Slow Wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 11:33 PM

trickshow is a decent person
Slow Wheelies

I just learned how to bring my bike up in first gear and ride it out. Its been 2 days and im getting sick of riding out a wheelie in first gear to 60 mph. I dont want to be a squid and do 100 mph wheelies, i want to learn how to CONTROL my bike in a wheelie so i can do them slow. So im asking if anyone who can give me some tips of the best way to learn how to slow down a wheelie in first gear. I know i have to use the back brake ... but how? I heard you can just bring it up in first and just use throttle to control and engine braking to control slow wheelies. How should i learn how to do it?
Old 10-26-2007, 12:12 AM
Tell your mom thanks

Harbourone is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Slow Wheelies

Find your BP early in the whoolie so you dont have to chase it to 60MPH.

To slow em down, drop it back past bp and use your back break to slow down.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:15 AM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

after you wreak your bike 63 times you will have it!!!!....have fun!
Old 10-26-2007, 12:31 AM

Timmy P is a decent person

Get a Honda 50 and learn on that. When you can slow down a wheelie on a 50 with out waddining up.. Then you can attemp it on a big bike. But if your gonna go for it... Next time you do a wheelie. just rub on the foot brake just a little while trying your wheelie.. just to feel what it does and have that mental instinct to know where it is and that it will save your ***. then when you feel comfortable hitting that brake while in a wheelie bring that bitch back . when it feels like you need to hit the brake you probly need to.. if you didnt atleast your covering that ****. Good luck.. P.S. raise your idle to about 3,500
Old 10-26-2007, 12:58 AM

trickshow is a decent person

i dont have a fiddy so im just gonnahave to learn on my f4. ......got no work tomorrow.....wish me luck ....im gonna have it on video lol "noob attempting slow ****"
Old 10-26-2007, 12:58 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

what does a brake do?...... it slows you down....

learn to use your rear brake.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:33 AM
soon to be retired

ExtremeAcres is an unknown quantity at this point

2 days and you're getting tired of it ???

You might as well realize now.... this **** dont come overnight.

Plan on Being Bored for Many many Days OF Practice.... Thousands and thousands of launches....improvements day to day are usually miniscule...and some days it even feels like you've digressed then other Days (the good ones) You can tell that you've made progress(those days are the "Motivators" to keep plugging away on the "not so good"..."Boring" days )

when you have ridden 2000 of those "first gear launches" you will see how much your throttle control has improved.

and to slow them down....Launch them at 0 to 2 or 3 mph.(with your idle at about 3000)..and "pop" them straight to BP and "catch them with your rear brake Sound easy ??? they are :YEAH AFTER about 2000-5000 launches ...they arent gonna happen the first time you try or the 50th time you try.... The Whole Deal , is teaching Your body and Mind "muscle memory" and training your Senses (your equilibrium) to "feel and react" to what's going on .

SORRY this got so long...but it is my detailed explanation of why everyone who know whats going on ....Says...PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE
Old 10-26-2007, 10:40 AM

Nine54f4i is a decent person

Originally Posted by thehate.
after you wreak your bike 63 times you will have it!!!!....have fun!

Hahah so true.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:53 AM

crazy636stunter is a decent person

Originally Posted by trickshow
I just learned how to bring my bike up in first gear and ride it out. Its been 2 days and im getting sick of riding out a wheelie in first gear to 60 mph. I dont want to be a squid and do 100 mph wheelies, i want to learn how to CONTROL my bike in a wheelie so i can do them slow. So im asking if anyone who can give me some tips of the best way to learn how to slow down a wheelie in first gear. I know i have to use the back brake ... but how? I heard you can just bring it up in first and just use throttle to control and engine braking to control slow wheelies. How should i learn how to do it?
do you mean idle wheelies, or slow street wheelies? if your talking about slow wheelies on the street, do not turn your idle up! if your not good with your brake than your engine brake is your friend.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:01 AM

YodaCon is an unknown quantity at this point

That was a long explanation but I couldn't have said it better. Just remember when you get past your bp dont bail hit the brake
Old 10-26-2007, 11:10 AM

VerticalLimits is a decent person

I think i have yet to see a newb NOT bail... part of learning i guess...
Old 10-26-2007, 11:25 AM

Decimation is a decent person

Originally Posted by VerticalLimits
I think i have yet to see a newb NOT bail... part of learning i guess...
For sure...I just started learning not to bail....then guess what? Then there is the " Oh **** im running behind my bike and im not pulling in the clutch!" wrecks!!! Good luck mang!
Old 10-26-2007, 12:10 PM

JT905 is a decent person

Originally Posted by ExtremeAcres
2 days and you're getting tired of it ???

You might as well realize now.... this **** dont come overnight.

Plan on Being Bored for Many many Days OF Practice.... Thousands and thousands of launches....improvements day to day are usually miniscule...and some days it even feels like you've digressed then other Days (the good ones) You can tell that you've made progress(those days are the "Motivators" to keep plugging away on the "not so good"..."Boring" days )

when you have ridden 2000 of those "first gear launches" you will see how much your throttle control has improved.

and to slow them down....Launch them at 0 to 2 or 3 mph.(with your idle at about 3000)..and "pop" them straight to BP and "catch them with your rear brake Sound easy ??? they are :YEAH AFTER about 2000-5000 launches ...they arent gonna happen the first time you try or the 50th time you try.... The Whole Deal , is teaching Your body and Mind "muscle memory" and training your Senses (your equilibrium) to "feel and react" to what's going on .

SORRY this got so long...but it is my detailed explanation of why everyone who know whats going on ....Says...PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE
that is the best damn summary ive seen yet!! its amazing the more and more u focus on catching it past the balance point with the rear break the more and more your body starts doing it automatically