you always keep the mounting bolts tight, cuz any and all cages will fail bend and break stuff w/ loose mounting bolts. Then you have a winner for that cage on that model bike.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:38 AM

Yeah the 03 and 04 are the same. How long has Johnny been rocking the tiger shark w/ no problems?? And also how often does he bash his bike into the pavement. May be fine for him or others too. Like I said just depends on the individuals crashing as well. Gota take a cage and run it for awhile.. If it lasts a season or season in a half of hard riding w/ no frame problems and you always keep the mounting bolts tight, cuz any and all cages will fail bend and break stuff w/ loose mounting bolts. Then you have a winner for that cage on that model bike.
pretty much
Old 03-02-2008, 02:48 AM

The best cages for an 03-04 kawi is MXD 3point track cage and Racing 905.. Reason being.. The back bend on both mxd and 905 is the first impact point when the bike tips over which soaks up prob 75% of the impact on most drops. Then if it wants to roll further where it would keep going to hit the levers upper or tank it rolls up to the slider which is the secondary impact point there for your front motor mounts will last longer than with a cage that hits that motor mount just about everytime. Though above I say MOST drops.. U can chuck your bike at a funny angle to where no matter what the first thing to hit is that motor mount, **** happens, but in that case ever cage would be the same and yr ******* sumthing up anyways.

Lastly I recmd 905 rather than MXD if your not in the Sandiego L.A. area cuz MXD don't have a jig for the kawi for that 3pt only the gixxer and the only way your getting one made is if you bring your bike there or he happens to have one at his shop that week..
Old 03-02-2008, 03:05 AM

Also.. SIC Nate and I have been talking to Aaron at Racing 905 last week and starting now they are using smaller diameter tube with thicker wall in some spots, and now weighs 8 lbs from what I remember. same bends shape and gussets tho but that's good. So basically it is stronger and lighter. Not on the website yet it's their new hotness. Will have one here before then end of the month.. Or wait, maybe I should go get a 20+lb or whatever that thing weighs, tigershark, bash my motor mounts into the pavement, and buy a new frame. lol
Old 03-02-2008, 04:18 AM

both are bad choices imo

tygershark is the way to go he will answer the phone call monday.......or go with SI (sickinnovation) unless u dont mind waiting till next year for ur powers cage
ill give them another call cause the cage does look sick and is about the only one thats not really super bulky
Old 03-02-2008, 12:25 PM

Looney is a decent person

What about an 05gsxr6
I was thinkin about goin with a tygershark. Any objections?

Quick Reply: Tyger Shark Cage