Tyger Shark Cage

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 01:18 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Tyger Shark Cage

Originally Posted by mikkee
Tiger shark is only a good cage choice if you have an F4i maybe a few others..

IMO I think SI is perfectly fine..

Sure I wouldn't say its better then a tigershark, never used one..

But it does give tigershark a run for its money!

My SI cage has held up to 2 people learning everything we know.. It was on my bike for a year, before it went to my friends bike for him to learn on.

When this wreck happened, I didn't even have 2 nuts on the all-thread.. Just 1..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvCO7TCIqsY

It bent the cage, I went home, put a cheater bar to it, bent it back, and put a nut on the all thread, still in perfect shape to this day :YEAH

edit: of couse tigershark is a totally different design.. But I bet I woulda FUCKED some **** up not running a bolt on the tigershark..
SI took it like a champ, 1 bolt down! lol
Old 03-02-2008, 02:27 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by Looney
What about an 05gsxr6
I was thinkin about goin with a tygershark. Any objections?
The motor mount placement is almost identical to the kawi, but the open gixxer front motor mounts are a bid more stout than the kawi so it'll prob be alright. Go for it, just always tighten the mount bolts, check em once a week or after a couple big hits.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:34 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
IMO I think SI is perfectly fine..

Sure I wouldn't say its better then a tigershark, never used one..

But it does give tigershark a run for its money!

My SI cage has held up to 2 people learning everything we know.. It was on my bike for a year, before it went to my friends bike for him to learn on.

When this wreck happened, I didn't even have 2 nuts on the all-thread.. Just 1..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvCO7TCIqsY

It bent the cage, I went home, put a cheater bar to it, bent it back, and put a nut on the all thread, still in perfect shape to this day :YEAH

edit: of couse tigershark is a totally different design.. But I bet I woulda FUCKED some **** up not running a bolt on the tigershark..
SI took it like a champ, 1 bolt down! lol
Just about any cage works good for an f4i cuz of the motor mount place ment they all do about the same. Though mxd's 3pt that's more forward helps it from rolling to the clipons and upper if you have one. That's crazy that it didn't do anything minus a bolt. Sumtimes it just hits it right to where it doesn't bend it, where as you hit it another way minus that bolt and it could completely wad it up.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:54 PM

o0kawi_boi0o is an unknown quantity at this point

I Just Got Off The Phone WiTh Tyger Shark And They Said The Reason They Dont Make A Cage FOR THE 03-05 Is Because The SWingarm Is Hollow And There Is No Good Suosrt For The Cage To Bolt To And If They Did It Would Just Damage More Stuff On The Bike. How Is Another Cage Gonna Work Then ?? ?? ??