f4i kleen air mod??????????

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 12:51 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: f4i kleen air mod??????????

for $2.....I'll give it a shot and see how it works.
I sent ya a PM DSCamry, if you could, post a pic you got of the finished project, or us microsoft paint and color in some red lines or somin if you could to show what goes where. Just to clarify. I'm from Missouri, the "SHOW ME" state! hahaha

Hoping this will help, I love my F4i, but it does bog ad is a bit of a pig sometimes.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:56 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Old 09-15-2007, 10:26 AM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
I dont think it is like that, but Im going to pull the cover on my spare motor to see.
i can understand not having faith in me, but you must have faith in omr, for he is wise in the way of stunting and stunt bikes
Old 09-15-2007, 10:34 AM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
for $2.....I'll give it a shot and see how it works.
I sent ya a PM DSCamry, if you could, post a pic you got of the finished project, or us microsoft paint and color in some red lines or somin if you could to show what goes where. Just to clarify. I'm from Missouri, the "SHOW ME" state! hahaha

Hoping this will help, I love my F4i, but it does bog ad is a bit of a pig sometimes.
haha for the bit of amusment im gonna post the drawing i told you about. but the pic that omr posted is the pic i was talking about aswell

enjoy
Name:  kleenairmod.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  15.1 KB
Old 09-15-2007, 01:29 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

im old i know stuff......lol
Old 09-15-2007, 07:55 PM

BigBalla is an unknown quantity at this point

this should clear some **** up

a little blurry on the exh port shots, but the arrows clearly show the port to the reed vavles

enjoy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cover_top.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	199954   Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	199955   Click image for larger version

Name:	head_cover.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	199956   Click image for larger version

Name:	exh_vent1.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	199957   Click image for larger version

Name:	exh_vent2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	199958  

Old 09-15-2007, 08:05 PM

for the slow people:

the reed valves are directed towards the exhast ports (one way)

the 3rd port off the valve cover is an open (2 way) vent that connects to the unfiltered side of the airbox.

By connecting all three of these with a "T" as described above, the crankcase vents directly to the exhaust via the reed valves!
Old 09-15-2007, 09:06 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BigBalla
for the slow people:

the reed valves are directed towards the exhast ports (one way)

the 3rd port off the valve cover is an open (2 way) vent that connects to the unfiltered side of the airbox.

By connecting all three of these with a "T" as described above, the crankcase vents directly to the exhaust via the reed valves!
question, unrelated to the mod but related to the mechanics of the bike: The 3rd port then must feed into the motor if it's going into the airbox to be filtered. Why recycle the air from the valve cover port into the motor?
Old 09-15-2007, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Trachito
Why recycle the air from the valve cover port into the motor?
Edit to my last post: the 3rd port, crankcase breather, runs open from the valve cover to the FILTERED side of the air box.

*There is no port that is ran before the filter.

To answer your question. In stock form, crankcase gasses are pulled into the airbox from the valve cover, through intake vacuum, and burnt in combustion to control emissions.

***VERY IMPORTANT***
Anyone doing the above modification will be feeding oil directly into the exhaust ports after a tipover!

blocking off the pair reed valve ports will increase performance, but the breather hose should be left to atmosphere with some sort of filter. PCV valves could be used too.

hopefully this makes sense heres a couple pics of the airbox vents with breather hose.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	airbox_crankvent.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	200004   Click image for larger version

Name:	arbox_vents_top.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	200005   Click image for larger version

Name:	airbox_vents.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	200006  
Old 09-16-2007, 08:58 PM
soon to be retired

ExtremeAcres is an unknown quantity at this point

To all who gave Info in this Thread

THANK YOU SINCERELY

I'm a rookie...who just happens to be learning idle at this moment in time...( and I'm a slow learner...so it's taking a few weeks.... I dont pick **** up quick, like some of you "Naturals"

Anyways....I did this Mod today...and went out and practiced.... and it was an awesome Improvement !!!!!(for $1.99 t -fitting)

I feel like I progressed about 2 weeks worth (just from the Mod !! )

Thanks Again....you guys ROCK !!!

I'll be doing my other f4i tomorrow :YEAH
Old 09-16-2007, 10:15 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dscamry
i can understand not having faith in me, but you must have faith in omr, for he is wise in the way of stunting and stunt bikes
I'll never doubt him again
Old 09-17-2007, 01:50 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
I'll never doubt him again
never ????

umm if you send me half your paycheck for life you will live longer
Old 09-17-2007, 01:41 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Holy **** why didnt I do this 2 years ago Just changed my 04 636 and my buddies 06 636 setup to this and I had to lower my idle and got sit down no handers day 1......I was struggleing with them for a while.....**** the bikes pull so much stronger without the oil mist going into the air box......

Did it to my bone stock street bike and Im lovin the stock geared 636
Old 09-17-2007, 02:10 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by old man roger

umm if you send me half your paycheck for life you will live longer
the checks in the mail, half of 0 is 0 right lol
Old 09-17-2007, 03:23 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

ok soooo how is this done.....no im not trying to piece together info from 6 pages....to much back and forth do this do that,,no it like this..etc..

ok ill start
1.tank tank off.
2.take off air box.
3.???? please continue
Old 09-17-2007, 03:40 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

To answer your question. In stock form, crankcase gasses are pulled into the airbox from the valve cover, through intake vacuum, and burnt in combustion to control emissions.
So the mod is illegal??... like i care either way.

blocking off the pair reed valve ports will increase performance, but the breather hose should be left to atmosphere with some sort of filter. PCV valves could be used too.
ok, so doing the mod this way (which, i'm assuming involves just connecting the two other hoses with a simple fitting) will prevent a vacuum from forming inside the crank case, unlike the T method. however, a tipover will cause oil to come back up the breather hose, through the filter, and onto the bike/ground, no?

sorry that i keep bringing this **** up but i'm enjoying learning all this.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by havok
ok soooo how is this done.....no im not trying to piece together info from 6 pages....to much back and forth do this do that,,no it like this..etc..

ok ill start
1.tank tank off.
2.take off air box.
3.???? please continue
this is my understanding of the T method for the f4i after following this thread:

1 take off gas tank
2 remove airbox
3 remove hose that leads to bottom of airbox altogether
4 disconnect two hoses from the valve that the hose in #3 was connected to (but leave them connected to the crank case)
5 disconnect hose from the top of airbox (but leave it connected to the valve cover)
6 using a T, connect the hose in #5 to the two hoses in #4
7 thuroughly plug ports in airbox where the hoses used to go
8 put everything back together

i think i got it all covered here. anybody, lemme know if i missed something.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:14 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

what size t fitting do you need i'm to lazy to rip it apart....
Old 09-17-2007, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by EZEC
what size t fitting do you need i'm to lazy to rip it apart....
take it to a mechanic
Old 09-17-2007, 04:45 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Trachito
take it to a mechanic
Thats usefull information....

Anyone know what size it is off the top of their head?

Gettin rdy to grab some cage nuts n bolts from the hardware store, wanna pick up a t-line while im there

Quick Reply: f4i kleen air mod??????????