powers vs freestyle ingen.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 01:50 AM

12oclock929 is an unknown quantity at this point
powers vs freestyle ingen.

I am lookin to get a cage for my bike. I'm not a big stunt guy but I like showin my skills every now and then. what I'm mainly concerned about is how it'll affect deep cornering. I read on the freestyle ingen. site that you can remove the hoop for deep cornering, that tells me that it'll scrape if you don't. I was wondering if the powers cage got in the way while cornering hard. I know this site is a bit powers bias but I'd like to hear the pluses and minuses of both. thanks
Old 08-05-2006, 01:57 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future
Re: powers vs freestyle ingen.

noooooooo
Old 08-05-2006, 02:02 AM

no as in neither? what would be your recommendation? or no as in this has been asked a thousand times and you thought you'd never see it again?
Old 08-05-2006, 03:09 AM

G-Rock is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a FI cage... you can corner the same, sharp corners fine, just cant go as low as you would if you are trying to scrape a knee.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:50 AM

Tony L can only hope to improve

new kids should rock a powers, they take abuse out the *** ill put my bike on it
Old 08-05-2006, 03:58 AM

xtremehakeem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 12oclock929
no as in neither? what would be your recommendation? or no as in this has been asked a thousand times and you thought you'd never see it again?
the latter!!! Race rails are what u lookin 4

Last edited by Cathi; 08-05-2006 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:08 AM

PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Otown_Tony
new kids should rock a powers, they take abuse out the *** ill put my bike on it
new kids? should old kids get an FI? does tha make any sense? hahah.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:38 AM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

hands down gotta go with powers sic product and some fo the best fukin customer service in the industry.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

Got a brand new FI cage for a 954, may fit 929's call FI and ask. Was mounted on the bike to check fitment and taken right off. Save time and money and buy off me instead of waiting 2 months from FI. Gots everything that FI sent to me except the stickers.

$185 shipped PM if you want it
Old 08-05-2006, 12:37 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by PavementEater
new kids? should old kids get an FI? does tha make any sense? hahah.
what im saying is FI Cages are good cages as long as they dont take hard hard hits. I've seen three broken frames but i've also seen them take massive abuse. I've seen verticals bike tumble, TNECKs bike do a flip. Vert's was fine TNECK's came apart so its a hit and miss thing. If your just starting out and get that scared oh **** im going to ditch my bike sydrom get a cage that will hold up and not bend flat out. Powers has kept my bike minty after two podium circle drops and a high sided drift. i back powers 100%.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Otown_Tony
what im saying is FI Cages are good cages as long as they dont take hard hard hits. I've seen three broken frames but i've also seen them take massive abuse. I've seen verticals bike tumble, TNECKs bike do a flip. Vert's was fine TNECK's came apart so its a hit and miss thing. If your just starting out and get that scared oh **** im going to ditch my bike sydrom get a cage that will hold up and not bend flat out. Powers has kept my bike minty after two podium circle drops and a high sided drift. i back powers 100%.

The guy said he wasn't a big stunt guy and likes to hit twisties. The FI would be a better bet for him since he can remove the side loops and roll. On a fully stunt bike I agree powers is best but for this guy, an FI will do.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:15 PM

MentallyTwisted is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a powers and the thing is bulletproof! and ive had some good 12 drops and yesterday i even managed to drop it sideways on a curb :YEAH and the cage is still 100% straight and no damage to my frame.

...BUT if your really not into stunting that much then i would look into powers race rails. still offers protection for fairings ect.. but will have no problem dragging your knee...if your into that.

...but then again im "new" to the forum, so what do i know huh?
Old 08-05-2006, 01:29 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

HOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enoughHOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enough

f**** hittin corners ... stuntaPOWERS

Last edited by Cathi; 08-05-2006 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:42 PM

Ed LegionST is a decent person

cage and corners dont go together. if you want to corner get the powers race railz.

to answer your first statement

this site is not powers bias they just make good products. if you look up at the top of the site FI is a sponsor of stuntlife.com. if anything i would say this site is FI bias. 2cent more and more people are going with powers because of the good products and the customer service and now you can even get there cages and other products through lockhart phillps which every motorcycle dealer has a copy of in their parts dept. hope this helps your cage search.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:51 PM

xtremehakeem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KSFSTUNTER
hands down gotta go with powers sic product and some fo the best fukin customer service in the industry.

Hey KSFSTUNTER mang how about those Vegas spots!!!!!
Old 08-05-2006, 05:58 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

I back FI because Tim is cool and I don't know the other guy. (how's that for help? )
Old 08-05-2006, 07:18 PM

VXscOOter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 12oclock929
I am lookin to get a cage for my bike. I'm not a big stunt guy but I like showin my skills every now and then. what I'm mainly concerned about is how it'll affect deep cornering. I read on the freestyle ingen. site that you can remove the hoop for deep cornering, that tells me that it'll scrape if you don't. I was wondering if the powers cage got in the way while cornering hard. I know this site is a bit powers bias but I'd like to hear the pluses and minuses of both. thanks
racing 905.com best cages
Old 08-05-2006, 07:19 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

FI all the way
Old 08-05-2006, 08:08 PM

Taylor PG is a decent person

Throwin another one in 4 powers. If you want to drag knee still powers. Use his race railz. Had a FI cage on my gixxer. First crash from 12 broke subframe tab off the frame.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:29 AM

I checked the site again and I'm likin the race railz. thanks for all the advice guys. I have a buddy with a powers cage and he can drop that thing off a roof without it touching his plastics. I'm curious as to how much protection the railz provide.

Quick Reply: powers vs freestyle ingen.