handbrake setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 12:57 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: handbrake setup

I like my setup better....but partly because its mine! I agree with OMR, more leverage is better, my middle finger is right on the tip of my brembo lever and everything functions nicely......esp. with the SFz edition HoHey bracket and Brembo 16x18 matched up together. very lil effort to use the handbrake, and thats what I shoot for....VERY LIL EFFORT!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1005071246.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	201874   Click image for larger version

Name:	1018071105.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	201875  
Old 11-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Stuntriding saves lives!

ERDMANN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
I like my setup better....but partly because its mine! I agree with OMR, more leverage is better, my middle finger is right on the tip of my brembo lever and everything functions nicely......esp. with the SFz edition HoHey bracket and Brembo 16x18 matched up together. very lil effort to use the handbrake, and thats what I shoot for....VERY LIL EFFORT!
DIDO! I like no effort too! MY clutch has the inline easy pull and the easy pull clutch! LIKE BUTTER!

Anyone ever ran a double banjo to a ho hey first model bracket, I think i am going to try it out! So basically two stock f4i rear calipers will be used when using the handbrake! the last thing i need is jsut the double banjo bolt!
Old 11-02-2007, 01:46 PM

DirtyToes is a decent person

Originally Posted by ERDMANN
DIDO! I like no effort too! MY clutch has the inline easy pull and the easy pull clutch! LIKE BUTTER!

Anyone ever ran a double banjo to a ho hey first model bracket, I think i am going to try it out! So basically two stock f4i rear calipers will be used when using the handbrake! the last thing i need is jsut the double banjo bolt!
yepp, its bin done...i think nags did it? ...there was a thread on it a few months back.

n' i already cut my hb lever so they only way to go is to have the clutch inside, which altho i havn't tried, seems fine. we'll see as soon as i get this clutch cable issue fixed.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Stuntriding saves lives!

Originally Posted by DirtyToes
yepp, its bin done...i think nags did it? ...there was a thread on it a few months back.

n' i already cut my hb lever so they only way to go is to have the clutch inside, which altho i havn't tried, seems fine. we'll see as soon as i get this clutch cable issue fixed.
Dude they are like ten bucks from the dealer! Easiest route, It took me like a month to get mine set up and working right for me.

Yah I remeber reading something on it, I was just wondering if it worked well set up like that, Like if there was any kind of lag or issues with it?

Dont mean to thread jack here but does any one know if hydraulic clutch (mineral oil) in a brake system what that might due to the braking system?
Old 11-02-2007, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by ERDMANN

screw that, I wont run one of those in line deals again. I had one and it wasn't binding or anything and that short peice of cable was fraying out!

I have a moose ez-pull and had to get a new lever, so put an MSR raptor lever in the moose perch and set it on the easiest setting, THEN I also had my buddy Andy Clem weld a 3/4" extension on the clutch arm on the top of the clutch cover.......thats BUTTER, and I can rely on it!:YEAH

Also, I ran my clutch cable outside the frame and between the shoulder and the frame, sticks out, but works fine.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:12 PM

DirtyToes is a decent person

if u mean the brembo lever is $10...**** no! where?! everywhere i've seen it, its at least $40.

but regardless, i'm gonna try wat nags said with the hb on the outside and see how i like it....if i don't then i'll get another lever n' put it on the outside...but u got a link to where i can get 'em or $10?
Old 11-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Stuntriding saves lives!

screw that, I wont run one of those in line deals again. I had one and it wasn't binding or anything and that short peice of cable was fraying out!

I have a moose ez-pull and had to get a new lever, so put an MSR raptor lever in the moose perch and set it on the easiest setting, THEN I also had my buddy Andy Clem weld a 3/4" extension on the clutch arm on the top of the clutch cover.......thats BUTTER, and I can rely on it!:YEAH

Also, I ran my clutch cable outside the frame and between the shoulder and the frame, sticks out, but works fine.
I have had mine for eight months not one fray! I know a kid that had one but he had it mounted at a harsh angle, and it frayed in two weeks, you just have to mount it right,

You got any pictures of this welding, I am not really following what your talking about

One less moving part would be nice!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 02:56 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

SFz edition HoHey bracket and Brembo 16x18 matched up together. very lil effort to use the handbrake, and thats what I shoot for....VERY LIL EFFORT!
i couldn't agree more i have had a few set ups and this one is the best!!! but i run mine on top. i have tried and tried to switch but i just don't like it
Old 11-02-2007, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by dscamry
i couldn't agree more i have had a few set ups and this one is the best!!! but i run mine on top. i have tried and tried to switch but i just don't like it
run what ya like bro! I wont hate on ya for having a GAY setup!

and I dont have any pics, but I think OMR might. for some reason I was thinking he did it to his 636, its the same concept.
look at your clutch cover on the right side, at the top of it you have the arm that turns the shaft inside the clutch cover. That flat arm that is pulled on by the clutch cable is whats made longer. Basically cut it, added a 3/4" long peice of similar sized steel to it and welded everything back up.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:17 PM

pixel 6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine will be this:

I Just got the bars, so this is just a mock-up... But as near as I can tell it will be this setup. I'll have to cut the little tear-drop bit off the end of the clutch of corse. but I think this will work nice.

From this it'll be a steel braided line to the original rear, using a full throttle adapter... and then the stock rubber line to the brake.

Yeah? no?

- Pixel -