Would stunting going to the x games ruin the sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 06:11 PM

gsx-rKid1000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Would stunting going to the x games ruin the sport

Yea i think mr pink was talkin to aron (love how he called him sharon hope it was a ty po cuz that boy is 4 years younger than me an makes me look like i just started)about how hes young enoughf that if we do make it to the x games all the perks he will have. But then Nags said that we will be in the x games in that same thread thats why i started this one
Old 04-17-2007, 06:13 PM

Saturnin is a decent person

isnt this a repost?
Old 04-17-2007, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
whats wrong with hollister? or being rich? or having mom buy you a bike if she can afford to? who gives a **** where it goes, who likes it, who doesnt. ride cuz you love to ride not because the "sport" is gonna go somewhere or not. ride out of love and everything else will fall into place.
nuthins wrong with hollister or being rich but the hollister boy rich kids dont love to ride cuz they have nevor even thought about a bike just what hair gel works best.so there the true deffinition of squid My dad could have bought my first bike but i did at 16 03 750 so thats why i look down on the rich kids doin power wheelies ..and i dunno about u but id rater the kid earn the bike use the money for good donate to charaties hell for the price of a new bike u can pay for one of the MAKE A WISH foundations wishes for some dieing kid but thats just me

Last edited by gsx-rKid1000; 04-17-2007 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:19 PM

nope its not a repost
Old 04-17-2007, 06:27 PM

billyflo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gsx-rKid1000
I dunno im confused on thiis one . getting in the games means we made it mainstream and all the top riders will make more money get better dealls ext and that would trickle down to the no pros, the bad side is all theys people my age 18-20 who dont love riding and have nevor ridden a streetbike are gunna go out have there mommy buy them the bike just like thw one they saw in the x games. then he will go on his first ride and kill himself. witch would not be good for our sport. Now b 4 u get on me about being 19 i got my 03 750 on sale in early 04 after saving since i was11 because i loved bikes i just wanna know everyone elses oppinion.

I don't completely agree with you....I mean look at other sports like fmx....you dont hear/see kids trying backflips and **** just because they saw metzger or pastrana do it....and if your that stupid to try things you see someone else do without practicing and slowly progressing yourself well you just got what you deserved
Old 04-17-2007, 06:30 PM

-GoBLIN- is a decent person

Originally Posted by Saturnin
isnt this a repost?

Nah it was mentioned in kanes xdl thread, i think he just started this one so he wasnt a thread jacker
Old 04-17-2007, 06:42 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

, the bad side is all theys people my age 18-20 who dont love riding and have nevor ridden a streetbike are gunna go out have there mommy buy them the bike just like thw one they saw in the x games. then he will go on his first ride and kill himself. witch would not be good for our sport. Now b 4 u get on me about being 19 i got my 03 750 on sale in early 04 after saving since i was11 because i loved bikes i just wanna know everyone elses oppinion.

so because you liked bikes longer means its ok for you to be derogatory towards those that have not?
we were all newbies at one point. we all started for different reasons, and its futile to say that one reason is better than the other. or that one person has more of a right to love something than another? make sense?

people dying on bikes has nothing to do with stunting, accidents happen, buying an overly powerful sportbike with little experience is no ones fault but the riders, and every rider knows the risks that riding entails. to say that if stunt riding continues to gain mainstream acceptance would directly affect sportbike fatalities is a silly notion. your question is like saying: would nicky hayden winning motoGP increase honda fatality rates.

the only negative that i could see coming from this sport ever going "x games" is that there would probably end up being 10x as many aaron colton quality youngins out there making me look bad, and taking me out of work. LOL!!!

-kane

Last edited by Kaneone; 04-17-2007 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:47 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

nope its not a repost

YES IT IS.

Theres 20 other threads over the last 2 years just like it.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:32 PM

Hobie is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been trying to make a business out of selling used bikes and other accessories for a couple years now, I've been riding nearly 8 years. The hobby has definitely grown tremendously in that amount of time, not just stunt riding, but sportbikes in general. They seem to have really become VERY popular in the last three years or so.

It would likely benefit my wallet greatly if stunt riding was in the X-games and it went mainstream bringing new people to the hobby (for the WRONG reasons IMO, image reasons, ******* poseurs), but I just don't want to see it happen. I like the underground aspect of it. It's just got this outlaw feel.

I don't want to see it whored out and turned into a pre-fabbed product with a pre-determined plan for success like what happened to rock music in the 70's (arena rock) 80's (see hair bands) or hip-hop of today (selling the image of a gangster without any substance or lyrics with real meaning) with neon spandex riding shirts with big MOUNTAIN DEW logos or X this and X that all over every product you can possibly relate to stunt riding, "hey it's X-TREME! wheelie de-odorant BRAH!"

I don't want to misrepresent myself either. I don't consider myself a stunter. I love riding wheelies, stoppies, rocketing down the road at top-speed, dragging knee etc. I've never had a bike that was more agressively geared than down 1 and up 3 and that was for a VERY short time (no top speed makes outrunning those big 4 door sedans a bit harder) I've never had a bike with a 12-bar or a cage. I post here because you guys aren't full of ****. A lot of other boards will flame the **** out of you if you so much as break the ******* speed limit, tell them you rode a wheelie down the highway and they send you hate mail, admit to running from a cop in your life and they are ready to snitch on you.

I used to associate skate shoes and that whole skater look with, well, skating. (BMX too as I got older) - When I was in HS and a few years after looking that way wasn't going to get you laid. Dressing in that style and not skating, dirt-jumping, doing anything, was likely to get you labled as a poseur and to get your *** kicked. Now it seems like that's "the style" and it's cool to try and be something you aren't. **** THAT. I can't stand it when I ask a guy in a Fox hat and A-Stars shirt what he rides and he looks at ME like I'm the ******* dumbass.

It's like that Dave Chappelle Joke, goes something like, "Ladies, if you are wearing a short skirt with your *** hanging out and a shirt with your ******* popping out the top with GLITTER on them don't give me a dirty look when I'm staring, get pissed off, and tell me you're not a HO. If I was in a Policeman's uniform and someone just robbed you, wouldn't you come up to me expecting help? I'm not saying you are a hooker, but you are wearing a ho's uniform." I know I fucked it all up, but that's the jist.

So **** the X-games, **** the poseurs, **** the corporate sponsors, keep it underground and most importantly, KEEP IT ON THE STREETS. If you never ride the streets you are to motorcycles what ballerinas are to dancing, just my opinion, don't get a stick up your *** over it.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:36 PM
haters are your best fans

DaHammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaneone
so because you liked bikes longer means its ok for you to be derogatory towards those that have not?
we were all newbies at one point. we all started for different reasons, and its futile to say that one reason is better than the other. or that one person has more of a right to love something than another? make sense?

people dying on bikes has nothing to do with stunting, accidents happen, buying an overly powerful sportbike with little experience is no ones fault but the riders, and every rider knows the risks that riding entails. to say that if stunt riding continues to gain mainstream acceptance would directly affect sportbike fatalities is a silly notion. your question is like saying: would nicky hayden winning motoGP increase honda fatality rates.

the only negative that i could see coming from this sport ever going "x games" is that there would probably end up being 10x as many aaron colton quality youngins out there making me look bad, and taking me out of work. LOL!!!

-kane
+1 . i do wish i could kill the curves like hayden though
Old 04-17-2007, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by foety_foe
this is what will happen that will **** me off. rich mommy and daddy are gonna buy their kid a blingin brand new cbr or gsxr etx. and then they are gonna think they are the total **** because they can power wheelie a 600/1000cc bike. look at me on my total beat up 636 that is running only due to zip ties and laugh at me. but i will still have the last laugh because when junior lays down his brand new bike its not gonna be too much bling bling anymore. just my .
****, I was already going through that on a BEAT F3 in 00 or so. "Duuude, my R1 will wheelie ALL the way through first gear" - When I had that busted *** F3 so many ******* on their new leased R6's would talk **** to me in ******* parking lots at spots. Once there was this super ****** that really took the cake with neons on his R6 talking all this **** to myself and my bestfriend (RIP ULB) who had one of the first truly ugly bikes I had ever seen. In 00 there weren't mant people running around with a spray painted upper ziptied to their bike, mangled tank, and no other bodywork t speak of. So Pink neon R6 *** was talking all this **** about my boy and his bike, wheelie this and that like he's king dingaling of motorcycles. My friend hits the on ramp in what you guys now call a spreader (this was before any of us had seen dented tanks, so it was more of a straddler than a spreader, but whatever) - Meanwhile limpdick on the neon'd R6 couldn't even bounce the bike up. We hit the clovers and I purposely took his (inside of mine) line away from him FAST. Call me an *******, call me a *****, I don't care, he had it coming, pink neon **** talking **** sucker. So if anyone knows an Asian kid that lowsided a red/blk/wht R6 in Dallas at the Pioneer clovers in 00, tell 'em the guy on the F3 said what's up.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:46 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Hobie
I've been trying to make a business out of selling used bikes and other accessories for a couple years now, I've been riding nearly 8 years. The hobby has definitely grown tremendously in that amount of time, not just stunt riding, but sportbikes in general. They seem to have really become VERY popular in the last three years or so.

It would likely benefit my wallet greatly if stunt riding was in the X-games and it went mainstream bringing new people to the hobby (for the WRONG reasons IMO, image reasons, ******* poseurs), but I just don't want to see it happen. I like the underground aspect of it. It's just got this outlaw feel.

I don't want to see it whored out and turned into a pre-fabbed product with a pre-determined plan for success like what happened to rock music in the 70's (arena rock) 80's (see hair bands) or hip-hop of today (selling the image of a gangster without any substance or lyrics with real meaning) with neon spandex riding shirts with big MOUNTAIN DEW logos or X this and X that all over every product you can possibly relate to stunt riding, "hey it's X-TREME! wheelie de-odorant BRAH!"

I don't want to misrepresent myself either. I don't consider myself a stunter. I love riding wheelies, stoppies, rocketing down the road at top-speed, dragging knee etc. I've never had a bike that was more agressively geared than down 1 and up 3 and that was for a VERY short time (no top speed makes outrunning those big 4 door sedans a bit harder) I've never had a bike with a 12-bar or a cage. I post here because you guys aren't full of ****. A lot of other boards will flame the **** out of you if you so much as break the ******* speed limit, tell them you rode a wheelie down the highway and they send you hate mail, admit to running from a cop in your life and they are ready to snitch on you.

I used to associate skate shoes and that whole skater look with, well, skating. (BMX too as I got older) - When I was in HS and a few years after looking that way wasn't going to get you laid. Dressing in that style and not skating, dirt-jumping, doing anything, was likely to get you labled as a poseur and to get your *** kicked. Now it seems like that's "the style" and it's cool to try and be something you aren't. **** THAT. I can't stand it when I ask a guy in a Fox hat and A-Stars shirt what he rides and he looks at ME like I'm the ******* dumbass.

It's like that Dave Chappelle Joke, goes something like, "Ladies, if you are wearing a short skirt with your *** hanging out and a shirt with your ******* popping out the top with GLITTER on them don't give me a dirty look when I'm staring, get pissed off, and tell me you're not a HO. If I was in a Policeman's uniform and someone just robbed you, wouldn't you come up to me expecting help? I'm not saying you are a hooker, but you are wearing a ho's uniform." I know I fucked it all up, but that's the jist.

So **** the X-games, **** the poseurs, **** the corporate sponsors, keep it underground and most importantly, KEEP IT ON THE STREETS. If you never ride the streets you are to motorcycles what ballerinas are to dancing, just my opinion, don't get a stick up your *** over it.
i agree with every point you made
Old 04-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Relentless Dedication..

YellowGixxer is a decent person

I dunno im confused on thiis one . getting in the games means we made it mainstream and all the top riders will make more money get better dealls ext and that would trickle down to the no pros, the bad side is all theys people my age 18-20 who dont love riding and have nevor ridden a streetbike are gunna go out have there mommy buy them the bike just like thw one they saw in the x games. then he will go on his first ride and kill himself. witch would not be good for our sport. Now b 4 u get on me about being 19 i got my 03 750 on sale in early 04 after saving since i was11 because i loved bikes i just wanna know everyone elses oppinion.
couple different ways to look at it dude....think aobut it..cops might see it organized on tv...and think wow...why was i such a ******* **** smuggler to that kid in the lot?? he was just trying to be legit and be legal...thats a plus side to it...but there are morons anywhere you go...people will always think they can go all out the first time trying something and eat ****..sometimes they die or get really hurt...and so on!!
Old 04-17-2007, 07:50 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by YellowGixxer
..cops might see it organized on tv...and think wow...why was i such a ******* **** smuggler to that kid in the lot?? he was just trying to be legit and be legal...
doubt it.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:52 PM

TillDeathx714 is a decent person

Kids that have bikes bought for them by mom and dad bug. But maybe just cause I didn't get that. I think having to save and buy your own makes you value it that much more.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by YellowGixxer
couple different ways to look at it dude....think aobut it..cops might see it organized on tv...and think wow...why was i such a ******* **** smuggler to that kid in the lot?? he was just trying to be legit and be legal...thats a plus side to it...

Because that same logic has worked so well for skaters, the BMX guys, and street racers!...wait

I'm just ******* with you - I don't post often and none of you know me, I'm not going to start attacking peoples posts...yet :D

It would be nice if it would work that way, but I REALLY doubt it.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:52 PM

-GoBLIN- is a decent person

Originally Posted by TillDeathx714
Kids that have bikes bought for them by mom and dad bug. But maybe just cause I didn't get that. I think having to save and buy your own makes you value it that much more.
In this sport, it doesnt matter who bought it, its gonna get tore the **** up
Old 04-17-2007, 09:41 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

nuthins wrong with hollister or being rich but the hollister boy rich kids dont love to ride cuz they have nevor even thought about a bike just what hair gel works best.so there the true deffinition of squid My dad could have bought my first bike but i did at 16 03 750 so thats why i look down on the rich kids doin power wheelies ..and i dunno about u but id rater the kid earn the bike use the money for good donate to charaties hell for the price of a new bike u can pay for one of the MAKE A WISH foundations wishes for some dieing kid but thats just me
kane rocks hair gel, darius is rich as ****, i wear hollister and abercrombie, so does that mean we are squids?? just because ppl are different than your style of riding doesnt mean that they are squids. if everyone was all the same it would be gay as ****. i was once a power wheelying kid on a minty squidmobile. now i like to think im a pretty decent stunter, still rocking minty squid pieces. you might pull up next to me at a light and look at my crispy *** bike and my clothes and think i cant ride for ****, and i might make you look stupid. careful how you judge ppl.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:12 PM

TillDeathx714 is a decent person

Originally Posted by -Eri
In this sport, it doesnt matter who bought it, its gonna get tore the **** up
Yeah i know that but just saying that to me it's lame when a kid just get's a bike from mom and dad when they are just going to wreck it but those of us who know how to ride have to work for it.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:31 PM

Italian Magic is a decent person

Originally Posted by Saturnin
isnt this a repost?
I made a similar 3D months ago.

would nicky hayden winning motoGP increase honda fatality rates.
Don't worry, Honda fatalities will never rise.

Quick Reply: Would stunting going to the x games ruin the sport