f4i kleen air mod??????????

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 04:46 PM

SliverR6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: f4i kleen air mod??????????

Originally Posted by EZEC
what size t fitting do you need i'm to lazy to rip it apart....
+1
Old 09-17-2007, 04:56 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Not only the size

but do we need another hose also?

Whats with the clear hose in the picture? Gotta buy that also?
or just the T-fitting?
Old 09-17-2007, 05:11 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

i think its 5/8 but not 100% if not 5/8 its 1/2 i used all stock hoses
Old 09-17-2007, 05:47 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote=old man roger;2942830]

huummm soooo take off two tubes from the airbox and connect it like the clear hose??? block off the holes on the air box???
so am i correct................
i have a t fitting and some clear hose.........

Last edited by havok; 09-17-2007 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:28 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Thats usefull information....
just take the hose with you, is what i'm saying. that way u know for sure. i've wasted many trips to the hardware store in the past by just going off measurments and that **** can be frustrating. now i bring the part with me if i can. my gripe was because everyone on here has already supplied the knowledge multiple times and i've even summed it up in a previous post. any more and cats are gonna want these guys to do the work for them.

Originally Posted by havok

huummm soooo take off two tubes from the airbox and connect it like the clear hose??? block off the holes on the air box???
so am i correct................
i have a t fitting and some clear hose.........
yup, but the guys who reused the valve instead of the T, gutted it first so it would remain open. they also left the valve plugged in electronically.

"i have a t fitting and some clear hose..." Get to work then, solja. let us know how it comes out.

Last edited by Trachito; 09-17-2007 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:34 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Not only the size

but do we need another hose also?

Whats with the clear hose in the picture? Gotta buy that also?
or just the T-fitting?
this pic didnt involve the t fitting. what they did was gut the valve and ran a hose from the valve cover to the valve, then disconnected and discarded the hoses that went to the airbox, and plugged the airbox ports.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:39 PM

im not to sure about gutting that thing....soo how do i use the tee instead
Old 09-17-2007, 10:19 PM
soon to be retired

ExtremeAcres is an unknown quantity at this point

1/2 inch plastic t fitting .... 2 bucks at any auto parts store... no hoses needed... all stock clamps can be used....you get to actuxally remove some weight and crap there which cleans up that area behind the steering head

(a bundle of wires could be hidden there on a street fightered bike )
Old 09-17-2007, 10:30 PM

BigBalla is an unknown quantity at this point

Trachito, I'm gonna help ya out cause your from the Lou

I wont go into intense detail, if you have more questions, ask.

You are tyring to do 2 things:
1. Remove Emissions (reducing popping/improve exhaust scavenging)
2. Keep oil out of the air box upon tipover

both are related, read on.

Understanding Emissions:
Pulsed Air Injection Reed Valve (PAIR) supplies the exhaust manifold with fresh air to reduce the Hydrocarbons (HC-unburned fuel) and Carbon Monoxide (CO-partially burned fuel) emitted by allowing them to continue to burn. In a car these are further redueced by turning into Water (H2O) and Carbon Dioxide (CO2) through a catalytic converter.

f4i's use an electronic vavle to control the fresh air supply to the exhaust (dependent on open or closed loop operation). The fresh air is taken from the large hose at the rear of the airbox. Crankcase blowby is also recycled through the airbox.

**To eliminate emissions - f4i**

1. Block off reed valves - you can use block off plates, or vaccum caps

Then block off port on the rear of the airbox. DONE!

Understanding blowby gasses:
Crankcases experience blowby gasses because piston rings don't completely seal off the combusiton chambers. These gasses include HC, CO, sulfur and acid. If not expelled, these gasses can eventually cause corrosion of engine parts, dilution of engine oil and formation of sludge. Engine systems generally employ PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valves to remove these gasses and direct them back to the intake manifold to be burnt in the combustion cycle.

f4i's simply have a hose from the crankcase breather located at the top of the valve cover that connects to the front of the airbox. (Air is constantly circulated)

**Keeping oil out of the airbox upon tipover**

1. Block front port of airbox.

then find something to do with the crankcase breather hose.
-----------------------------------
My theory on a stuntbike crank breather

A vaccum cap with a small hole at the end might work. And if the bike was inverted a vaccum would be created in the crankcase and not allow any oil to leave the very small hole. (Like a heinz ketchup bottle.) - someone try this and let me know

I use the hose that originally went to the rear of the airbox and routed it down by the stator. It is long enough so that physics should hold true, and in the event of a complete flip oil will not flow out, but simply equalize until flipped over, becuase the end of the hose would be higher than the oil level.

Good night!
Old 09-17-2007, 10:47 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

ok f4i people just hook the crank case vent tube[big tube that is on the left side of the valve cover]to a plastic t and put the plastic t in place of the pair valve on top of your valve cover and then block off the hole left in your air box......................

this mod works and it increases power it has been proven again and again just dooooooooooooooo iiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ...lol
Old 09-17-2007, 10:52 PM

BigBalla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
ok f4i people just hook the crank case vent tube[big tube that is on the left side of the valve cover]to a plastic t and put the plastic t in place of the pair valve on top of your valve cover and then block off the hole left in your air box......................

this mod works and it increases power it has been proven again and again just dooooooooooooooo iiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ...lol
unless your flip stoppies once a week. lol
Old 09-17-2007, 10:53 PM

wait... how do u do it again??
Old 09-17-2007, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by BigBalla
Trachito, I'm gonna help ya out cause your from the Lou

I wont go into intense detail, if you have more questions, ask.

You are tyring to do 2 things:
1. Remove Emissions (reducing popping/improve exhaust scavenging)
2. Keep oil out of the air box upon tipover

both are related, read on.

Understanding Emissions:
Pulsed Air Injection Reed Valve (PAIR) supplies the exhaust manifold with fresh air to reduce the Hydrocarbons (HC-unburned fuel) and Carbon Monoxide (CO-partially burned fuel) emitted by allowing them to continue to burn. In a car these are further redueced by turning into Water (H2O) and Carbon Dioxide (CO2) through a catalytic converter.

f4i's use an electronic vavle to control the fresh air supply to the exhaust (dependent on open or closed loop operation). The fresh air is taken from the large hose at the rear of the airbox. Crankcase blowby is also recycled through the airbox.

**To eliminate emissions - f4i**

1. Block off reed valves - you can use block off plates, or vaccum caps

Then block off port on the rear of the airbox. DONE!

Understanding blowby gasses:
Crankcases experience blowby gasses because piston rings don't completely seal off the combusiton chambers. These gasses include HC, CO, sulfur and acid. If not expelled, these gasses can eventually cause corrosion of engine parts, dilution of engine oil and formation of sludge. Engine systems generally employ PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valves to remove these gasses and direct them back to the intake manifold to be burnt in the combustion cycle.

f4i's simply have a hose from the crankcase breather located at the top of the valve cover that connects to the front of the airbox. (Air is constantly circulated)

**Keeping oil out of the airbox upon tipover**

1. Block front port of airbox.

then find something to do with the crankcase breather hose.
-----------------------------------
My theory on a stuntbike crank breather

A vaccum cap with a small hole at the end might work. And if the bike was inverted a vaccum would be created in the crankcase and not allow any oil to leave the very small hole. (Like a heinz ketchup bottle.) - someone try this and let me know

I use the hose that originally went to the rear of the airbox and routed it down by the stator. It is long enough so that physics should hold true, and in the event of a complete flip oil will not flow out, but simply equalize until flipped over, becuase the end of the hose would be higher than the oil level.

Good night!
damn, all of that made perfect sense. thanks a bunch, bro. regarding ur theory on the small hole on the vacuum cap, it makes sense but i dont think it'll work. in theory, ur saying the hole would be too small to allow the exchange between outside air and oil within the valve cover through the hole, therefor preventing oil to leak outside. However, oil can get pretty thin when it's hot. it wouldnt just stick to the crank case because of it's fluid properties. it would move around to the vacuum cap and where a bubble of air can rise through the oil and then allow the oil to slowly drip out, especially since there would be a vacuum created just before the bike tips over. air would be sucked in through the tiny hole and the bike would spew out oil. thats my guess.

as far as the hose by the stator cover, yeah, that sounds like it'll work, but isnt that what guys do when they put a drip bottle on their ****?? and the drip bottle does tend to fill up.

Last edited by Trachito; 09-17-2007 at 11:15 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:24 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by BigBalla
unless your flip stoppies once a week. lol
why would that matter
Old 09-17-2007, 11:29 PM

im not to sure about gutting that thing....soo how do i use the tee instead

page 5, post #97

...ur just seeing how far u can pull a jackass without a rope, arent u?? LOL
Old 09-17-2007, 11:50 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

lol well I still havent done it, but these last posts sure did make everything seem easier...besides bigballa's he just threw me off, I thought he was talking about the same kleen mod, but turns out after reading the thread again I realized he was talking about something else

Last edited by Beto; 09-17-2007 at 11:52 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:37 AM

SliverR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

What about the hole in the right side of your airbox? Still got to plug that one too right.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:59 AM

Old 09-18-2007, 10:14 AM

disconnect hoses 1, 2, and 4 just like u described and connected them together in the t. hose 3 goes in the gaaabage. plug the two holes in the airbox where 3 and 4 were connected. leave the valve alone or trash it if u want. the end.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Trachito
disconnect hoses 1, 2, and 4 just like u described and connected them together in the t. hose 3 goes in the gaaabage. plug the two holes in the airbox where 3 and 4 were connected. leave the valve alone or trash it if u want. the end.

now does it matter which way...

so like 1,2 on the sides of the t and #4 on the bottom of the t....

Quick Reply: f4i kleen air mod??????????