Would stunting going to the x games ruin the sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 04:46 PM

gsx-rKid1000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Would stunting going to the x games ruin the sport

I dunno im confused on thiis one . getting in the games means we made it mainstream and all the top riders will make more money get better dealls ext and that would trickle down to the no pros, the bad side is all theys people my age 18-20 who dont love riding and have nevor ridden a streetbike are gunna go out have there mommy buy them the bike just like thw one they saw in the x games. then he will go on his first ride and kill himself. witch would not be good for our sport. Now b 4 u get on me about being 19 i got my 03 750 on sale in early 04 after saving since i was11 because i loved bikes i just wanna know everyone elses oppinion.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:59 PM

theguy386 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Would stunting going to the x games ruin the sport

Originally Posted by gsx-rKid1000
I dunno im confused on thiis one . getting in the games means we made it mainstream and all the top riders will make more money get better dealls ext and that would trickle down to the no pros, the bad side is all theys people my age 18-20 who dont love riding and have nevor ridden a streetbike are gunna go out have there mommy buy them the bike just like thw one they saw in the x games. then he will go on his first ride and kill himself. witch would not be good for our sport. Now b 4 u get on me about being 19 i got my 03 750 on sale in early 04 after saving since i was11 because i loved bikes i just wanna know everyone elses oppinion.
+1

oh, and you might want to spell check next time
Old 04-17-2007, 05:08 PM

katana chris is an unknown quantity at this point

yea bro i feel the same way , if stuntin makes it to the x games its gonna be just like the skateboarding trend as much as i want to see it go there i dont at the the same time to be honest i would rather see it stay underground with the main stream benafits
Old 04-17-2007, 05:13 PM

wonderbread is an unknown quantity at this point

all theys people my age 18-20 who dont love riding and have nevor ridden a streetbike are gunna go out have there mommy buy them the bike just like thw one they saw in the x games. then he will go on his first ride and kill himself.[/quote]

who cares
Old 04-17-2007, 05:19 PM

-GoBLIN- is a decent person

Originally Posted by katana chris
yea bro i feel the same way , if stuntin makes it to the x games its gonna be just like the skateboarding trend as much as i want to see it go there i dont at the the same time to be honest i would rather see it stay underground with the main stream benafits
+1 The whole underground thing is exality what i have been saying. I used to be hardcore into street bmx and skateboarding, but as soon as the xgames hit and the whole bony **** games came around, i ended up dropping a sponsorship for bmx and dropped 2 sponsorships for skateboarding because it got to out of control.

Dont get me wrong, its good that the sport is growing, and getting better coverage to an extent. But were gonna have all the fashion ***** kids that wanna be part of a fad, and get their parents and **** to buy them brand new stuff, and instantly they think they are hot ****, and think that they run the streets. It'll be interesting to see where it goes.

Even look at the fmx stuff. How many metal mulisha stickets, and how many FMX and no fear shirts, hats and all the kids who wear the flat brimmed hats, skate shoes and black knee socks trying to look like twitch and deegan? Now after you have that number, how many of those kids acually have ridden, or at least semi regularly "stunt" a dirt bike? Not a big majority....

I mean, No Fear stuff for fmx used to be a buy online, from a catalouge, and stuff like that. Now theres a store in the mall.... so does that mean, icon is gonna fire up a clothing store in the mall that sells a couple of helmets and gloves there?

When they say next years games are gonna have it do they mean, this summers xgames or next years?
Old 04-17-2007, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by wonderbread
all theys people my age 18-20 who dont love riding and have nevor ridden a streetbike are gunna go out have there mommy buy them the bike just like thw one they saw in the x games. then he will go on his first ride and kill himself.
who cares[/QUOTE]
why care because when that kid does kill himself his momy will be on tv saying how whats on tv caused it all and that would b very bad for our sport
Old 04-17-2007, 05:31 PM
haters are your best fans

DaHammer is an unknown quantity at this point

is it a definite that it will be in the x games? im confused, is this a hypothetical question or is it regarding some kind of press release that said stuntriding was in?
Old 04-17-2007, 05:34 PM

theguy386 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by -Eri
so does that mean, icon is gonna fire up a clothing store in the mall that sells a couple of helmets and gloves there?
that would be pretty cool though... it'll let me go somewhere in the mall while the GF does her shopping
Old 04-17-2007, 05:35 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

THE STREETS WILL ALWAYS BE UNDERGROUND!
something cant be mainstream if it is illegal
Old 04-17-2007, 05:35 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Not this thread again..
Old 04-17-2007, 05:38 PM

why care because when that kid does kill himself his momy will be on tv saying how whats on tv caused it all and that would b very bad for our sport
You got that **** everywhere though man.

I mean, some kid kills his parents, and blames it on grand theft auto.

Some kid burns his house down and blames it on Bevis and Butthead

In my game art and design class, i had to write an article on how video games influence people on a negative side.

My theory,

If NORMAL people, the majority of society (not dumbasses) were influenced by games, everyone would of been running around in black rooms, wearing yellow spandex, eating magical white *****, and running from ghosts when pacman came out.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:38 PM

TrickedOutCBR is a decent person

so wait is stunting gonna be in the XGAMES?
Old 04-17-2007, 05:41 PM

foety_foe is a decent person

this is what will happen that will **** me off. rich mommy and daddy are gonna buy their kid a blingin brand new cbr or gsxr etx. and then they are gonna think they are the total **** because they can power wheelie a 600/1000cc bike. look at me on my total beat up 636 that is running only due to zip ties and laugh at me. but i will still have the last laugh because when junior lays down his brand new bike its not gonna be too much bling bling anymore. just my .
Old 04-17-2007, 05:42 PM

foety_foe is a decent person

In my game art and design class, i had to write an article on how video games influence people on a negative side.

My theory,

If NORMAL people, the majority of society (not dumbasses) were influenced by games, everyone would of been running around in black rooms, wearing yellow spandex, eating magical white *****, and running
from ghosts when pacman came out.

true that
Old 04-17-2007, 05:52 PM

My theory,

If NORMAL people, the majority of society (not dumbasses) were influenced by games, everyone would of been running around in black rooms, wearing yellow spandex, eating magical white *****, and running from ghosts when pacman came out.
i didnt mean it like when a kid kills some one and saysit was because of gta i ment that all the holister boy rich kids that dont know about out sport will see it and be like man that would get me some gurls, so he will go to his mommy and beg her and show her that there are theys guys doing it on tv ,so his momy goes and buys him his bike of choice and when theys kids start goin down and dieing that will ruin what it took to get were we are now.rember when no one wanted to sponsor us cuz it was 2 dangerous . sponsors will pull out and our sport could go right back to underground cuz evry corporation that is involved now will think they made a big mistake when they read the front page of their paper and it reads "18 year old dies in bike wreack after watching x games"
Old 04-17-2007, 05:55 PM

i didnt mean it like when a kid kills some one and saysit was because of gta i ment that all the holister boy rich kids that dont know about out sport will see it and be like man that would get me some gurls, so he will go to his mommy and beg her and show her that there are theys guys doing it on tv ,so his momy goes and buys him his bike of choice and when theys kids start goin down and dieing that will ruin what it took to get were we are now.rember when no one wanted to sponsor us cuz it was 2 dangerous . sponsors will pull out and our sport could go right back to underground cuz evry corporation that is involved now will think they made a big mistake when they read the front page of their paper and it reads "18 year old dies in bike wreack after watching x games"

Oh i know, but its the same thing in principal. Like the mother is gonna pull some bullshit like "MY KID SAW IT ON TV BLaH BLAH NOW HES DEAD"

But i know what you meant, and i agree with it. But that **** is EVERYWHERE with EVERYTHING
Old 04-17-2007, 05:57 PM

Oh i know, but its the same thing in principal. Like the mother is gonna pull some bullshit like "MY KID SAW IT ON TV BLaH BLAH NOW HES DEAD"

But i know what you meant, and i agree with it. But that **** is EVERYWHERE with EVERYTHING
+1
Old 04-17-2007, 05:58 PM

If you read kanes thread where he mentioned this, i think it was a joke. phew. lol. BUUUT even if we look like morons, was a interesting discussion
Old 04-17-2007, 06:02 PM

TrickedOutCBR is a decent person

well he shouldnt kid and get everyone all worked up haha
Old 04-17-2007, 06:09 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

whats wrong with hollister? or being rich? or having mom buy you a bike if she can afford to? who gives a **** where it goes, who likes it, who doesnt. ride cuz you love to ride not because the "sport" is gonna go somewhere or not. ride out of love and everything else will fall into place.

Quick Reply: Would stunting going to the x games ruin the sport