ok.. a few ??'s about setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 05:35 AM

richfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
ok.. a few ??'s about setup

Ok.. I have a 06 r1 now.. b4 i wrecked my last bike.. i was trying to do slower stuff in first gear.. like clutchin it up to the bp then i wrecked my bike like 2 weeks after i began.. but now.. im wanting to get back into it.. with the r1.. but im wondering what type of setup would be good.. it is going to be mostly street and maybe a lil parking lot.. i was thinking a tigershark street cage.. cause i will still be able to ride comfortably.. and one of those.. subframe cages?? i don't believe i need a handbrake or anything?? idk.. input would be nice..
Old 11-03-2007, 05:46 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: ok.. a few ??'s about setup

the r1 is not a great lot bike it is much easier to stunt a 600 , you should keep the r1 for the street killin and get a nice light injected 600 for real stunting ..just my two cents ,take it for what it's worth
Old 11-03-2007, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by old man roger
the r1 is not a great lot bike it is much easier to stunt a 600 , you should keep the r1 for the street killin and get a nice light injected 600 for real stunting ..just my two cents ,take it for what it's worth
See i have thought about that.. like buy a wrecked 600rr.. and just making it a street fighter.. but im torn.. i don't really want to pony up the doe.. and buy another bike.. lol..
Old 11-03-2007, 06:02 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

well it would be better in the long run because your gonna trash your mint r1 learning
Old 11-03-2007, 06:36 AM

well it would be better in the long run because your gonna trash your mint r1 learning
ah so true.. you are wise.. lol.. i guess it is time to start looking for a fixxer upper.. what would be a good setup on that bike.. ?
Old 11-03-2007, 06:46 AM
also known as OMR

if its just gonna be for stunting then i would get a ten up a cage a twelve bar an OMR SUBCAGE OF COURSE A SHAMLESS PLUG..LOL a handbrake and don't let any one tell you that you should learn before you gat all that stuff because if your gonna stunt then you should get the bike ready to stunt .........

and if they tell you to learn on stock gear then your just gonna have to relearn when you gear it up so commit prepare and have fun......
Old 11-03-2007, 10:19 AM

JT905 is a decent person

if its just gonna be for stunting then i would get a ten up a cage a twelve bar an OMR SUBCAGE OF COURSE A SHAMLESS PLUG..LOL a handbrake and don't let any one tell you that you should learn before you gat all that stuff because if your gonna stunt then you should get the bike ready to stunt .........

and if they tell you to learn on stock gear then your just gonna have to relearn when you gear it up so commit prepare and have fun......
there isnt a better way to describe it than this... when i was learning everyone said learn stock blah blah geared up your just gonna loop or its gonn a be twice as choppy so i listened not knowing what was up and i sucked couldnt get it to the balance point couldnt even get close to 12ing i got 58th sprocket on my bike extended idle adjuster and 12 bar and within a week i was rockin 12s and now im startin to rock idle one handers and ive only been riding for a month or so ( but i do practice everyday after work now :YEAH) so like OMR said get your bike as much as yourself ready to stunt.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:48 AM

ight.. i shall do.. once i get outta iraq.. and also.. what is a good bike.. i was thinkin the f4i.. cause.. if i was home.. i would have already picked on up.. a guy from around where i live.. has one.. that is pretty much stunt ready.. damn.. this sucks.. but anywho.. f4i.. the way to go.. or 636 or ??? (seems like the 636 are a lil bit harder to acquire.. then the f4i's)
Old 11-03-2007, 11:10 AM
IDLE WHORE

JOHN J has a spectacular aura aboutJOHN J has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by richfunk
ight.. i shall do.. once i get outta iraq.. and also.. what is a good bike.. i was thinkin the f4i.. cause.. if i was home.. i would have already picked on up.. a guy from around where i live.. has one.. that is pretty much stunt ready.. damn.. this sucks.. but anywho.. f4i.. the way to go.. or 636 or ??? (seems like the 636 are a lil bit harder to acquire.. then the f4i's)
f4i fo sure..................where are you in iraq, i just got back i was at fob caldwell and worked out of warhorse..by the way you know mandy and marc?
Old 11-03-2007, 12:02 PM

JT905 is a decent person

i would have to agree... f4i the frame is stronger than the 636 and the throttle is alot more forgiving