poblem with my bike...

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 01:37 AM
**** yo couch!!

Nasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the rough
poblem with my bike...

ok so i been having problems with my battery ..... an lately i been riding an once i turn my bike of an mabye 3 min later i try to turn it of the bat is dead.... like today for example.. i was just riding in my spot and by accident turned of the bike with the kill switch.. rite away i tried to turn it on an the bat was dead so i had to clutch that shyt.... is it my batter or the thingy that charges it???? can anyone help me out

thx......
Old 12-10-2007, 01:43 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: poblem with my bike...

heres what you do , push start the bike rev it up a few times to make sure it will stay running and to get the stator charging and then check the voltage at the battery while the bike is running ......

it should be higher then 13 volts if it is then it's probably your battery but if it's below 13 then you have a charging problem but it sounds like a battery problem to me because the bike runs good once it's started right ?
Old 12-10-2007, 01:45 AM
It's cold out here

csiamanis is an unknown quantity at this point

It could be one or the other or even both. I would see if your stator is charging your battery first.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:46 AM
**** yo couch!!

Nasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the rough

yeah wen i push start it it runs normal.. wen i stop an shut it of it automaticly dies....
Old 12-10-2007, 03:26 AM

lazer_fin is an unknown quantity at this point

Make sure your cables are tightly connected to your battery also look for cable damage. A bad cable or loose connection somewhere will do that.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:31 AM

Kliewer is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a charging system problem (regulator wasn't grounding properly) and the battery would eventually flat line. The bike would start to gurgle in the bottom end and eventually die. I agree with those who say it's a battery/cable problem.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:09 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by NASTYNATE3E
ok so i been having problems with my battery ..... an lately i been riding an once i turn my bike of an mabye 3 min later i try to turn it of the bat is dead.... like today for example.. i was just riding in my spot and by accident turned of the bike with the kill switch.. rite away i tried to turn it on an the bat was dead so i had to clutch that shyt.... is it my batter or the thingy that charges it???? can anyone help me out

thx......
that "thingy" is youre "poblem," ***!
Old 12-10-2007, 09:13 PM
**** yo couch!!

Originally Posted by stock05
that "thingy" is youre "poblem," ***!

lol as long as ur homo *** helps u can hate all you want thas douche bag.. lol.. we should get together sometimes an have a cup of coffee..
Old 12-10-2007, 09:16 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by NASTYNATE3E
lol as long as ur homo *** helps u can hate all you want thas douche bag.. lol.. we should get together sometimes an have a cup of coffee..
learn to spell you stupid **** and its probably your battery.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:29 PM
**** yo couch!!

i love you man......
Old 12-10-2007, 10:21 PM
motarded

jordanv3122 is a decent person

just because it shows voltage doesnt mean anything its just a surface charge. mine showed that it was charged but it was only one charged 13, not the rest. sorry i cant elaborate more lol i gotta run!!
Old 12-11-2007, 10:45 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

[T-Roy] is an unknown quantity at this point

the problem with ur bike is it has a stupid **** for an owner.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:53 PM

stuntman29 is a decent person

also pull the top off your battery and make sure it isn't dry....I've seen many of "bad batteries" just be out of acid....I just get distilled water fill it up put it on the charge of like 15 for about 80 minutes and it might save you buying a new battery
Old 12-13-2007, 10:41 AM
www.sicriders.com

SIC Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

Use this stuff: http://www.batteryequaliser.com

It's the best ever for a weak battery...it will often bring a junk battery back to life.

This stuff works so well, exide battery co tried to buy them out just to close them down.

There are only 3 components to your charging system - the battery, the stator, and the regulator/rectifier. It has to be one of those or a connection. Sounds like the battery though.

check the plug to the rectifier as well