so i am now scared to wheelie my gsxr

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 05:56 PM

Greg Mcglynn is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: so i am now scared to wheelie my gsxr

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
yamaha, suzuki, kawasaki, all gahhbage for durability. everybody is hell bent on those 636's and how smooth they are but i like to be able to pick my bike back up and ride it some more after i crash.

My 636's have been though war. no frame cracks, never broke a subframe.
only thing I have done is blown about 5 motors(totally my own doing) and bend a subframe but the bike really took a ******* hard.

yea the front ends have issues with the forks breaking(hasn't happend to me but I am worried about it)

03-04 636's still the best all around bike in my opinion

There also super simple to work on.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:55 PM

Juar3z is a decent person

if the welds snap doesnt ge get a new bike.... cause that suzukis fault?
Old 06-19-2007, 07:38 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

No kidding, how long is my warranty?? lol

Here's a true story....

I actually had my speedo bolt backout and get wedged in my countershaft and crack my magnesium cover that the clutch linkage and everything connects to. It was busted all apart!! Looked like my motor was broken! Dick head, the head mechanic in the dealership, told me it was cuz I needed to tighten the chain....Jo county, Kansas richard head!

The bike had only like 250 miles on it!! It happened when I was backing it out of the garage. It got hard to push and sounded like I was rolling over shipping bubbles or snap pop's! I parked it and was like wtf when I saw all the damage!

Dick head ended up fixing it under warranty with parts off the showroom floor, after trying to make me feel stupid in front of his tech's and a customer the previous afternoon. Best part was when he had to call me and tell me it was the factorys fault and that he was sorry for how he had talked to me.

I think he was hatin cuz he knew that I had bought it solely to stunt....I didn't need to hide anything, It was funny how he grabs the clutch in a few times fast and says, "man you wore that clutch out too...." WTF!
it was dead because all the linkage was just flopping around on the side of the bike!! Funny dick head, that was my first warning that you didn't know what you were talking about!
You rubbed my tire and frowned at me.....pack it in your ***!

Now it whistles everytime I turn the key to on?? Right before I start it I hear a squeak or something weird?? Any one else hear this with theirs?

Prolly ********'s butt-gerbil !! lol
Old 06-20-2007, 09:16 AM

Stuntworksmatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Juar3z
if the welds snap doesnt ge get a new bike.... cause that suzukis fault?

Yeah no... suzuki wont cover that, especially a bike replacment because it was being used in a way the bike wasnt intended to be used.

However there is a grey area because they have to prove he was doing a wheelie.

And for the record you ******* need to pay more attention to bike maintinence... Theres no way a frame just randemly and instantainiously snaps, there has to be stress cracking or a small spilt at the weld. So just check your ****!!! plus if you check your bike regualarly and find cracks in the weld that you can roll down to the dealership and make them pay for a new frame...
Old 06-20-2007, 09:47 AM

starfox007 is a decent person

my subframe snapped on my 05 gsxr 600,,and all it did was land upside down goin over on an endo goin no morethan 3 mph ..there was a patch of limerock the cops mustve throw down at our sstunting spot when they broke it up about a couple days ago ..long story short i think gsxrs come broken from the factory and i love my gsxr so thats hard as hell for me to even say sumthin like that ...but im beginning to think its true
Old 06-28-2007, 10:44 PM

timmycrazy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Guru SF
haha so today i am workin on my f4i for a little street ride and i notice i nice sized crack in my frame........ i get worried about my gixxer frame and now my f4i frame is cracked

HA,Ha thought hondas were so tough?
Old 06-29-2007, 01:20 AM
Quad Ridin Ninja

z400doawheelie is an unknown quantity at this point

PEOPLE JUST DONT UNDERSTAND!!! THESE ZUKS ARE GETTING MORE POWER AND LESS WEIGHT...IT HAS TO COME FROM SOMEWHERE...IF YOU RIDE IT LIKE YOUR SUPPOSED TO IT WILL NEVER HAVE A PROBLEM, BUT WHEN YOU STUNT THE DOGSHIT OUT OF SOMETHING THAT IS MEANT FOR RACE PURPOSES ONLY...THERE IS ALWAYS 2 SIDES TO A STORY, AND IF SQUIDDLES DIDNT STAND IN THE REAR BRAKE WITH ALL HIS ****** WEIGHT TO SIT IT DOWN IT WOULD STILL BE TOGETHER...

Old 06-29-2007, 01:37 AM

TheGreatAco is an unknown quantity at this point

LoL this is funny, I thought Gixers are more durable then Yamaha's , I have a 2002 Yamaha YZF R6 ,, Layed her down at 140 mph ,, the frame and everything else was oke except the seat was F - up .. I fixed her up , put a cage on it, with a -1 in the front and 58 in the back with a 520 chain as for gearing, never had any problems with the bike again. This is weird that this gixer subframe snapped this way . :/
Old 06-29-2007, 09:02 AM

Angrish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by z400doawheelie
PEOPLE JUST DONT UNDERSTAND!!! THESE ZUKS ARE GETTING MORE POWER AND LESS WEIGHT...IT HAS TO COME FROM SOMEWHERE...IF YOU RIDE IT LIKE YOUR SUPPOSED TO IT WILL NEVER HAVE A PROBLEM, BUT WHEN YOU STUNT THE DOGSHIT OUT OF SOMETHING THAT IS MEANT FOR RACE PURPOSES ONLY...THERE IS ALWAYS 2 SIDES TO A STORY, AND IF SQUIDDLES DIDNT STAND IN THE REAR BRAKE WITH ALL HIS ****** WEIGHT TO SIT IT DOWN IT WOULD STILL BE TOGETHER...

Are you racing yours? You should get your money back before you start really riding hard. And buy a honda!!
Old 07-01-2007, 11:19 AM

EEKENTERPRISES is a decent person

So I was thinking of buying a nice 03 gix 750 today for 5 grand, but I think I will wait a million years for a honda. Unless anyone has one near montana for sale?
Old 07-01-2007, 11:45 AM

timmycrazy is an unknown quantity at this point

honda's break to,my buddy has a f4i and it's frame cracked and he blew 3 motors in it,so any bike can break if you beat the **** out of it.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:55 AM

monday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nice

ive seen hondas hit trees and the forks rip right through the headtube before it even put a hairline crack in the weld....def sellin my bike
Old 07-01-2007, 04:08 PM

zride is an unknown quantity at this point

holy crap. frames snappin in half, crackin, etc. I know the feeling. Just finishing putting a new frame on my 02 GSXR 600. Bought it salvaged and rebuilt it then come to find a weld that wraps around the neck, cracked through also. errrr. anway it all good. I will have it running in no time.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:22 AM

zx636skiv is an unknown quantity at this point

That's it...seems like every bike out there has frames that crack...I am selling everything and getting out of bikes all together...can't risk it. Maybe I should sell my truck as well...heard that if I drop it off a cliff, the frame could break on that as well.
I was gonna just ride my Huffy, but I broke that frame jumping off the roof of my house...
Problem solved...I will just walk everywhere...anyone heard if stock legs and ankles can break???
Old 07-03-2007, 05:45 AM
myspace.com/deanellis

Dean Ellis is an unknown quantity at this point

gixxer's are becoming more and more "fixxers" and then this-

wtf suzuki! step it up
Old 07-03-2007, 06:01 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

the perfect stunt bike never built........
Old 07-04-2007, 05:16 AM

DBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to all

Suzuki sucks