Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   powers vs freestyle ingen. (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/165503-powers-vs-freestyle-ingen.html)

12oclock929 08-05-2006 01:50 AM

powers vs freestyle ingen.

I am lookin to get a cage for my bike. I'm not a big stunt guy but I like showin my skills every now and then. what I'm mainly concerned about is how it'll affect deep cornering. I read on the freestyle ingen. site that you can remove the hoop for deep cornering, that tells me that it'll scrape if you don't. I was wondering if the powers cage got in the way while cornering hard. I know this site is a bit powers bias but I'd like to hear the pluses and minuses of both. thanks

Armenian 08-05-2006 01:57 AM

Re: powers vs freestyle ingen.

noooooooo

12oclock929 08-05-2006 02:02 AM

no as in neither? what would be your recommendation? or no as in this has been asked a thousand times and you thought you'd never see it again?

G-Rock 08-05-2006 03:09 AM

I have a FI cage... you can corner the same, sharp corners fine, just cant go as low as you would if you are trying to scrape a knee.

Tony L 08-05-2006 03:50 AM

new kids should rock a powers, they take abuse out the ass ill put my bike on it :2cents

xtremehakeem 08-05-2006 03:58 AM

[quote=12oclock929]no as in neither? what would be your recommendation? or no as in this has been asked a thousand times and you thought you'd never see it again?[/quote]

the latter!!! Race rails are what u lookin 4

PavementEater 08-05-2006 05:08 AM

[QUOTE=Otown_Tony]new kids should rock a powers, they take abuse out the ass ill put my bike on it :2cents[/QUOTE]

new kids? should old kids get an FI? does tha make any sense? hahah.

Scott- 08-05-2006 11:38 AM

hands down gotta go with powers sic product and some fo the best fukin customer service in the industry.

mofat01 08-05-2006 12:33 PM

Got a brand new FI cage for a 954, may fit 929's call FI and ask. Was mounted on the bike to check fitment and taken right off. Save time and money and buy off me instead of waiting 2 months from FI. Gots everything that FI sent to me except the stickers.

$185 shipped PM if you want it

Tony L 08-05-2006 12:37 PM

[QUOTE=PavementEater]new kids? should old kids get an FI? does tha make any sense? hahah.[/QUOTE]

what im saying is FI Cages are good cages as long as they dont take hard hard hits. I've seen three broken frames but i've also seen them take massive abuse. I've seen verticals bike tumble, TNECKs bike do a flip. Vert's was fine TNECK's came apart so its a hit and miss thing. If your just starting out and get that scared oh shit im going to ditch my bike sydrom get a cage that will hold up and not bend flat out. Powers has kept my bike minty after two podium circle drops and a high sided drift. i back powers 100%. :2cents

mofat01 08-05-2006 12:52 PM

[QUOTE=Otown_Tony]what im saying is FI Cages are good cages as long as they dont take hard hard hits. I've seen three broken frames but i've also seen them take massive abuse. I've seen verticals bike tumble, TNECKs bike do a flip. Vert's was fine TNECK's came apart so its a hit and miss thing. If your just starting out and get that scared oh shit im going to ditch my bike sydrom get a cage that will hold up and not bend flat out. Powers has kept my bike minty after two podium circle drops and a high sided drift. i back powers 100%. :2cents[/QUOTE]

The guy said he wasn't a big stunt guy and likes to hit twisties. The FI would be a better bet for him since he can remove the side loops and roll. On a fully stunt bike I agree powers is best but for this guy, an FI will do.

MentallyTwisted 08-05-2006 01:15 PM

i have a powers and the thing is bulletproof! and ive had some good 12 drops and yesterday i even managed to drop it sideways on a curb :YEAH and the cage is still 100% straight and no damage to my frame.

...BUT if your really not into stunting that much then i would look into powers race rails. still offers protection for fairings ect.. but will have no problem dragging your knee...if your into that.

...but then again im "new" to the forum, so what do i know huh? :LOL

HOLDINGITBIG 08-05-2006 01:29 PM

f**** hittin corners ... stuntaPOWERS

Ed LegionST 08-05-2006 01:42 PM

cage and corners dont go together. if you want to corner get the powers race railz.

to answer your first statement

this site is not powers bias they just make good products. if you look up at the top of the site FI is a sponsor of stuntlife.com. if anything i would say this site is FI bias. 2cent more and more people are going with powers because of the good products and the customer service and now you can even get there cages and other products through lockhart phillps which every motorcycle dealer has a copy of in their parts dept. hope this helps your cage search.

xtremehakeem 08-05-2006 05:51 PM

[quote=KSFSTUNTER]hands down gotta go with powers sic product and some fo the best fukin customer service in the industry.[/quote]

Hey KSFSTUNTER mang how about those Vegas spots!!!!!

excessa 08-05-2006 05:58 PM

I back FI because Tim is cool and I don't know the other guy. (how's that for help? :lol)

VXscOOter 08-05-2006 07:18 PM

[quote=12oclock929]I am lookin to get a cage for my bike. I'm not a big stunt guy but I like showin my skills every now and then. what I'm mainly concerned about is how it'll affect deep cornering. I read on the freestyle ingen. site that you can remove the hoop for deep cornering, that tells me that it'll scrape if you don't. I was wondering if the powers cage got in the way while cornering hard. I know this site is a bit powers bias but I'd like to hear the pluses and minuses of both. thanks[/quote]racing 905.com best cages

nags 08-05-2006 07:19 PM

FI all the way

Taylor PG 08-05-2006 08:08 PM

Throwin another one in 4 powers. If you want to drag knee still powers. Use his race railz. Had a FI cage on my gixxer. First crash from 12 broke subframe tab off the frame.

12oclock929 08-06-2006 01:29 AM

I checked the site again and I'm likin the race railz. thanks for all the advice guys. I have a buddy with a powers cage and he can drop that thing off a roof without it touching his plastics. I'm curious as to how much protection the railz provide.