Race rails Power stuntworks

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 01:37 AM

187mustang is an unknown quantity at this point
Race rails Power stuntworks

Any one here tested the powers stuntworks race rails? I'm thinking of ditching the FI cage for the race rails. I'd like some feedback from those who tried em.

Thanks
Old 02-02-2007, 02:57 AM

Insane J is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Race rails Power stuntworks

didn't Kane had one ?
Old 02-02-2007, 03:12 AM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person

no one uses search anymore eh???

Name:  mintystunna3.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  186.9 KB
Old 02-02-2007, 04:23 AM

Faz3r is an unknown quantity at this point

eh there was a huge thread on these a little while ago but I never heard definitavely if they held up well pr not, unless your running into clearance issues on the street though I'd have to say stick with the cage.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:39 AM

CarpeDiem is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont think that helped at all STYFU, I think he knows what they are and what they look like.

I wish I could help... But it's winter here, and I haven't crashed test them yet .
Old 02-02-2007, 10:02 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

I ordered mine 2 days ago.I would say how much but I don't want to make everyone mad
Old 02-02-2007, 10:03 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Faz3r
eh there was a huge thread on these a little while ago but I never heard definitavely if they held up well pr not, unless your running into clearance issues on the street though I'd have to say stick with the cage.
O-Town Tony said he learned HC O's with them on his bike so......
Old 02-02-2007, 10:29 AM

187mustang is an unknown quantity at this point

I did the search and found a little info but it seemed it was only a few people who had them. I'm not worried about a scratch on the stator since mine has a scratch on it any way but IF the cage is going to protect more I will probably stick it out. I've scraped the cage in the corners and I want to be able to take a hard curve without having to worry about it. yet in the case I lowsided or dropped it I want to preserve as much as I can. My main consern is my plastics I dont want the bottom of my plastics to get jacked up if I dump it. I looped a wheelie last year at about 65-70mph (scraped the pipe causing the coke-bottle effect) and the bike slid and flipped and all kinds of shi+ and the FI saved everything I didnt have any damage to my plastics at all w/the exception of the tail and pipe. It broke a clip on but from the driver seat forward the bike was just as mint as before it went down. The cage was destroyed but it saved everything. I would like to have that same protection and If I can get it witht he race rails I will ditch the FI if its gonn scuff the bottom of my plastics I'll stick with the cage. I got a new cage on it now and the bike is puurrdy but I dont do any major stuntin just sit-down wheelies, stagerds and standups. and ride it everywhere.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:42 PM

sytfu_RR is an unknown quantity at this point

I went down on mines,( got rearended by another bike at a stop and sent my bike skidding down the road..) as stated if you use the regular sliders that come with it, it barely scrapes the covers ( on either side ). Never had any clearance issues with it in the canyons, although I think I may get the extended sliders.

Old 02-02-2007, 01:03 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Extended sliders+cage=

I personally seen motor mounts and frame hangers break in half because of extended sliders.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:33 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Get the MXD 3 point cage... those are pretty sweet.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:35 PM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person

Originally Posted by sytfu_RR
I went down on mines,( got rearended by another bike at a stop and sent my bike skidding down the road..) as stated if you use the regular sliders that come with it, it barely scrapes the covers ( on either side ). Never had any clearance issues with it in the canyons, although I think I may get the extended sliders.

That race rail looks like it puts the case cover pretty close to the ground. Anyone ever have a hard drop with it?
Old 02-02-2007, 01:38 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

I was thinkin the same thing Jay. What if the bike is sliding and it hits a bump in the road? These rails look good, but they need to be about an inch lower with another 1/2 in of slider
Old 02-02-2007, 01:47 PM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person

Just my opinion but I would think that the 3 or 4 point cages would be a bit stronger. If it starts sliding in any direction other than forward or backward, it looks like that the mounting points would allow the cage to fold.

I usually don't post in these threads but I am kind of interested on how that rail would react since it's a fairly unique design.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:00 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

gonna try them on my shitty 636 with the cracked frame.If it breaks I will build my other 636.the motor is about to go on the cracked frame bike anyway so I will keep everyone posted.I might pancake it on the side just to see how it hold up.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:56 PM

midnitesins1196 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Faz3r
powers had pics of a race bike that had them on and he went down hard and picked it back up and finished the race, so if they can take a high speed hit they should hold up. Plus i was just up at his shop and he is working on cages that have more clearance for the street and cornering
Old 02-02-2007, 05:01 PM

midnitesins1196 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
I was thinkin the same thing Jay. What if the bike is sliding and it hits a bump in the road? These rails look good, but they need to be about an inch lower with another 1/2 in of slider
Originally Posted by verticaljay
That race rail looks like it puts the case cover pretty close to the ground. Anyone ever have a hard drop with it?
this setup has the old slider on it, i think Kane is runnin railz with extended sliders that will add like 3 inches
Old 02-02-2007, 08:24 PM
haters are your best fans

DaHammer is an unknown quantity at this point

they work just fine. everyone bashes em cuz of the stator and engine covers are too close too the ground. i modded mine so i could still use the shogun sliders as the mounting bolt for it on both sides. neither stator or engine come close to touching nemore. ill try n post pics tom
Old 02-02-2007, 08:34 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

cages are soooooo 2003...

I'd like to try somthing like the rails, but I see one thing that concerns me. Again, this is with NO experience with the race rails, but in my head I see the tube bending upward with more and more impacts with the ground rendering them usless. Then again maybe with they're stout and they'll hold up.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:44 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

my loop always bottoms out drifting the thing so there is another advantage to the railz

Quick Reply: Race rails Power stuntworks