The Great Big Small debate

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 10:02 AM

glingglo is an unknown quantity at this point
The Great Big Small debate

I am 6feet 2" and 203lbs I practice alot and i am just about doing ten combos in a straight line now and learnin pull troughs and merc to 50/50 etc... i just find it sooo hard. Also SS O combos i can do em but i am exhausted after only a few mins and have to do all the circles fast, cant seem to just idle it because the bike goes everywhere...... have been observing many different styles of riding lately from Teach and Flores to the A-Z crew and the Euro's too...

It seems to me personally that any type of combo is much harder when you are a larger man, as the weight tranference is greater which inturn upsets the the balance of the bike... I know a lot of the more slight and short riders will disagree because they want to fight their corner, but think how many clips have you seen with big big guys busting scary gary type shiot as opposed to wafer thin guys who can jump around the bike without hardly a movement!

So the question is who is best Big guys that can almost do it all and have amazing skills like Bill D or french guy Marseilles? or Darius, Jonnie do etc

My fav has to be E-dub....

Please lets here everyside of it big and small!!!!
Old 10-28-2007, 10:17 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

RocSteady can only hope to improve
Re: The Great Big Small debate

Are we talking about frame size or just being out of shape? If someones outta shape it doesnt matter how tall they are, theyre gonna have a difficult time stunting. E-dub is in shape, darius is in shape...
Old 10-28-2007, 10:20 AM

no im talking natural build... im all muscle these days but i have big bones and im tall so there is no chance of me ever lookin like edub or scary gary or darius see... what i mean is some big guys are in shape and love to stunt pro but i think its hrader to make it work when you are naturally heavy
Old 10-28-2007, 10:31 AM

I know people obviously have different skeletal shapes ( thats why there are tall/short humans ) but i dont think that effects how you look on the outside. You really dont think you could ever look like edub? Hes not that muscular so if you lost some weight you probably would, darius has more meat on him but he is really cut. My conclusion is this

Doesnt matter how tall someone is, if they are in REALLY good shape, then they could stunt just as well as the other guy. It might not be as easy because of the sport, think about it, a chimpanzee is more acrobatic then a gorilla, but that doesnt mean the gorilla cant train himself to flip around
Old 10-28-2007, 10:46 AM

ha ha you just coined my new team name!!!! "Flipped Gorrila" he he
Old 10-28-2007, 12:51 PM

Matt H is an unknown quantity at this point

big scott
Old 10-28-2007, 12:56 PM

blackdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by glingglo
I am 6feet 2" and 203lbs I practice alot and i am just about doing ten combos in a straight line now and learnin pull troughs and merc to 50/50 etc... i just find it sooo hard. Also SS O combos i can do em but i am exhausted after only a few mins and have to do all the circles fast, cant seem to just idle it because the bike goes everywhere...... have been observing many different styles of riding lately from Teach and Flores to the A-Z crew and the Euro's too...

It seems to me personally that any type of combo is much harder when you are a larger man, as the weight tranference is greater which inturn upsets the the balance of the bike... I know a lot of the more slight and short riders will disagree because they want to fight their corner, but think how many clips have you seen with big big guys busting scary gary type shiot as opposed to wafer thin guys who can jump around the bike without hardly a movement!

So the question is who is best Big guys that can almost do it all and have amazing skills like Bill D or french guy Marseilles? or Darius, Jonnie do etc

My fav has to be E-dub....

Please lets here everyside of it big and small!!!!

I feel you, i'm 6'4" 195lb and yes a lot of tricks are harder, or not possible for a big guy. It can be frustrating, but it just makes you have to be that much better to learn some of the "small man" tricks.

On the other hand being big can be an advantage, though i don't feel it out weighs being smaller. There are a handful of tricksthat are easier for big guys. Also being big helps in how we can throw the bike around, or use our size to make dropping your bike not so harsh. There is a guy on here, MIKEONBIKE, he tears it up. Sounds like your agile also to be able to merc step into 50-50. Maybe their should be weight classes at stunt events. LOL Really, it's just like a lot of other sports, there is going to be an ideal body type for each.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Matt H
big scott

Haven't seen him but from what i hear is an excellent rider. Have to add Joe as mentioned before.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:02 PM

Who is big scott?
Old 10-28-2007, 01:06 PM

guy in Texas, do a search you'll find him
Old 10-28-2007, 01:10 PM

Matt H is an unknown quantity at this point

big scott from teamstunters.com. hes like 6'7 or some ****, makes his bike look like a 125 dirt bike...
Old 10-28-2007, 01:21 PM

BeLLiSSimO1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyone forget about mana? dude was like 6 foot 5
and moved around on that bike like it was nothin.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:24 PM

yep mana is like made of string or somethin... good point . i guess its just a matter of somethings are good small but i think you get extra props for being huge and bringing the danger!

But who do you think actually looks the best in action? big or small?
Old 10-28-2007, 02:28 PM

this is me. not the best of what i got but it'll do.... oh and im big

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=19666956

BIG
Old 10-28-2007, 02:40 PM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah you look pretty big

that dude colton from stuntbling is big like 6'5 , bigger then you, weight wise too, and he is really good

i haven seen him do pullthrouhgs or anything but yeah

Last edited by Afflicted; 10-28-2007 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:48 PM

Your 203?! goddamn you dont look big at all haha props on the vid nice control

What kinda firblade did you have?
Old 10-28-2007, 04:08 PM

Azuras is a decent person

hahaha, the secret to ALL success is..... WILLPOWER!
if you think you can succeed then it can be done, if you want to do it then it has to be done, if you know you have it in you then its only a matter of time

size, age, and weight have no bearing on abilty if you have the willpower

Me, im 6'4" 300lbs (shrinking to 240. 220 at lowest due to my lean body mass) and all that means is when im up to do SS's im just higher off the ground, if i fall i will hit harder. but i have had 4 decent accidents and willpower has always put me back on the bike for the love of riding.

everyone has willpower, learn to use yours

[Edit]
note, in "and all that means is when im up to do SS's im just higher off the ground" the key word in this sentence is WHEN, yes i know i am stil a squid and unable to do them at the moment but the context of the sentence is still true, if i were to do a SS i would in fact be higher off the ground
edited to save flames
[/Edit]

Last edited by Azuras; 10-28-2007 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:16 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

seeing blackdog effortlessly jump to flamingo froggy and clutch it up from the side makes me wish i was taller.....lol
Old 10-28-2007, 04:31 PM

mack36148 is an unknown quantity at this point

i know what you mean..i'm 6'4 210lbs
just takes a little extra practice
Old 10-28-2007, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
seeing blackdog effortlessly jump to flamingo froggy and clutch it up from the side makes me wish i was taller.....lol

definitely helps to be tall for those tricks! and i'll take every advantage i can get!

Quick Reply: The Great Big Small debate