so i am now scared to wheelie my gsxr

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 04:06 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold
Re: so i am now scared to wheelie my gsxr

Originally Posted by KennyCBR600F3
this isnt the first one that happened.... i work for a dealership in orlando, fl and we had 2 of these come in like this with the same scenerio... its a defect from the factory... its only on the 06's... suzuki knows about it....
and they keep on selling them

dont they
Old 06-05-2007, 04:07 PM

Trentl40 is a decent person

Originally Posted by KennyCBR600F3
this isnt the first one that happened.... i work for a dealership in orlando, fl and we had 2 of these come in like this with the same scenerio... its a defect from the factory... its only on the 06's... suzuki knows about it....

All gsxrs have weak frames my buddy has an 02 750 with 5 crackes in his frame, gsxrs suck
Old 06-05-2007, 04:26 PM

Paul is an unknown quantity at this point

+1 All gsxr frames crack!Had a 98 750 both sides iof the frame were cracking.2000-2003 same thing everybody that I knew that had one had stress cracks under the tank,And there was a 1000 that the neck was crackin right off the frame!**** Gixxers.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:32 PM

mxracer95 is an unknown quantity at this point

If the 06's really have a problem with breaking frames, it's a serious liability issue that warrants a recall. If it's a common problem, Suzuki will have a pretty serious lawsuit to deal with.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:36 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Go ride yours a little more and then get started on that law suit
Old 06-05-2007, 04:37 PM

Nick StuntMetal is an unknown quantity at this point

holy **** that would suck...its one thing to break it in a lot, but on the highway would be some scarry ****.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:38 PM

mxracer95 is an unknown quantity at this point

If your GSXR frames are breaking, do something about it!

Go File a Complaint
Old 06-05-2007, 04:48 PM

mikkee is a decent person

I got 4 cracks in my 00-03 750.. They seem to all crack in the same spot both sides around the neck and right under the gastank right behind the first frame weld. Of course none of these bikes were made to bee wheelied and mousetrapped repeatedly, and that is more than likely the weak point when coming down from wheelies by placement of the motormounts.

I was lucky and was able to spot the cracks and get them plated and welded up. Been welded like that for the past year and it's fine. Just checked it last week actually.

As for the guy with the 06 I'm sure he had long cracks behind the frame that wern't seen for it to snap like that. - and how others are saying they're cracking in the same spots, well check your **** every other time you ride and if you see em starting to crack, get em plated and welded.

Or OR!! Get that area where it's notorious of cracking plated ahead of time and shouldn't have to worry about it. 2cent
Old 06-05-2007, 04:53 PM

tremblemcp is an unknown quantity at this point

from orlando, i heard that this was happening, until i just seen this pics, i didn't believe it!

hope for a full recovery!
Old 06-05-2007, 04:58 PM
street killa

BOB WITTMAN will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DBOUNCE1
damn that chick in that second pic is dyno
hell yeah i` call dibbs!!! hahahahaha

could`ve been a defect... thats why its good to have insurance...

i wheelie mine like its the last thing i`ll be able to do and i never had a prob!
Old 06-05-2007, 05:09 PM

Bubash is an unknown quantity at this point

sure blame the bike, weve all came down hard before thats alot of force slammin down at any speed after a couple good slams courtesy of inexperience, or fear and the back brake ***** gonna brake. but i feel bad for dude no one deserves to wreck due to mechanical failure
Old 06-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

just like the newer zx10's....its like they brazed the frame instead of welding it...
Old 06-05-2007, 05:26 PM
This.. is my boomstick!!

kawaslut is a jewel in the roughkawaslut is a jewel in the roughkawaslut is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by inolen
Go ride yours a little more and then get started on that law suit
bahahahha
Old 06-05-2007, 05:34 PM

Guru is a decent person

im sellin my gsxr now......

ill just keep my f4i!!
Old 06-05-2007, 05:35 PM

john3/1 is an unknown quantity at this point

what the hell do they make gsxr's out of paper mache, i guess thats how you spell it idk, i guess i have to get rid of mine, i think the 03 was the last year they made good ones
Old 06-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

I crashed a '06 gsxr600 and the same thing happen. I couldnt believe it. the frame cracked right on the welds on the front end. thats rediculous that suzuki knows and hasnt done anything about it.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:48 PM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point

Well this is just great!!!! I just started ridin 06 gixxer, I cant wait until the frame snaps on me!!!
Old 06-05-2007, 05:59 PM

Guru is a decent person

Originally Posted by Division1 Ryan
Well this is just great!!!! I just started ridin 06 gixxer, I cant wait until the frame snaps on me!!!
yeah bro.... i seen that bike in the pics and vid.... id be pissed if it snapped. i was going to start pimpin mine out like yours to stunt but you beat me to it

guess im going to count my losses and sell it!!!
Old 06-05-2007, 06:12 PM

Hobie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jcrawford05
do you think there is a defect or do normal frames snao like that? WOW

I think there is a defect. I'm no metallurgist, but I salvage a few bikes per year. (trying to make a bike business my permanent gig) I've been coming across 06/07 600/750s and 05+1ks like this all the time. Those 600/750s ALWAYS break in that spot and they all look the exact same. I've seen a few road race bikes snapped like that too. Time for a class action suit against Suzuki if you ask me.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:30 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Just finished setting up mine, and every time I look on SL someone is calling it a fixxer, or a p.o.s. or something. I am sort of getting to where it doesn't bother me, but this is a serious deal here.

I have seen a couple already like this in Oz cycle salvage. One that I robbed a lever for my Hb off of had a 30 day tag on it!! The frame was broke in two on both sides, and the effin lever was only bent a bit, probably in transport!! That should tell ya something.

I was going to plate the sub-frame, and get a OMR sub-cage for it, that takes care of that. But plating the frame now too....damn it man. Seems like I am having to do a lot to this just so that it doesn't break. I feel like the kid in the Yamaha commercial trying to kick that honda 50 with a drill sargent yelling, and the kid says " I just wanna ride"! lol

Just got it pimped too,& I am having flashbacks to when I kicked a leg over that Kawi like 3 days before I bought this bike...

What do you guys think, think that this prob. is traceable with the Vin#'s to a bad batch or something?? You know like there was one strung out Japanese teamster on the line or something!

Quick Reply: so i am now scared to wheelie my gsxr