F4I problem..HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 07:52 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of
F4I problem..HELP!!

My 01' F4I. The guy i bought it from had all the excess wiring harness crammed in the left side of the airbox.and the ignition in the stock location (this has no upper btw).I decided to move the ignition to the right side behind the frame and get rid of the excess harness **** (left control switch & headlight plugs, ect.). I unplugged this and jumped the tip over sensor at the main harness (green on one side & the red on the other). wrapped electrical tape around all the harness plug and put in front of hte spark plug caps/coils and ziptied around the crossbar on the frame. I put it all back together and no fuel pump and the starter won't turn, nothing. My fan comes on like normal and the right battery voltage, all fuses are good/and connections on the bottom of fuse box I took it back apart and plugged in all the **** i had disconnected and nothing WTF?????

Somebody help me!!

Also when i jumped the TOS i soldered and used heatshrink
Old 02-22-2008, 08:03 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: F4I problem..HELP!!

i got your pm but i don't think i can help on this one ,your just gonna have to go through every thing one at a time and see what you missed....
Old 02-22-2008, 08:05 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by old man roger
i got your pm but i don't think i can help on this one ,your just gonna have to go through every thing one at a time and see what you missed....
Yep, I was hoping someone had a solution
Thanks anyways
Old 02-22-2008, 08:06 PM

Nine54f4i is a decent person

That headlight harness HAS to be plugged in for it to work. If its not plugged in more than just the tip over sensor has to jumped. If you can Id would try to reattach the wires and jump it from the headlight harness (the TOS). I feel your pain i just pulled my whole harness out and was having the same problems. Mine just ended up being a few frayed wires and a TON of corroded contacts.

Last edited by Nine54f4i; 02-22-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:11 PM

ewalR1 is a decent person

And I Told You Id Do It For Ya........... Now Look What You Did.
I Know What Your Problem Is But I Gotta Go Outside And Look At Mine To Tell You What To Do....... Call Me When You See This.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:12 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

^calling
Old 02-22-2008, 08:34 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Eddie, I jumped the clutch safety switch but still nothing.
Everything was fine before i did this
I was having to be carefull pullin through and rotated my throttle housing so the cables are under the brake lever.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:34 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Rookie
Old 02-22-2008, 08:35 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by suicidl
Rookie
your no help at all
Old 02-22-2008, 08:39 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

make sure the 2 big grey plugs are pluged into the correct ones they can be switched. if not put it back like you had it. it was running before i assume
Old 02-22-2008, 08:40 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

i will get ahold of you tomm. time to go ride some skreetssssss:YEAH
Old 02-22-2008, 08:54 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by suicidl
make sure the 2 big grey plugs are pluged into the correct ones they can be switched. if not put it back like you had it. it was running before i assume
I put it back how it was and nothing
I may say **** it tonight and let my buddy (bike electrical ninja) help me out tomorrow.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:49 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

Damn hundos... prolly missed something when switching it all out.. or like he said corroded elect. conections.. sorry andy if I was there I could help.. but can't really give any advise other than get the multimeter out and start checking..

Or go buy a 636
Old 02-23-2008, 12:03 AM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

i had this problem one time and i had two plug in switched. there are two that are similar and will go together make sure you didn't switch them. and did you cut the white wire on tip? i dunno if that matters
Old 02-23-2008, 03:40 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DSC
i had this problem one time and i had two plug in switched. there are two that are similar and will go together make sure you didn't switch them
probably this, check the wires on the harness to make sure they corresponded to the harness your pluging in to
Old 02-23-2008, 05:33 AM

da Liks is a decent person

i did that once, confused the connectors.. only that was the fuel pump& speedometer
Old 02-23-2008, 07:52 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

I checked the connection on the 2 different grey plugs and thats fine. I have that unplugged anyways.
What are some things that would kill the ignition and fuel pump?
I can think of
1.TOS
2.On/Off start switch assy.
3.Kickstand switch
4.?